Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 06:31 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but I have yet to hear one offer a better solution."

Where do you get your "news"?
Also, democrats have the majority. It's THEIR JOB to offer the solutions.

I have yet to see a democrat offer ANY solution let alone a better one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 06:38 AM

7,375 posts, read 3,536,587 times
this thread makes my head hurt. republicans support deregulation and increased energy production at home. not just banning russian oil with no other plan to reduce the cost at home.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:40 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...es-2022-03-10/

Little interest in buying Russian oil in the market.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:42 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
My oh my. LMAO In his first week in office Biden did as he was bidden by his puppet masters and undid every single policy that Trump had implemented. Two biggies...immigration and ,wait for it, domestic energy. That very week here where I live gas spiked twice for a total of 75 cents per gallon increase. It has been trending upward since with one slight downward bump of 10 cents but the next week it had shot back up 20 cents.

And what did heand the Dems say? That we all needed to get electric cars. We are going green whether we like it or not. Impending doom from climate change would descend on us like Hells own fury if we didn't and the Joey Bidet puppet show and the neo Dems in Congress were going to save us from ourselves and force us off of fossil fuels.

And gas going into orbit had nothing to do with the Dems grabbing a razor thin majority in Congress and Biden sleazing into the WH? Ummm, no. You can't win. If Biden had left Trumps energy policies alone we could just offer a great big middle finger to Russia and their oil. We already had to OPEC but now their dancing in the streets (and palace courtyards) with glee. Yessir Abdul Shalama Lama Ding Dong Daddy needs a new gold plated 747.

With Biden on his knees begging to pay for it. This WP op ed is pure unadulterated SPIN.
Name one thing Biden did on domestic energy that is raising prices or preventing production and I'm begging you plese don't tell me Keystone. Climate change is the primary reason we need to go green but as you can see it's also to be independent of OPEC and Russia. Did you know that we imported Russian oil under Trump this isn't some new policy.

Remember gas lines back in the 1970's when we were going to divorce ourselves of dependency on foreign oil all forgotten. Remember when we were protecting fuel inefficient vehicles until we raised the CAFE standards. But here we are still much too dependent on fossil fuels and of course we need to go hat in hand to Saudi Arabia because Americans love cheap oil.

Meanwhile electric vehicles which is the direction the world is heading, not just here are unscathed the world. But in the US the right wing thinks EV's are some sort of dastardly plot. Yes let's keep drilling for more oil, that has been a time proven solution.

So yeah, ask the president to ban Russian imports then complain about increasing prices, that makes sense if you're Kevin McCarthy.

Quote:
“These aren’t Putin prices. They’re President Biden’s prices,” House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy said during a news conference on Wednesday. Via tweet, he claimed: “Gas prices started rising the day President Biden took office — when he canceled the Keystone Pipeline and halted new drilling on federal lands.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...icans-ukraine/

Old 03-12-2022, 06:42 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
He should go back to locking up young black men like he was doing inthe 90s with his derelict crime bill
Derelict my you know what. We need another crime bill. What’s happening now is derelict, allowing violent felons and murderers out on low bail to await trials years away is dereliction of duty of the highest order. Maybe you don’t see it where you live but it’s really bad in Houston right now.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:46 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Those who think a president has control over gas prices are misinformed. It's all about supply and demand which no president has control of
"It's all about supply and demand which no president has control of"

It never ceases to amaze how some do not mind showing what little they know by posting idiotic things.

And WE are called he"UN-educated"!

But, he DOES have control on policy and the issuing of drilling permits and the CLOSING of EXISTING sources.

We WERE energy "INDEPENDENT". You DO know that means, I hope.

THEN turned right around and buys oil from russia of all places.

The Keystone pipeline project was STOPPED ON HIS 1ST DAY IN OFFICE.

You DO know what this, right?

It WOULDS have been completed by now and we would have MORE oil then we are buying from russia.

Biden COULD grant the permits that have been applied for to continue oil drilling in Alaska and elsewhere.

We HAVE the leases but biden will NOT allow them permits to be issued.

So he DOES CONTROL the"supply" which affects the "prices"!

Old 03-12-2022, 06:47 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,567,404 times
I'm reading these posts, who do you think would have handled his better than Biden? He doesn't want gas prices to soar. That's ridiculous. Let me guess....Superman Trump? He's almost as scary as Putin.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:50 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I'm reading these posts, who do you think would have handled his better than Biden? He doesn't want gas prices to soar. That's ridiculous. Let me guess....Superman Trump? He's almost as scary as Putin.
Who would handle this better than Traitor Joe, the correct answer is anyone.

Someone needs to bribe Joe or Hunter to do what needs to be done, that's the only thing Biden responds to.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:51 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
There are morons in the republican party (my party) listen to this woman....

https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/sta...1%2Fframe.html
There are morons in every party.

So what is you point?

Old 03-12-2022, 06:52 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
You can’t be serious. Death, war and destruction follow Biden wherever he goes. For all of his claimed experience in Washington, Biden voted for the Iraq War, Crimea happened on his and Obama’s watch, and now he’s engaging in behavior on behalf of a country that has zero to do with us, only increasing the likelihood of direct confrontation with Putin. It’s loony to call such a track record successful.

Try as leftists do to deny it, Trump did more for world peace with the Abraham Accords, alone, than Biden did in all his 40+ years of government service.

On another note, honest people would ask if Biden’s son’s connections with Ukrainian companies is helping to drive Biden’s response here. There is a clear conflict of interest. Ukraine suffers and Biden’s son suffers financially. Maybe there is no connection but, again, this isn’t even being discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies