Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 08:27 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times

Advertisements

I posted this link earlier in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/user/SaberFlux/

It’s a daily diary maintained by a Ukrainian university student who is a resident of Kharkiv. Today she posted two entries, one of which discusses Azov:
Quote:
If you actually look into the root cause of this group's emergence in the first place it would be apparent that we have Russia to thank for Azov's existence. They appeared in time when our army was weak and helped fend off separatists and for that they were made part of the regular military.

They have absolutely no political pull, far right parties never pass the threshold (2.5% of votes if I'm remembering it correctly) for being part of the parliament, so really they have no say in anything and are tolerated because they are helping us fight off the invader.

And yeah, I really doubt that ALL of the Azov's members are Nazis, at this point a lot of different people joined them, they were also teaching regular people about self defense, how to handle weapons and how to apply first aid just before the invasion started.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I posted this link earlier in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/user/SaberFlux/

It’s a daily diary maintained by a Ukrainian university student who is a resident of Kharkiv. Today she posted two entries, one of which discusses Azov:

I always enjoy reading your posts and contributions.

Putin's cheerleader will probably be here soon to correct you, though. She is the self-appointed authority of truth about Ukraine. Like a midge, as Putin put it.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:40 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Russian troop morale is waning right now as their comrades die one after another. Another Russian general was killed today...the 4th one since this war started 3 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Putin has stated what he wants after 4 rounds of talks. Recognition of Crimea as Russian. Donbass region to Russia. No NATO.
And what is the Ukrainians reward? Stop being bombed, (for awhile anyway).

I'll tell ya what....even if it ever comes to Russia stealing Donbass, even if it comes to Ukrainians having to give in to Russia, the western world will never forget, and Russia will be made to pay for this war for decades to come....many decades. They have lost all respect from the west.
Ukraine is just the battle, the war Russia has already lost.
Ukrainians are now also, more western than they've ever been, and they will never think of Russians again as their "brothers" or whatever Putina imagines. Ukrainians will look to the west for guidance for generations to come. The west has the hearts and minds of the Ukrainian people. Too bad for Putina he has no forethought, but all he ever cared about from the beginning was stealing more land anyway. (Putina was at first a typo, but I'm starting to like it.)

We will make them pay, long after this war is over.
I believe the neighboring countries should not allow fleeing Russians into their countries. The sanctions will really finally hit home eventually. By not allowing Russians to enter their countries, it will create another crises or possible implosion in Russia which Putin will have to deal with. I'm surprised Finland is letting them in now even. Close the borders. Most Russians are good people, but there has to be something that can trigger problems and worry for Putin. A internal crises in Russia might be the best thing to happen in Russia.

Last edited by JL; 03-17-2022 at 08:59 PM..

Old 03-17-2022, 08:45 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Putin has stated what he wants after 4 rounds of talks. Recognition of Crimea as Russian. Donbass region to Russia. No NATO.

I'll tell ya what....even if it ever comes to Russia stealing Donbass, even if it comes to Ukrainians having to give in to Russia, the western world will never forget, and Russia will be made to pay for this war for decades to come....many decades. They have lost all respect from the west.
Ukrainians are now also, more western than they've ever been, and they will never think of Russians again as their "brothers" or whatever Putina imagines. Ukrainians will look to the west for guidance for generations to come. The west has the hearts and minds of the Ukrainian people. Too bad for Putina he has no forethought, but all he ever cared about from the beginning was stealing more land anyway. (Putina was at first a typo, but I'm starting to like it.)

We will make them pay, long after this war is over. Some obvious financial, some covert stuff. Afterall, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Last edited by NoMansLands; 03-17-2022 at 08:54 PM..

Old 03-17-2022, 09:04 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Russian Forces restores water to Crimea - after 8 years of having their water supply blocked. This hasn't been really discussed in our media but must have been a major priority for Russia and one of the reasons they decided to enter Ukraine territory.

Here is a short 3 minute video.

https://odysee.com/@RT:fd/crimea-wat...ply-restored:4
Ukraine stopped use of the canal carrying water from the Dneiper after Russia entered Ukraine territory the first time in 2014 and took the Crimea.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:05 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
ISW: RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, MARCH 17:
Key Takeaways

* Russian forces continue to make steady territorial gains around Mariupol and are increasingly targeting residential areas of the city.

* Ukrainian forces northwest of Kyiv launched several local counterattacks and inflicted heavy damage on Russian forces.

* Ukrainian forces repelled Russian operations around Kharkiv and reported killing a regimental commander.

* Ukrainian intelligence reports that Russia may have expended nearly its entire store of precision cruise missiles in the first twenty days of its invasion.

* Russian forces deployed unspecified reserve elements of the 1st Guards Tank Army and Baltic Fleet Naval Infantry to northeastern Ukraine on March 17.

* Russia may be parceling out elements of the reserve force that could conduct an amphibious operation along the Black Sea coast to support ongoing assaults on Mariupol, further reducing the likelihood of a Russian amphibious assault on Odesa.

* Ukrainian forces shot down 10 Russian aircraft—including five jets, three helicopters, and two UAVs—on March 16, and Ukrainian forces continue to successfully contest Russian air operations.
https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...sment-march-17

Old 03-17-2022, 09:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Putin now calling his own people “scum” and “traitors.” Sounds like the guy is losing it. If he becomes unstable he could escalate things.
Wait, what? When? In what context? More info needed.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:07 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post

We will make them pay, long after this war is over. Some obvious financial, some covert stuff. Afterall, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Zelenskyy, rightfully so, said no to these demands. Would you let some thugs just take half of your house?

Old 03-17-2022, 09:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ruth, Russia is at STAGE OF WAR at this point - what else would you expect?
What do you mean? Most of the things I mentioned took place prior to the war. He has controlled and censored the media since his first round as President, if I recall correctly; his first 4 years? or first 8 years. And the poisonings and other extra-judicial executions. Arresting protestors who support the wrong presidential candidate (anyone who's not him), etc. etc. This is old news. Just the same old Soviet m.o.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:21 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Russian Forces restores water to Crimea - after 8 years of having their water supply blocked. This hasn't been really discussed in our media but must have been a major priority for Russia and one of the reasons they decided to enter Ukraine territory.

Here is a short 3 minute video.

https://odysee.com/@RT:fd/crimea-wat...ply-restored:4
You really think Putin stays up at night worrying about Crimea’s water supply?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies