Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 08:15 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Cat food and litter are in short supply here, have been for a few weeks. Motor oil, especially diesel as well. Other things, hit and miss.
Kitty litter is good to give tires traction in the snow or ice.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:28 PM

2,671 posts, read 1,192,261 times
veggie crackers gone, bell and evans chicken gone, bacatrin gone and cat food gone but gets stocked up a little every couple of weeks.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:30 PM

2,671 posts, read 1,192,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
here I thought it was a zinger, and not to be taken literally.
BTW do NOT give cats people food tuna it will give them Renal Disease. I don't even recommend cat food with tuna flavor or any human and animal food seafood.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:30 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
With the obesity rate in this country, let it continue for another couple years!

A bag of potato chips for $7, I can't wait!

Old 02-23-2022, 08:42 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
With the obesity rate in this country, let it continue for another couple years!

A bag of potato chips for $7, I can't wait!
Sadly, the most affordable food is high calorie stuff like pasta. Although at times even it has been in short supply.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:44 PM

10,876 posts, read 4,555,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wouldn't this solve the cat food shortage?

and the rodent problem, 2 birds, 1 stone....make it so

Old 02-23-2022, 08:46 PM

10,876 posts, read 4,555,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Ok.

Well, not only do I shop for myself, I shop for other people. I shop many stores in many different areas.

So:

Target
Harris Teeter
Food Lion
Lowe's
Aldi's
Lidl
Publix
Petsmsrt
Petco

These are all in NC in several different areas. These are also all different days of the week, different times of the day, multiple times in a day but in different locations, so it's not just 'my' store, it's a lot of stores.

I don't tend to take the Costco or BJ's shops because they are so dang big, it takes up too much time to find some of the items, even when fully stocked, so I don't know how they are doing.

I'm not a crisis actor. I want the shelves to be full instead of spending too much time texting back and forth to the customer that yet another one of the items on their list is out.

At this point, I think I'm going to start sharing the photos that I send to the customers to show that the item is out. There are a LOT of sparsely stocked shelves and many gaps, nothing but empty spaces, on shelves.

I'm not saying that the entire store is empty, what I'm saying is that those pretending this isn't happening, are wrong.

Edit: Here are some photos from my phone, some of these I know are Target, the others, one of the above listed stores. Not at the end of the day, I usually do my shops in the morning and afternoons, any day of the week.

I tried to make them large enough to see, but not too large so as to take up the entire page. Look around the items - you'll see empty rows where a product should be, or you'll see empty space on the shelf above, or the next to the product. Some of these aren't too bad, some of them...bad.

Again, I've NEVER said 'the entire store is empty', I've said, we are having shelves not filled, some areas with zero of the product, and keep in mind, this is not everything I see. This is just a small example of what I see, as these were all that were left on my phone. I delete images off of my phone all the time because when I do shops and deliveries, I take a lot of photos.

That's from one day of doing shops. If you want me to get serious, I'll take more, and show as much of an aisle as I can. I did not stage these photos for 'people on CD who don't believe this is real', I staged these photos for the customers.

ps...salmon in a bag is so.....no.

no way

uh uh

Old 02-23-2022, 08:48 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
ps...salmon in a bag is so.....no.

no way

uh uh
Customer requests, I don't like seafood bagged or fresh.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:48 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
I found one pack of chicken wings less than $12 for the lrg pk. Those used to be like $5 anyhow, I’m finding what I need at Wally’s. Stockpiling a little, if a good price. My frig freezer is packed.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:13 PM

3,850 posts, read 1,792,295 times
Last week at Wal-Mart gluten-free items in their dried good section was completed empty. Breads, crackers, pasta etc.... Mostly things seem to be stocked well. Cream cheese is low, not sure why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies