Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 09:32 AM

13,634 posts, read 21,454,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Exactly. WWW3 would involve everyone including China and No. Korea. Nuclear bombs going off all over the globe simultaneously would wipe out everyone. And radiation would last for 100's of years preventing growth.
Research air bursts vs ground busts, air burst produce a lot less radiation long term than ground bursts would and many would be air bursts to do wider surface destruction.

The trend also has been to get away from the massive megaton devices, and go to kiloton devices though there is no promise that some large megaton detonations wouldn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 09:33 AM

4,991 posts, read 2,111,873 times
Well, I’m sure General Milley will call his Chinese and Russians counterparts and warn them of an American retaliation missile strike.

We’re screwed with Biden, Harris, Pelosi, General Austin and General Milley running the show and sadly, Putin knows this too.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
It's sad to think this conflict in Ukraine could end up getting several countries involved and already leading to talk of WWIII. This is not the direction any country should have and has already gone too far.
Well the media and people, even some here on CD are chanting the war cry to attack Russia, I don't know what the hell is going on in their minds

Ukraine is a corrupt country that elites go to launder their money, sure it is noble that Ukrainians are fighting back, but in the end the leadership and rich in Ukraine are as corrupt as Russia and some are ready to start WW3 over it.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:37 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,929,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Are you suggesting end of human race?
Joe did that..!
He wanted to go down in history and if there is any history after both sides push the button, Brandon will be remembered as the fool who ending the world, something no other president was able to accomplish.
Good work, Marxist left voters..

Old 03-06-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Well, I’m sure General Milley will call his Chinese and Russians counterparts and warn them of an American retaliation missile strike.

We’re screwed with Biden, Harris, Pelosi, General Austin and General Milley running the show and sadly, Putin knows this too.
I had a friend and family gathering the other day we are already prepping as much water, food and other survival needs with the plan that the MOMENT it gets hot with NATO and Russia to gather at a designated place that is not so close to cities and known military targets

I have zero faith in the current leadership and the time is now to have a bug out plan to at least TRY to survive. The time is NOW to have your plan and items together so you can escape , because wait too long and everyone else will be trying also and you'll be stuck surrounded my mass amounts of panicking people.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:45 AM

1,198 posts, read 424,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I had a friend and family gathering the other day we are already prepping as much water, food and other survival needs with the plan that the MOMENT it gets hot with NATO and Russia to gather at a designated place that is not so close to cities and known military targets

I have zero faith in the current leadership and the time is now to have a bug out plan to at least TRY to survive. The time is NOW to have your plan and items together so you can escape , because wait too long and everyone else will be trying also and you'll be stuck surrounded my mass amounts of panicking people.

How do you survive radiation? What about long term? If WW3 happens, it's not like you can wait it out for few weeks and then go run to your local supermarket to restock.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:50 AM

30,377 posts, read 11,990,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yeah. Game over. No use in preparing for anything.
Anything you ever wanted to do, the bucket list, whatever, you should do it now.

I am thinking of doing some fishing up in the mountains of New Mexico. Get with nature. Spend the summer enjoying life while it lasts. My gut feeling is this Ukraine thing is going to lead to nuclear war.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:50 AM

9,400 posts, read 7,045,419 times
our military is always ready and prepared for anything.. We have the most highly trained, skilled, and well equipped military in the world.

The US people are not prepared as we have the softest useless crap population of people on the earth. You see the strength and resiliency of the Ukrainian people doing what they need to do to survive. Our population couldn't endure a weekend huddled in a subway station with no beds limited food and who knows what for a bathroom. We would be waiving the white flag in 24 hours.

Don't worry about our armed forces worry about our politicians and our population.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:51 AM

30,377 posts, read 11,990,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
How do you survive radiation? What about long term? If WW3 happens, it's not like you can wait it out for few weeks and then go run to your local supermarket to restock.
You can probably break into your closed down supermarket and get what you want. At least inflation won't be a worry any longer.

There was a movie The Day After from 1987 that highlighted what would happen. The build up to the nuclear war seems very similar to what is happening right now.

The Day After

The film postulates a fictional war between the NATO forces and the Warsaw Pact countries that rapidly escalates into a full-scale nuclear exchange between the United States and the Soviet Union. The action itself focuses on the residents of Lawrence, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri, and of several family farms near nuclear missile silos.

A high-altitude nuclear explosion occurs over the central United States, generating an electromagnetic pulse which disables vehicles and destroys the electrical grid. Shortly thereafter, high-yield nuclear weapons detonate over numerous locations, including downtown Kansas City, Sedalia, and Sweetsage. The Hendry family, having initially ignored the crisis, is killed when they try to flee. McCoy takes refuge in a truck trailer, and Klein, who had hitchhiked as far as Harrisonville, finds the Dahlberg home and begs for protection in the family's basement. In the meantime, young Danny Dahlberg is flash blinded upon looking at a nearby nuclear detonation. Dr. Oakes, who witnessed the nuclear explosion over Kansas City, walks to the hospital in Lawrence and begins treating patients.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:51 AM

While nukes going off is the horrible worst scenario, Russia has the capability with EMP weapons and they are real good at cyber warfare.

I 'd say 90% of people these days don't carry cash and use a debit or credit card. Imagine how fast things will get ugly when people can't use their electronic money or there is no power. Within a week food will rot, stores will be empty, gas might not pump, people will start getting desperate and violent. Most people don't even have a weeks supply of food and water in their homes.

The time is now to have a plan. If you live in a dense city or close to targets that will probably get nuked, the time is now to make a plan or to leave it fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies