Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 09:05 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And in other news today it is going to be Sunny and 70 degrees. Anyone who says it is 65 and raining where they are must just be lying.

Same thing...right?
Nope, but nice try. I'm not one of those claiming this was a national issue like so many posters in this forum. But do continue to try and mischaracterize the conversation (par for the course no matter how many times you want to repeat this nonsense).

Perhaps paint by number would be easier

1. Prices rising....yep
2. Some regional issues...yep
3. National crisis....NO

Simple enough for you?

Old 02-24-2022, 09:19 AM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Couldn't rep again. It is astounding how many work so hard to keep this division alive. It must be exhausting trying to maintain that level of hate for your fellow countrypeople every day.
It is exhausting, but I’m just returning the “hate” from my fellow countrypeople that that was directed toward me from January 2017 to January 2021. But I get it, the “hate” was okay then!

Old 02-24-2022, 09:32 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,656,346 times
Yea, covid is the big monkey wrench thrown in the works. But seriously Capitalism 101, the supply curve meets the price/demand curve. There is your price. Shortages can mean actual component shortages for whatever reason. But give it bit time, price goes up to meet a smaller demand curve at that price. Same reason there is a "labor shortage", price isnt going up in order to meet demand. Like say Capitalism 101. It doesnt just go one direction. No guarantees of cheap price for goods or labor or raw materials.

And yea with crazy prices for rent, sure crazy prices for food and fuel just add to current consternation. Something going to give. Maybe WWIII, maybe Great Depression 2.0. Who knows, have to stick around to find out.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:32 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Yawn, another labeler. I know it may be hard for you to understand that not everyone is into your Red team/Blue team nonsense. Some of us can actually use critical thinking skills and not get into politics. Pointing out that a problem is regional at best (not national) is belittling no one. And calling out people that attempt to mislead by claiming stores are mostly empty with their disingenuous pictures of an empty shelf and projecting it to be national in scope does nothing to help anyone have an honest conversation on the topic.
What disingenuous pictures? I've seen no pictures on the forum in these discussions. I put some up in this thread, but have not claimed "this is happening everywhere", just stated that shortages ARE happening.

What pictures? Link?

Old 02-24-2022, 09:34 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Nope, but nice try. I'm not one of those claiming this was a national issue like so many posters in this forum. But do continue to try and mischaracterize the conversation (par for the course no matter how many times you want to repeat this nonsense).

Perhaps paint by number would be easier

1. Prices rising....yep
2. Some regional issues...yep
3. National crisis....NO

Simple enough for you?
You may not be claiming it is a national crisis, but there are posters that deny that there are even regional issues because they are all fully stocked where they are and for what they shop for.

But does the entire nation need to be out of Pasta, Cat Food, or Chicken to consider the Supply chain issues a national crisis? How many "Regions" need to be affected before it became a National Crisis?

Old 02-24-2022, 09:35 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
bet you didn't go down the cat food isle... canned cat food is completely out in my area...
Pretty scarce around here, too, for some reason.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:48 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's what you get for harboring those disgusting creatures.
A strange thing for someone named Leo to say!

Old 02-24-2022, 09:49 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
It is exhausting, but I’m just returning the “hate” from my fellow countrypeople that that was directed toward me from January 2017 to January 2021. But I get it, the “hate” was okay then!
It's not ever OK, which was my obvious point.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:51 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
I was at the grocery store last night and there were a lot of bare shelves. I’ll check to see if those same shelves are bare when I go later today.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:55 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Went down to our local supermarket today. They have some signs hanging in areas of the store. "Due to supply issues, some items are not available, sorry for any inconvenience" . Went to get some pasta, very small selection. Almost no chicken.
The farmer who I buy our beef from, tells me they may not have any for a month or more, processors are booked way ahead. Would anyone have any idea why they are so booked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies