Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 12:42 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times

Advertisements

There are morons in the republican party (my party) listen to this woman....

https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/sta...1%2Fframe.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 12:51 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Those who think a president has control over gas prices are misinformed. It's all about supply and demand which no president has control of
Not completely true when he signs executive orders banning pipelines and drilling and such, he and the democrats campaigned that they would bring down oil and fossil fuel and they are doing the best they can to live up to the promise and now we all are literally paying the price for them appeasing the leftist environment climate change hysteria voters.

The truth is many in the democrat party are happy gas is $6 a gallon and when they gather to discuss the situation they aren't concerned about fixing it they just gather to try to decide who they can pass the blame for it and now they are going to try to convince people it is Russia's fault.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:03 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,455 times
Joe Biden needs to suck it up and own the gas price issue rather than blaming it on Putin. The numbers do not lie:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts

Old 03-12-2022, 04:33 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
"For days, Republicans called for a ban on imports of Russian oil, a move that, while the right thing to do to counter Putin’s attack against Ukraine, would cause already high gas prices to rise even further. Biden did as Republicans wanted — and they responded by blaming his energy policies for spiking gas prices."

This is an admission that Biden isn't up to the task.

The President of the United States calls the shots. He's not told what to do. If Biden did something because someone (in the opposing party?!) wanted him to, as opposed to because he thought it would be the correct decision to make for the country, then he's not the president in any way other than by title.

Now, I know that that sentence I quoted isn't true. It's nonsense made up for political reasons - this is an OPINION piece. They can say pretty much anything they want without repercussion or concern about "fact checking." But what they made up is a ridiculous attempt to blame the opposing party for Biden's own actions and they didn't even do it in a way that makes him look strong. It's guaranteed that he wouldn't be crediting Republicans for the decision if were popular, btw.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:45 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't support either party at all. But I see this as mid terms coming up. The GOP is worried that this Ukraine situation is going to help the Dems who otherwise seem to be on very shaky ground. So they have to blast Biden no matter what he does. Politics. A big reason why I don't support either party. Too many games.
How? The "Ukranian crisis" was caused by Biden and the Democrats who were still fumbling with their COVID mismanagement back in January when the Russians starting their advance.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:33 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Nope another leftist paper can’t waste time reading

Old 03-12-2022, 05:40 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't support either party at all. But I see this as mid terms coming up. The GOP is worried that this Ukraine situation is going to help the Dems who otherwise seem to be on very shaky ground. So they have to blast Biden no matter what he does. Politics. A big reason why I don't support either party. Too many games.
Ah, thanks for pointing out that this so called war with Ukraine and Russia might actually be another democrat controlled spectacle much like Covid was to manipulate the public's opinion.

Only thing, most of the voters for democrats like the majority Blacks, Hispanics, Indians, Women and the LBGT crowd overwhelmingly don't care one way or another what is happening between Russia and Ukraine. They are just getting mad everything is going up and it has been even before this war has started.

This could be the thing that turns this current crop of democrats towards the republicans or even another party altogether.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:43 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Let me get this straight. Dems said Putin's experience was one of the things that set him apart from Trump. He had spent 40+ years as a creature of DC. Biden himself claimed that he was the only candidate who could deal with Putin as he was the only candidate who had one "toe-to-toe" with him

And now some are claiming in the same breath that this "experienced" Biden is getting played by Republicans?

To be clear, no, not all Republicans wanted Putin to ban Russian oil. And, even those who did, it is still legitimate and not contradictory to blast Biden for our energy issues, which are exacerbating the situation now and which saw oil and gas prices spiking even before Putin went into the Ukraine

You want to talk about political manipulation, though? How about how Biden and the Dems are trying to pin blame on the increase in gas prices on the moves we are taking against Putin, even though gas prices (as I mentioned above) were increasing way before Putin invaded Ukraine. They think we are stupid.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:44 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Gas prices had went up for 8 straight months before Putin invaded. You can't blame gas prices going up completely on Putin unless you are the propaganda media. Also, we just in the past few days blocked Russian oil.

But if you listen to the oil industry, Biden isn't blameless either if you look at where the permits are in terms of profitability, the fees, and increase in speculation as people fear future supply disruptions all before we were told that Putin was amassing on the Ukranian border.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:46 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Biden is NOT doing anything at the Pleas of Republicans... nobody is stupid enough to believe that.

I don't blame Biden for all our woes, but right now we are in a **** storm and he is driving the ship so own it or get out of the drivers seat. It's one thing to be a bad leader, its a whole other thing to blame your poor leadership on others!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies