Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 07:15 AM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
bet you didn't go down the cat food isle... canned cat food is completely out in my area...
that seems to be how it goes. You never know what they will be out of. For me it was dog food, then cream cheese, crackers, then chicken, all separate occasions.
But hallelujah after 2 years of zilch, I found canning lids at the WalMart.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:22 AM

4,614 posts, read 3,307,687 times
Not sure I understand the pasta shortage. Is it the wheat? Is it going somewhere else besides the US? We have plenty of wheat here in the US.

I tried to get spaghetti for my grocery delivery yesterday, no regular spaghetti AT ALL, just whole wheat spaghetti, which we don't really like, so I finally opted for gluten-free spaghetti, which was the only other option. Come time for the delivery this morning and guess what was unavailable and not able to be delivered in the order? The spaghetti.

Where did it all go?

Old 02-24-2022, 08:03 AM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Not sure I understand the pasta shortage. Is it the wheat? Is it going somewhere else besides the US? We have plenty of wheat here in the US.

I tried to get spaghetti for my grocery delivery yesterday, no regular spaghetti AT ALL, just whole wheat spaghetti, which we don't really like, so I finally opted for gluten-free spaghetti, which was the only other option. Come time for the delivery this morning and guess what was unavailable and not able to be delivered in the order? The spaghetti.

Where did it all go?
I noticed when the pandemic started and people were hoarding, spaghetti, pasta, rice, yeast were items gone from the shelves just like TP.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:05 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
bet you didn't go down the cat food isle... canned cat food is completely out in my area...
Its back in NJ now. I did notice it. Odd as it was across all brands. I see disruptions company by company but why all brands?

Old 02-24-2022, 08:11 AM

45,438 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Its back in NJ now. I did notice it. Odd as it was across all brands. I see disruptions company by company but why all brands?
Source supply issues?

That would likely be why not just one brand of cat food/pasta/vegetables, etc. are in short supply.

Years and years ago when I worked in manufacturing there was a natural gas shortage which impacted all the industries dependent on it. My company cut production and had layoffs as did our local competitors.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:26 AM

1,812 posts, read 903,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
They were out of nothing....AGAIN!!!

I screamed at the checker on the way out, told him he better knock it off, and said I expect the shelves of half the store to be empty the next time I go in. The nerve of some people. They clearly didn't read the news reports.
There was absolutely no pasta on the shelves at the closest WalMart, Target or Whole Foods. Lots of other spot shortages on different shelves. Where did the chicken go?

Old 02-24-2022, 08:40 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post

Where did it all go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
There was absolutely no pasta on the shelves at the closest WalMart, Target or Whole Foods. Lots of other spot shortages on different shelves. Where did the chicken go?

It’s all at the op’s grocery store.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:46 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,716,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
They were out of nothing....AGAIN!!!

I screamed at the checker on the way out, told him he better knock it off, and said I expect the shelves of half the store to be empty the next time I go in. The nerve of some people. They clearly didn't read the news reports.
And in other news today it is going to be Sunny and 70 degrees. Anyone who says it is 65 and raining where they are must just be lying.

Same thing...right?

Old 02-24-2022, 08:48 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What's with the cat food shortage. I had about 2 cans left so went to Walmart to stock up on more. They had nothing but a few rejects. So I went to Family Dollar across the street and nothign but a few cans of some off brand cheap stuff. I then went to Publix and out of luck there also.
That's what you get for harboring those disgusting creatures.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:51 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And in other news today it is going to be Sunny and 70 degrees. Anyone who says it is 65 and raining where they are must just be lying.

Same thing...right?
I'll admit, it is puzzling. Many posters on here reporting empty shelves. Where i live I haven't encountered that. My wife does most of the grocery shopping, but I've asked her several times and she says no, she hasn't noticed any shortages. Must be a very localized phenomenon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies