Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 10:18 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
They were out of nothing....AGAIN!!!

I screamed at the checker on the way out, told him he better knock it off, and said I expect the shelves of half the store to be empty the next time I go in. The nerve of some people. They clearly didn't read the news reports.
We’re still having problems with pasta and various canned goods at my grocery store. But hey, I bet making fun of people who are noting supply chain disruptions and empty shelves made you feel good, right?

Old 02-23-2022, 10:19 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,887,517 times
Quote:
They were out of nothing....AGAIN!!!

I screamed at the checker on the way out, told him he better knock it off, and said I expect the shelves of half the store to be empty the next time I go in. The nerve of some people. They clearly didn't read the news reports.
Best post of the week.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:21 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
We’re still having problems with pasta and various canned goods at my grocery store. But hey, I bet making fun of people who are noting supply chain disruptions and empty shelves made you feel good, right?
Some people are just too serious. Lighten up.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:32 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Some people are just too serious. Lighten up.
Nah, I won’t lighten up. It’s still an issue, even if supporters of Joe Biden like to belittle and make fun of those who are noting supply disruptions.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:04 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Nah, I won’t lighten up. It’s still an issue, even if supporters of Joe Biden like to belittle and make fun of those who are noting supply disruptions.
Yawn, another labeler. I know it may be hard for you to understand that not everyone is into your Red team/Blue team nonsense. Some of us can actually use critical thinking skills and not get into politics. Pointing out that a problem is regional at best (not national) is belittling no one. And calling out people that attempt to mislead by claiming stores are mostly empty with their disingenuous pictures of an empty shelf and projecting it to be national in scope does nothing to help anyone have an honest conversation on the topic.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:14 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Yawn, another labeler. I know it may be hard for you to understand that not everyone is into your Red team/Blue team nonsense. Some of us can actually use critical thinking skills and not get into politics. Pointing out that a problem is regional at best (not national) is belittling no one. And calling out people that attempt to mislead by claiming stores are mostly empty with their disingenuous pictures of an empty shelf and projecting it to be national in scope does nothing to help anyone have an honest conversation on the topic.
Couldn't rep again. It is astounding how many work so hard to keep this division alive. It must be exhausting trying to maintain that level of hate for your fellow countrypeople every day.

Old 02-24-2022, 05:57 AM

3,227 posts, read 1,607,987 times
My local grocery store looked pretty stocked, so I asked the guy how were supplies?

He said he usually gets 1100 pallets a week, but he is only getting around 400 a week still.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:07 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What's with the cat food shortage. I had about 2 cans left so went to Walmart to stock up on more. They had nothing but a few rejects. So I went to Family Dollar across the street and nothign but a few cans of some off brand cheap stuff. I then went to Publix and out of luck there also.

My last stop was Food Lion and the guy was there stocking some cat food. I grabbed a bit and the guy said every time he stocks, it runs out fast.

Even Chewy was low yet dog food is on the shelves. Weird.
It's been like this with canned cat food for quite a while now. Signs on shelves, "Sorry for the inconvenience." All the canned dog food anyone could want, including same manufacturer which makes cat food.

Fortunately, my cats will only eat dry food. Haven't seen shortages of that. Fingers crossed.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:51 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
OP, is this just a bragging post? “My store is not under stocked like yours and everything is way cheaper too. Nanana boo-boo”

What is the point of this thread?

Old 02-24-2022, 07:12 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
OP, is this just a bragging post? “My store is not under stocked like yours and everything is way cheaper too. Nanana boo-boo”

What is the point of this thread?
See post #126 and please stay focused on what was said versus how you'd like to characterize it. No claim was made that prices weren't going up in the original post (we have had civil exchanges regarding pricing that have been interjected throughout the thread).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies