Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 11:35 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,206,134 times

Advertisements

Good lord OP stop buying into the media propaganda. To say WWIII is happening with certainty is insane. Turn off the news for a while, trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 11:38 AM

9,545 posts, read 16,586,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
At this point it feels that WW3 will happen, be it tomorrow or in 6 months but WW3 will happen. Ultimately it will go nuclear. Obviously there is no way to save majority of the public but does US government have any plans to actually save as many of the public as possible after nukes stop falling? Is there any underground shelters available around the country that general public will be able to access? Does the government have enough emergency food and water stored? Am i asking something that is impossible to be prepared for?
I seriously doubt there are shelters or a plan put in place for such an attack. Hell here in Florida with all these massive Retirement communities down here, there isn't even a shelter or information where to go in a Hurricane let alone a Nuclear Attack. So no I don't think this nation is prepared at all, we will be left on own to fend for ourselves. I do however feel we were much more prepared in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I remember in that time period of there being frequent drills at school of getting under our desk or going into the halls as they were the safest areas. I remember all the signs being put up on bldgs as designated Fall Out Shelters. I don't think those designated shelters are even listed anymore. I would prefer to be killed in a fulls scale Nuclear attack, than live with the horrible aftermath of a nuclear attack. I can't imagine anything more horrible than what it would be like.

So your asking an excellent question and I do believe the country should be prepared. At least make some attempt but again the aftermath would be so horrible. Would you really want to be alive after the attack?

Old 03-06-2022, 11:45 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,245,269 times
I have always considered nuclear war would one day be here. It is inevitable. I checked out the different affects of nuclear war on the human body. The gamma rays, measuring radioactivity with a dosimeter. Iodine tablets, shielding from gamma rays which are the most harmful.

It could be we all die in an instant. Once the nuclear buttons are pushed we have no control. We do what we can if we are not in the worst of the nuclear blast. The bible said the rich hide in the cleaves of the rocks. It will be a time of woe for all.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:49 AM

4,317 posts, read 2,508,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have always considered nuclear war would one day be here. It is inevitable. I checked out the different affects of nuclear war on the human body. The gamma rays, measuring radioactivity with a dosimeter. Iodine tablets, shielding from gamma rays which are the most harmful.

It could be we all die in an instant. Once the nuclear buttons are pushed we have no control. We do what we can if we are not in the worst of the nuclear blast. The bible said the rich hide in the cleaves of the rocks. It will be a time of woe for all.
I truly believe that if there are any people left a hundred years from now, most of them will have been cannibals.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:36 PM

30,202 posts, read 18,779,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
At this point it feels that WW3 will happen, be it tomorrow or in 6 months but WW3 will happen. Ultimately it will go nuclear. Obviously there is no way to save majority of the public but does US government have any plans to actually save as many of the public as possible after nukes stop falling? Is there any underground shelters available around the country that general public will be able to access? Does the government have enough emergency food and water stored? Am i asking something that is impossible to be prepared for?
If you really believe WW3 WILL HAPPEN, you are essentially believing that the world is on the threshold of annihilation. Better move away from a city, stock up on years of freeze dried food, get a water source, and stock up on fuel, guns, and ammunition. I actually have all those things. The difference between you and me is that I think there will not be a WW3. One cannot live in fear, as an individual cannot impact such disasters, so it is fool hardy to even worry. Your worrying will not create or prevent such a conflict, so chill out and enjoy your life.

Nuclear weapons have been a deterrent for WW3 due to the fact that such a war would result in the mutual destruction of all participants and even the rest of the non-combatants from radiation.

People have lived in fear of nuclear war since 1947 and the notion of mutually assured destruction has prevented it.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:57 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,439,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If you really believe WW3 WILL HAPPEN, you are essentially believing that the world is on the threshold of annihilation. Better move away from a city, stock up on years of freeze dried food, get a water source, and stock up on fuel, guns, and ammunition. I actually have all those things. The difference between you and me is that I think there will not be a WW3. One cannot live in fear, as an individual cannot impact such disasters, so it is fool hardy to even worry. Your worrying will not create or prevent such a conflict, so chill out and enjoy your life.

Nuclear weapons have been a deterrent for WW3 due to the fact that such a war would result in the mutual destruction of all participants and even the rest of the non-combatants from radiation.

People have lived in fear of nuclear war since 1947 and the notion of mutually assured destruction has prevented it.
It is not just about fear, it is about assessment, and given current times it is not fools fear to see that this could escalate , look at our leadership or lack of it, look at Putin who so far has done what he said he would, look at the war drums beating and the world mob gathering against Russia.

The difference between some and I is I am prepping now the best I can and then I can chill out and wait, while some aren't prepping now and IF it goes bad, they will be helpless.

Food, water, supplies, they aren't going to waste you can always use it up later anyway if the world keeps turning.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:10 PM

3,205 posts, read 1,318,012 times
I don't think a world war will happen for a country like Ukraine.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:10 PM

1,172 posts, read 413,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Good lord OP stop buying into the media propaganda. To say WWIII is happening with certainty is insane. Turn off the news for a while, trust me.
One didn't think WW1 could happen and it did. Then WW2 happen as well. The reality is WW3 will absolutely happen, be it as result of this conflict or another there will absolutely be another world war.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:12 PM

631 posts, read 294,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And if we give each of the kiddies a lollipop, will they go play quietly somewhere else?
LOL. No. There are always one or two or three who want all the lollipops for themselves. Also, those that throw other kids' lollipops into the mud if they can't have them for themselves.

That's why we will never have world peace. We're just not built for it.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:13 PM

24,841 posts, read 9,605,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If you really believe WW3 WILL HAPPEN, you are essentially believing that the world is on the threshold of annihilation.
I don't believe that Russia, China, and NK WANT to use their nukes, but I do believe that are scenarios where they will use them.

When a nuclear power is using his nukes as leverage to invade another country, now civilization has crossed a point of no return.

Nukes are supposed to be defensive, a last resort. Not a first resort when you're losing a war you started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies