Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2022, 04:47 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,963 times

Advertisements

I don't understand those Americans... They are ok to ruin Syria over some IGIL (Syria has no borders with USA, you know). They are happy to level Iraq over mysterious chemical weapons (whether they ever existed, we don't know) - even though it's not clear what threat to USA was there... They are ok to push Afghanistan to stone age, for what exactly - refusal to hand over some dude?

But when Russia does the same over very real concerns of trouble brewing on the border, that is not acceptable.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:48 PM

106 posts, read 28,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's what happened during the WWII to Germany - imagine that.
Because Germans were not supposed to be gone from the face of this Earth, yet whatever was left of them, were set free from the destructive ideology.
Germany were the agressors during WW2 invading everyone else.

Much like what Russia is attempting on doing today.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:48 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Hey Neuling, ever heard of Krasnodar? ....Sochi? ....Moscow is at 56 degrees north,
Russian territory goes down to 42 degrees north...14 degrees farther south than Moscow.
Sochi climate is almost as good as where you are in Portugal.
Krasnodar climate is like southern Ohio/northern Kentucky.

As for people not flocking to Canada...that's BS....Canada excepts 300,000 to 400,000
immigrants per year....most now coming from "warm" countries.

People just do not want to move to Russia for obvious reasons,
the leader sucks, the economy sucks...etc...

Well, those are the mildest places in Russia and certainly not the ones that can handle mass immigration.
They are already the most densely population areas of Russia, most of the country is way less populated, just too cold, similar to most of Canada...

I do think language plays an important role. My brother is considering emigration and we recently talked about it and he excluded several options just because he doesn't speak the respective languages.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:52 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDuncanitis View Post
Germany were the agressors during WW2 invading everyone else.

Much like what Russia is attempting on doing today.
That's utter nonsense.
People like to do those primitive comparisons or analogies, but I see none between now and Nazi-Germany.
In my view the invasion of Ukraine is defensive and preemptive in nature. There is no interest in stealing land and resources, very much unlike what the Germans and Japanese wanted.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I don't understand those Americans... They are ok to ruin Syria over some IGIL (Syria has no borders with USA, you know). They are happy to level Iraq over mysterious chemical weapons (whether they ever existed, we don't know) - even though it's not clear what threat to USA was there... They are ok to push Afghanistan to stone age, for what exactly - refusal to hand over some dude?

But when Russia does the same over very real concerns of trouble brewing on the border, that is not acceptable.
Your not wrong. I was a kid when we invaded Iraq, wasn't until I turned 18 that I started learning how wrong that war was.

I listened to Immortal Technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ffxUT7Puf0

My sentiments on any other day would make you think I'm anti-American.

In reality I do see it for what it is. Unlike you who can't see Russia for what it is as they literally arrests people for holding signs.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:53 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,694 times
Quote:

I’m not saying we’re perfect and I’ve been clear on that but two wrongs don’t make a right.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's utter nonsense.
People like to do those primitive comparisons or analogies, but I see none between now and Nazi-Germany.
In my view the invasion of Ukraine is defensive and preemptive in nature. There is no interest in stealing land and resources, very much unlike what the Germans and Japanese wanted.
What if you're neighbor just broke into your house as a defensive measure and killed your fam, and told you he'd leave if you remove all the locks from your doors and gave up any fire-arms?

Old 03-30-2022, 05:06 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,208,008 times
Ukrainian forces recaptured the town of Trostyanets in eastern Ukraine and residents don't have any kind words for the Russian soldiers who held the town for a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-tp97V2QG0

Old 03-30-2022, 05:07 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDuncanitis View Post
What if you're neighbor just broke into your house as a defensive measure and killed your fam, and told you he'd leave if you remove all the locks from your doors and gave up any fire-arms?

What if your bastard son-in-law keeps on beating your daughter and tells you to stay away because it's their family?

Old 03-30-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
What if your bastard son-in-law keeps on beating your daughter and tells you to stay away because it's their family?
Then you go after that son-in-law, let your daughter back into your home and protect her. You don't kill off the rest of the son-in-law's family including children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXfPrn7mAaU

Full Translation:

-We are soldiers from Donbas

- Ordinary workers, children, energy workers who were sent to Russia by force.

- We are civilians

- Some as young as 18

- We're all f*d

- What are we even doing here?

- Many of us have been killed.

- We have been sent to the Sumy region in Ukraine

-There is a video on youtube of our friends being taken prisoners-of-war

- They cheated us ... we are ****ed

- Know the truth! The Russian Ministry of Defense has no idea that we have been sent here

- They took us illegally to Russia, gave us weapons but no documents, nothing!

- Take us back home to Donbas!

- They gave us AK47s against MLRS, artillery & mortars.

- Please spread this message

- We don’t fire these AK47s

- Yenakiyevo is here, Gorlovka is here, the whole DNR is here, Shakhtiorsk, Torez & Snezhnoye

- They took us all and said go and die

- This is 119th Division, 4th Battalion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.