Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 12:52 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
These absurd ad hominem appeals to ridicule crack me up.

The new McCarthy-ites, same as the old McCarthy-ites.
I for one am willing to take the shovel myself, dig up Joseph McCarthy and reconstitute his Senate committee on Unamerican activities.

Because the good Senator was right.

There are some people here who need to be put out. period. Shilling for Putin is disgusting.

Old 03-02-2022, 12:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
The US is not energy independent. Out consumption exceeds production.

As I understand it, gasoline has been increasingly imported from Russia along the East Coast because of closures or destruction of aged refineries beginning in 2014. The destruction by fire of a 100 year old refinery in Pennsylvania made maytters worse.

Apparently it’s cheaper to import from Russia than it is to transport from the Gulf.

There have been intentions to repurpose gas pipelines to move crude from Alberta to Canada’s east coast to a nonexistent refinery. There is opposition within Canada.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:02 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I have seen so much fake photos and videos, which also seemed live. Kim Iversen made a video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98cXig0hOVw

yes, zelenskyy in body armor from dec 2021 and the kids waving at tanks blah blah blah. this is live stuff with live correspondents there. of course, you can go IN and take a peek....

Old 03-02-2022, 01:03 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

As I understand it, gasoline has been increasingly imported from Russia along the East Coast because of closures or destruction of aged refineries beginning in 2014. The destruction by fire of a 100 year old refinery in Pennsylvania made maytters worse.

Apparently it’s cheaper to import from Russia than it is to transport from the Gulf.

There have been intentions to repurpose gas pipelines to move crude from Alberta to Canada’s east coast to a nonexistent refinery. There is opposition within Canada.
All thanks to the leftist/democrats policies.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Fact check: at the moment true, i think even if we consider natural gas - energy

Quote:

Fact check: First sentance, mostly, true, the numbes have climbed, but they REALLY climbed in the last year and do so today. the old PES refinery was not really in use and has been supplanted elsewhere, and was not even the largest of the many still there.

Quote:

Fact check: unclear. Gulf of mexico? Gulf of arabia. Crude oil from the gulf of arabia is the 4th largest importee, and almost all if not all, to the east coast US. Russian oil goes to texas. IF you ever get time to 2 step down to texas, check it out

Quote:

Fact check: false. some albertan oil moves at present to texas. the plan is to move much more via rail.

The consumer is SOUTH.

Canada wants this to happen, thats why they are buying:

a) bagels
b) a seat on the next train to Kyiv
c) the smallest class 1 in the US

cmon MA mom...this is your country. show some pride and learn about it, before someone takes it from you.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:20 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
I agree, we should have peace and not war. Civilians suffer the most. The elderly, the sick and children in particular.
It's always about greed and money. Iraq we, US citizens, were lied to about "weapons of mass destruction". I remember looking at the vice president's face, Dick Cheney, republican, as he told the American public on television that it was all chemical bombs and the like, and I remember feeling that he was not to be trusted. I remember our head of house of representatives, Nancy Pelosi, democrat, as she clapped when the house voted to go to war. Her face looked apologetic, like she knew she was lying to us also.
And i keep thinking who profited? Because there must be a huge war machine that makes a lot of money, and it's not me, or the rest of the little guys here in the US. It's the very rich, corporations, somebody is making an awful lot of money.
Now this war, does Putin think he stands to gain economically? I think this war has more to do with NATO, but even more to do with Putin's ego.
Either way, ordinary young men, naive young men who join armies or are forced in (Russia is two years mandatory) die, and innocent people die, and for what? for whom? Rich war machines.
We have to stop this.....only us, the ordinary people of the world, can stop this, here in the US, but I am probably naive there also. Now in Russia, I do not think even the ordinary people can stop this. There is too much power in those who lie to us all.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:23 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
The Russians will not see this footage on their state run media sources. Pity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-HV2oUq8BM

Old 03-02-2022, 01:27 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Russia has been targeting hospitals.

When and where Ruth?
Please send me some proofs, I need to look into it.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:42 PM

a good read (yes, it is opinion)

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the...-empowered?s=r

Old 03-02-2022, 01:43 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
The world unites to fight Putin's genocide of Ukrainians. More sanctions for oligarchs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLqKqpGm9uE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies