Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 05:05 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Ummmm, ICBMs on both sides are not restricted by range. They can hit anywhere they are guided on earth.

If one side hits the button the other will, and probably several other nations as well. Thousands of ICBMs, bombers armed with nukes, subs with nukes. What would be left wouldn't be worth living the short life you'd have. Best pray that you are incinerated right up front if that happens.
Indeed, that is my prayer for me and my loved ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 05:06 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
yeah because he has used it before. Our media really has you scared and repeating dumb things.
It's merely a question. He's the one who stupidly invaded Ukraine. He's the one the brought the issue of Nukes into the lime light. Nobody else.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:07 PM

269 posts, read 247,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I know these are powerful weapons, but just how destructive are they? If Putin were to hit California, how much area would be destroyed from one hit?
If nukes are used then the world as we know it and our everyday life as we know it now will cease to exist.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richzimme View Post
If nukes are used then the world as we know it and our everyday life as we know it now will cease to exist.
What is meant by mutually assured destruction?
Quote:
mutual assured destruction, principle of deterrence founded on the notion that a nuclear attack by one superpower would be met with an overwhelming nuclear counterattack such that both the attacker and the defender would be annihilated.
If Putin lays a hand on a nuke Russia and the US will lay in ruins. Is Putin of sound mind to be in this position of responsibility or is he going to take the stance....If I'm going down....We are ALL going down?

Literally....this is the world we live in now.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:11 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
It's sad that now with Biden, we have to even think it's now a possibility. With Trump I always felt safe and had no need to even worry about nuclear wars.
Bingo. I simply hope we make it to 1-20-2025.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:12 PM

44,634 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richzimme View Post
Exactly, and if Russia, China, and No. Korea all together decided to unload their nukes on the US all at one time, then bye bye civilization. Those 3 country leaders want to destroy us.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:22 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,606,466 times
Quote:
Would the US be able to stop it in its path?
The US does have a missile defense system. To answer the original question, it depends on the yield of the warhead(KT/MT). Low end KT- not heavy damage. High end MT- massive damage. If it were to happen, not an extinction event but TEOTWAWKI.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Exactly, and if Russia, China, and No. Korea all together decided to unload their nukes on the US all at one time, then bye bye civilization. Those 3 country leaders want to destroy us.
Of course they would be destroyed too.

Not to mention the nuclear winter.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:33 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If Putin has lost his mind, then he is on par with Biden.

We then have two insane idiots on the precipice of a nuclear conflict.

Feeling good now about installing such a demented old fool as Biden and knowing that he could literally get us all killed? Is that really worth stealing an election over and getting CRT, open borders, and tranny rights through????

WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope there are enough sane people left in the US to understand why we can NEVER HAVE SUCH AN IDIOT AS BIDEN IN OFFICE AGAIN. Not only is the well being of every citizen of the US at stake, the very existence of mankind is at stake with such an imbecile "in charge".

SCARED ENOUGH YET DEMS TO BE SHOCKED BACK TO SANITY?
Some people literally will need to have a bomb land on their lap to comprehend what a terrible mistake Biden has been.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:35 PM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times
It's unthinkable what Putin could be capable of doing if he committed suicide by launching nukes at us. I would hope the sane in Russia would prevent such an action, I tend to think they would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies