Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 06:51 PM

57,422 posts, read 26,319,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh Jesus wept. Times like this I regret giving up drinking. Almost anyway. I'm not a simpleton so no I'm not bringing Keystone into this as a major ACUTE factor. That falls into long term chronic. So quit trying to insult my intelligence out of the gate by even insinuating I MIGHT be that ignorant.

That being said on to business. Trump had opened domestic exploration up wide. Biden ditched it. Along with a huge amount of regulatory baggage domestic outfits were saddled with thanks to the enviro wacko Nature Nazi heil Gore gang. Those regulatory requirements along with exorbitant taxes and fees made domestic exploration let alone production more expensive than buying and importing. Turning a profit on domestic production was almost impossible to do especially if untapped resources are part of the equation. Guess what? They are.

Trump had taken that overburden off the top so those evil energy companies that keep this country running could actually do what they do. Tap the resource and produce fuel. The Dems can't abide letting any taxes fees and regulatory power over ANY large resource based business go. So Biden was bidden and he trashed the Trump policies and lorded the federal government over domestic energy again. It wasn't hardly just the future transport ability of Keystone he trashed either. Plans for new refineries were also scrubbed. The US needs to expand refining and our energy companies were. Getting to the crude is just the first step.

All that is gone with a stroke of Joey Bidet's feeble hand. EV's are fine. If you're a trendy rich and appropriately enviro looney UC Berserkely indoctrinator...err Educator. Always mix those up. And the juice that fuels EVs still needs to be produced BTW. Didja think about that before climbing into that catbird seat? I think not. Does electricity produce electricity? What powers those big power plant turbines again? Uh huh...fossil fuels. Nuke generation is evil. It will kill us all in a generation if we go that route. (yes that's sarcasm) But wait!! Oh my wind solar and hydroelectric you say? But wouldn't that require a LOT of development? Damming rivers and streams, millions of square miles of open land to park the windmills and panels. Ohhhh so sorry. No joy. The little fly that eats coyote cookies and is on the endangered list lives in all those places.

So, in the simplest terms I can conjure there ya go. Maybe I SHOULD start drinking again. It would make life under the Joey Bidet puppet show more bearable short term.
Sorry for insulting your intelligence but Keystone has been used as an excuse to many times, Kudos to you for understanding that has little to do with the price of oil in the US. But I was hoping for more than just Trump's campaign rhetoric claiming he opened things up and he reduced regulations. I already pointed out that Biden has exceeded Trump in leasing on public lands in spite of the pause and I really need you to point out specifics on regulations when you claim they made the difference. Particularly since production has increased just about every year since 2010 and is still increasing including this year.

EV's aren't just fine they are the future, not just here but in every country.

Something we can both agree on, start drinking again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 08:58 PM

1,144 posts, read 453,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Those who think a president has control over gas prices are misinformed. It's all about supply and demand which no president has control of
Sure. It is all coincidence it comes down under Republicans and goes up under democrats. Gas has more than doubled here in my city since biden "won" the election. Trump haters blamed him for everything and now deny blame on biden for anything. The worst thing about democrats is their inability to even admit fault to a single problem Biden and his pathetic policies are responsible for gas prices. They were shooting up before he got us into a possible war with Russia, and now will go even higher. The messes we have going right now are all biden's fault.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I haven't seen any party memos but as a conservative I support his move to ban Russian oil and deplore his previous actions that have put us in such a weak and dependent position that this ban will cause tremendous consequences for us.
I wonder how you would feel if Russia tried to get Canada or Mexico to join an organization that would put missiles on their borders aimed at us? How about if Russia funded bio labs in Mexico? What if Russia tried to install a puppet government in Mexico to become their source of Intel against the USA?

Many of Russia's actions likely are the results of US actions in Ukraine. Maybe we are not the good guys our propaganda media says we are?

Old 03-12-2022, 09:23 PM

6,833 posts, read 9,389,012 times
I love all of these "Republicans POUNCE!" stories that we see from our mainstream media sources. They write these articles as if Democrats are just well-meaning, innocent bystanders who simply can't get Republicans on board, when Democrats control the House, Senate, and the Presidency right now and can pretty much do whatever they want. Where's my eyeroll emoji?

Old 03-12-2022, 09:45 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,655,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sorry for insulting your intelligence but Keystone has been used as an excuse to many times, Kudos to you for understanding that has little to do with the price of oil in the US. But I was hoping for more than just Trump's campaign rhetoric claiming he opened things up and he reduced regulations. I already pointed out that Biden has exceeded Trump in leasing on public lands in spite of the pause and I really need you to point out specifics on regulations when you claim they made the difference. Particularly since production has increased just about every year since 2010 and is still increasing including this year.

EV's aren't just fine they are the future, not just here but in every country.

Something we can both agree on, start drinking again.
Nahhh. No taste for booze anymore. And when I actually think hard about how it made me feel...I think the stuff would be a better alternative fuel than a libation. One of the big regulatory moves Trump did that made a big difference was in the power granted to the EPA. Lefty Nature Nazis were ready to boil Trump in oil over the easing of environmental requirements. EPA red tape costs big bucks to cut through.

Now, something that just won't leave the nest for me here is your claim that Joey has exceeded Trump in the opening up of our domestic resources. How then is a gallon of gas as of now $2.00 more per gallon than under Trumps policies? If Biden has exceeded what Trump did and opened things up more why is Bidet now begging OPEC for more oil when we had our own under Trump and were giving OPEC the bird?

Where did all this magical stimulation Biden gave our domestic energy production after tomahawking Trumps policies get off to? If Joey has been so great for energy independence why am I having nightmares about the driving I have to do this coming week and next for medical appointments. I just gassed up last Wednesday. I have a 25 gallon tank. I had3/8 of a tank when I lifted the nozzle. $95.00 later I was topped off. (cringe) It will be considerably more these next trips.

An no it ain't Putin's fault. Nor is ANY of this mess a mess Trump left and poor Joey has to clean it up. It's all Joey and the Wacko left Dems. Trumps policies were working great. But it wasn't the Biden puppet show and the looney idiotic Dems that implemented those policies so they had to go. Anything with Trumps name on it had to go whether it was good for our country and people or not. And the Dems had NOTHING better to implement in place of. To them just axing Trump policy was sufficient. That's all that mattered.

And here we are Biden, our"leader" (who has no control over energy policy) on his knees to state sponsors of jihadist terrorists begging them to produce more evil climate destroying oil for us. Yep, he sure expanded our domestic energy production didn't he just. Far exceeded Trump. Lets see, $2.29 a gallon gas under Trump. $4.99 a gallon under Bidens "expansions" and climbing every day. Not seeing those expansions. Or are those Never Never Land policies?

Old 03-13-2022, 09:51 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,316,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
I wonder how you would feel if Russia tried to get Canada or Mexico to join an organization that would put missiles on their borders aimed at us? How about if Russia funded bio labs in Mexico? What if Russia tried to install a puppet government in Mexico to become their source of Intel against the USA?

Many of Russia's actions likely are the results of US actions in Ukraine. Maybe we are not the good guys our propaganda media says we are?
Which US actions resulted in Russia's actions?

Old 03-13-2022, 01:26 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrozac47 View Post
i do not get american born people live in usa since 1998. but if you look deply you will see three things all that dems republicans is just a gGAME because when they go and insult each other with actor and actress precision you find out their offices are basically next to each others dems/republicans offices and they also go to dinners and galas while pretending they fight them selfs for betterment of american people and more ridiculous is they are BRIBED BY SAME COMPANIES
Alex, can I get a period, comma, or any punctuation?

Old 03-13-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Which US actions resulted in Russia's actions?
Like I said in the post, two main ones are pushing for Ukraine to be a NATO member insuring NATO arms, including missiles being placed near Russian borders, and funding BIO research in Ukraine. Neither would be acceptable to the USA. In the 60's we almost went to nuclear war with Russia over them putting missiles in Cuba.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:59 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,549,421 times
I mean Russian oil accounts for 2% of the US oil

But yeah…keep being a sheep for the news

Old 03-13-2022, 10:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Not completely true when he signs executive orders banning pipelines and drilling and such, he and the democrats campaigned that they would bring down oil and fossil fuel and they are doing the best they can to live up to the promise and now we all are literally paying the price for them appeasing the leftist environment climate change hysteria voters.

The truth is many in the democrat party are happy gas is $6 a gallon and when they gather to discuss the situation they aren't concerned about fixing it they just gather to try to decide who they can pass the blame for it and now they are going to try to convince people it is Russia's fault.
But there is a lot to consider when a company wants to start a new drill rig. And Biden has nothing to do with it. The Republican in Texas running for Railroad Commissioner and is acquainted to what goes into oil drilling can fill you in on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies