Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 06:02 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,317,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't think it's actually on the table, but that's just me...
well...

In this time, we get words like "really irresponsible" and "why is he saying this?"

In earlier times it was "He's not going to use his nukes because he know we can wipe out 90% of the Russian population as soon as he launches his first"

That's what "detente" is called.

"If you try to destroy me, I will destroy you. And nobody wants that"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 06:04 PM

13,101 posts, read 7,568,268 times
from launch from the "other side" of the world to detonation-impact, 20-30 minutes.
accuracy, +/- 10 meters.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:04 PM

78,643 posts, read 60,823,449 times
For clarification the nukes dropped on Japan were 15-21 Kilotons.

A single Russian missile of modern design can have 10 larger re-entry vehicles, each one with a warhead of arguably 1megaton.

Or if it were really just one warhead then more like 20MT.

Adding that up and you're looking at 10-20 MT.

1,000 kilotons = 1 MT

So a single missile would pack roughly 1000x the power of one of the bombs dropped on Japan. Either all in one spot or divided up amongst a general area.

The MIRV's could be spread so that LA gets 2, San Diego gets 1, San Fran gets 1 and so on and so forth.

Now consider a nuclear ICBM armed sub can carry a large number of missiles and you start to see why even a lone surviving SSBN could lay waste to a large portion of the US.

P.S. There are a lot of different missile designs and payload configurations along with yield strengths so if you want to get into details it's all on-line and my comments are meant in general.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Exactly, and if Russia, China, and No. Korea all together decided to unload their nukes on the US all at one time, then bye bye civilization. Those 3 country leaders want to destroy us.
Huh.

I was not aware that NK had nukes for sure, or missiles actually capable of reaching the US.

You a spook?

Old 02-27-2022, 06:07 PM

20,176 posts, read 20,962,201 times
Good times.
So wishing I had died like 5 years ago. This sucks.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:07 PM

10,163 posts, read 7,823,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
My understanding is that a nuke isn't something that arrives by surprise. Our military is always on alert. So it's not like a nuke will land in DC and catch everyone off guard. I mean, me and you might be caught off-guard, but the Powers That Be and the military will know ahead of time. They'll have time to push their buttons and incinerate more of the world's population before Armageddon arrives.

Serious question: What do you all think Trump would be doing about this if he were in office? From what I'm seeing, he's praising Putin. So... would the USA be on Russia's side? Is that why you think we wouldn't be at risk from being bombed by Russia?
Trump didn't praise Putin. This has been twisted. Trump is a super smart guy. He was saying that since Biden is so weak, of course Putin would take the opportunity to do what he wanted. That would be smart for him to do while the US basically has no leadership. He was making fun on Biden and calling him weak.

Putin had respect for Trump and didn't dare go after Ukraine when he was in office. Everyone was afraid of Trump. He stood up for us and was strong....not a weakling like Biden.

We wouldn't be in this predicament if Trump were in office.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:09 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,701,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It's sad that now with Biden, we have to even think it's now a possibility. With Trump I always felt safe and had no need to even worry about nuclear wars.
delusional thinking can be treated with the right medications and proper psychological evaluations..

Old 02-27-2022, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Putin didn't attack when Trump was in. That said, I don't see this going any different with Trump in all honesty. Like many thing that have happened under Biden. I think a lot of what we have seen under Biden, was set up with a weak Trump presidency. Look at how weak Trump was with Russia.
tell us all how strong Obama was with Russia, and then how weak Trump was, and now how strong Mr "Toe-to-Toe" has been

Old 02-27-2022, 06:11 PM

10,040 posts, read 9,529,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
from launch from the "other side" of the world to detonation-impact, 20-30 minutes.
Of course but it takes at least an hour to get through to my cable company.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:12 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,371,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
What about nukes launched from a Russian sub(s) off the east coast of the US, would it only be a few minutes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies