Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 04:02 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,725,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Oh for crying out loud. Are you seriously that lazy that you can't do a simple search on the forum?

How many posts/threads do you need to see to stop with your ridiculous denial?

Empty shelves, purchase limits are “the new norm” (generation, rating, party)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-new-norm.html

The store shelves are empty!!! (Obama, dollar, Walmart, elections)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ves-empty.html

More Food Shortages to Come (Mexican, illegal, healthcare, Canada)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ages-come.html

Prepare to Go Hungry (Putin, Missouri, myth, government)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...go-hungry.html

This is just the first page from a simple query of "empty shelves"

Each with their YouTube videos and fear mongering articles. It's propaganda at its finest and apparently you buy into it...hook, line, and sinker.

Stop wasting my time and everyone else's on this thread. It's insulting that you deny this has been an ongoing topic of discussion on this forum. All you want to do is argue and I'm not going to spend another second with your nonsense.
How about you calm the hell down. I don't read every damn thread on this forum. No, I have NOT seen those photos, and what, exactly, are you claiming that I've 'denied'?

Get off that high horse and LISTEN to what people are saying. THERE ARE SHORTAGES whether you, or anyone else, wants to pretend it isn't happening, wants to pretend it's just a few areas, wants to pretend that some are posting 'disingenuous pictures'.

Starting a thread in a snotty way, as if you know how it's going everywhere, makes your initial post VERY disingenuous.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:13 PM

2,335 posts, read 814,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How about you calm the hell down. I don't read every damn thread on this forum. No, I have NOT seen those photos, and what, exactly, are you claiming that I've 'denied'?

Get off that high horse and LISTEN to what people are saying. THERE ARE SHORTAGES whether you, or anyone else, wants to pretend it isn't happening, wants to pretend it's just a few areas, wants to pretend that some are posting 'disingenuous pictures'.

Starting a thread in a snotty way, as if you know how it's going everywhere, makes your initial post VERY disingenuous.
Maybe you should read the thread and listen to what people are saying (there have certainly been enough comments at this point of people claiming they haven't had any real issues). But do keep your blinders on.

There is no National shortage. There are some issues on a regional basis. I'm sorry that's so hard for you to understand.

Next time do a search and you'll get your answer (it takes a mere seconds).

Old 02-24-2022, 04:16 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,688 times
Quote:
Maybe you should read the thread and listen to what people are saying (there have certainly been enough comments at this point of people claiming they haven't had any real issues). But do keep your blinders on.

Next time do a search and you'll get your answer.
To be fair, I haven’t seen any empty shelves till this past week.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:19 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
so they are eating cat food.
Pretty sure those are the folks that couldn't manage to sew 40 quarters (10 years) worth of employment, over the course of their lifetimes.

Then, thought it was a good idea to NOT take advantage of their employers retirement/401K,Roth or defined benefit pension plans, while they were working...

Old 02-24-2022, 09:42 PM

6,365 posts, read 2,700,936 times
Quote:
If people are claiming "National", it should be across the board and it isn't. Sorry, it's about time people starting being honest and admit this is a regional thing.
Just as honest as the people who ridicule and make snide comments when someone says that they can't get Cat Food in their local store? You know like saying that they yell at the cashier in their local store because everything was in stock.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Just as honest as the people who ridicule and make snide comments when someone says that they can't get Cat Food in their local store? You know like saying that they yell at the cashier in their local store because everything was in stock.
Nice deflection Frank. I answered your question. If you're going to call something national, it needs to be across the board. I don't have an issue using sarcasm to deal with hyperbole.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:20 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,874,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
To be fair, I haven’t seen any empty shelves till this past week.
Haven't seen empty shelves in the grocery store since early COVID, but we have HEB which is very good about that. Even in our recent Austin 4-day boil water notice, our local HEB grocery stores NEVER had a shortage of bottled water (or anything else.) Always stocked.

Old 02-25-2022, 03:10 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Quote:
Round Rock, Texas. Was shopping in Pflugerville today.
Thanks - my BIL is in Spring and my niece and nephew in Baytown - I'll ask them what it's like there.

Old 02-25-2022, 03:20 AM

Yep, you can find whatever you want on the internet if you search long enough and put in the narrative you're looking for. Believe whatever you want my friend (and feel free to disregard all the comments in this thread if it makes you feel better).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mys...s-16765285.php

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ken...d-d66f0bcdc2eb

Ironic that your last link is in direct opposition to the exact same source above on the same date. I guess that source likes talking out of both sides of their mouth (or perhaps they realize the first article was fairly subjective and wanted to backpedal on it since it didn't give the whole picture).

Last edited by dicipher; 02-25-2022 at 03:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies