Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 07:15 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
"No matter what he does?" As his good buddy said:

https://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-biden-warning/

The Ukraine situation won't help the Democrats because for weeks the Russians surrounded the borders of Ukraine and Joe Biden said, time and time again, they aren't going to attack Ukraine. Time when aid and military equipment could have been sent for the Ukrainians.

I am an independent and can honestly tell you after this year with the progressives and liberals pulling the wool over our heads, I WILL NEVER VOTE DEMOCRATIC AGAIN.
Time when you’d expect they’d at least try to secure all those dangerous biological materials the United States had operating all over Ukraine as recently admitted by US Undersecretary Victoria Nuland in her testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee. For some reason they didn’t bother to secure them or think to do it. I don’t know if they operate them or just fund them, but apparently they do exist and one wonders why the heck no one had the presence of mind to clear them out in the weeks they had waiting for Russians to attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 07:16 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"this thread makes my head hurt."

YOUR post makes my head hurt!

"with no other plan to reduce the cost at home"

And what is YOUR "plan"?

1. It is NOT the governments JOB to control costs.

2. Yes, if we INCREASE oil production, prices WILL go down.

You probably played hooky in school when they explained "supply and demand".
The government can get out of the way for one.....the Government imposes a cost on the economy just by existing. Stop imposing MORE cost on the economy by doing stuff.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:19 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
True. Not that republicans are that much better. At least they'll cut my taxes.
Nothing better than political gridlock to improve the economy.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:19 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:

We WERE energy "INDEPENDENT". You DO know that means, I hope.

THEN turned right around and buys oil from russia of all places.
We have been buying Russian oil since about 1994. We have never been energy independent if that means not buying any oil from anywhere else. We have always purchased some oil from other countries. You should study up on why that is the case. I live in the town where all these pipelines pass through. And where the largest oil storage facility where 90 million barrels of oil are stored. And most people in my town are connected to that industry. So I know a "little" about how all of this works.

Quote:

The Keystone pipeline project was STOPPED ON HIS 1ST DAY IN OFFICE.

You DO know what this, right?

It WOULDS have been completed by now and we would have MORE oil then we are buying from russia.
You know there is a Keystone Pipeline and a Keystone XL Pipeline. The Keystone Pipeline is up and running and Biden did not cancel it.

Biden cancelled a permit that was required to bring the canadian oil into the us via the Keystone XL Pipeline. He did not cancel the pipeline although the result was the same.

No it would not have been completed if Biden did not cancel that permit. 4 years under Trump and the USA portion of the pipeline from the Canadian border to Oklahoma has been subject of endless lawsuits by environmental groups, etc. You do understand that oil that would be in the pipeline is being transported from Canada to Oklahoma now? Truck and rail bring the Canadian oil down to Oklahoma. You see the semi's with oil coming into town all day long. I am all for the pipeline but your comments are totally incorrect. The southern half of the Keystone XL pipeline is complete and working. It goes from Oklahoma to Port Arthur, TX.

Also. How does bringing in oil from Canada make us energy independent?

With all that being said Trump would have done a better job dealing with this situation on gas prices. He would have met with the oil industry and formulated a plan to increase production. He would have pushed harder on OPEC. Biden has painted himself into a corner being anti big oil and would rather talk to Venezuela than American oil companies for solutions.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-12-2022 at 07:39 AM..

Old 03-12-2022, 07:29 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
...... the Obama administration promoted green energy throughout, did oil companies worry about constraints and increase pricing?
I'd say you're right, they didn't appear to based on those numbers. But Biden seemed to approach the subject a little differently, saying his number one priority going into the White House would be to put the fossil fuel industry completely out of business.

That might make some of the companies reconsider any medium-term or long-term plans, and try conserve any existing reserves they still control. Does that help the average consumer? Of course not. The result is higher retail prices and we're all paying for it.

Plenty of people claim Biden took that approach primarily to appease the far Left members of the DNC, not fully understanding the consequences of his words when viable alternatives are not ready as replacements. At least not yet.

And now at this point both sides are throwing blame back and forth at each other, with consumers caught in the middle.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:29 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
"I would transition from the oil industry, yes," responded Mr Biden, adding, "because the oil industry pollutes significantly".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54670269

Quote:
“No one is going to build another oil or gas-fired electric plant. They’re going to build one that is fired by renewable energy,”
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/24/joe-...-humanity.html

Quote:
President Biden pledges to cut US fossil fuel emissions up to 52% by 2030

https://www.newsnationnow.com/climat...climate-fight/

Signed ole' joe.......

Yea, it's all putins fault.....

Old 03-12-2022, 07:32 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
Default Biden's Drop in the bucket

https://nypost.com/2022/03/11/sancti...et-putins-oil/

Old 03-12-2022, 07:32 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Nothing better than political gridlock to improve the economy.
Government is a net drain on the economy. The smaller and poorer the government, the wealthier the economy overall.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:34 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Name one thing Biden did on domestic energy that is raising prices or preventing production and I'm begging you plese don't tell me Keystone. Climate change is the primary reason we need to go green but as you can see it's also to be independent of OPEC and Russia. Did you know that we imported Russian oil under Trump this isn't some new policy.

Remember gas lines back in the 1970's when we were going to divorce ourselves of dependency on foreign oil all forgotten. Remember when we were protecting fuel inefficient vehicles until we raised the CAFE standards. But here we are still much too dependent on fossil fuels and of course we need to go hat in hand to Saudi Arabia because Americans love cheap oil.

Meanwhile electric vehicles which is the direction the world is heading, not just here are unscathed the world. But in the US the right wing thinks EV's are some sort of dastardly plot. Yes let's keep drilling for more oil, that has been a time proven solution.

So yeah, ask the president to ban Russian imports then complain about increasing prices, that makes sense if you're Kevin McCarthy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...icans-ukraine/
"Name one thing Biden did on domestic energy that is raising prices or preventing production and I'm begging you plese don't tell me Keystone. Climate change is the primary reason we need to go"

We WERE energy INDEPENDENT when biden took office.

Today we are NOT due to his policies.

"'Im begging you please don't tell me Keystone."

Where would you rather we get some oil, russia or Canada?

I don't blame you for NOT wanting to talk about it!

"that makes sense. Glad to see you finally admitting something!

"Meanwhile electric vehicles which is the direction the world is heading"

We are NOT there yet, are we? It could take DECADES or years at the the least before we are. Until then!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2022, 07:34 AM

942 posts, read 392,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
We have been buying Russian oil since about 1994. We have never been energy independent if that means not buying any oil from anywhere else. We have always purchased some oil from other countries. You should study up on why that is the case. I live in the town where all these pipelines pass through. And where the largest oil storage facility where 90 million barrels of oil are stored. And most people in my town are connected to that industry. So I know a "little" about how all of this works.

Biden cancelled a permit that was required to bring the canadian oil into the us via the pipeline. He did not cancel the pipeline although the result was the same.

No it would not have been completed if Biden did not cancel that permit. 4 years under Trump and the USA portion of the pipeline from the Canadian border to Oklahoma has been subject of endless lawsuits by environmental groups, etc. You do understand that oil that would be in the pipeline is being transported from Canada to Oklahoma now? Truck and rail bring the Canadian oil down to Oklahoma. You see the semi's with oil coming into town all day long. I am all for the pipeline but your comments are totally incorrect. The southern half of the Keystone XL pipeline is complete and working. It goes from Oklahoma to Port Arthur, TX.

Also. How does bringing in oil from Canada make us energy independent?
"You see the semi's with oil coming into town all day long" Kind of IRONIC how higher fuel costs will have an effect on higher fuel costs....... Don't you think? Pipelines do seem a little more efficient at transporting oil.

As far as buying and SELLING oil to other countries makes sense when you look at global trade and how it benefits all involved. It's a different conversation if/when you have to depend on that commodity from other countries when you have the resources at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies