Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 10:34 PM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times

Advertisements

In a plan to expand abortion and make California a sanctuary state for abortion Newsom has called for abortion to be expanded. As a result the law would allow no legal recourse:

California policymakers who make up the “Future of Abortion Council” just dropped a bombshell. They intend to not only codify the killing of unborn children throughout all nine months of pregnancy but to decriminalize killing newborns days or even weeks after birth.

New language added to AB 2223 last week revealed the disturbing intent. The proposed legislation would shield a mother from civil and criminal charges for any “actions or omissions” related to her pregnancy, “including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.” Although definitions of “perinatal death” vary, all of them include the demise of newborns seven days or more after birth.

https://www.californiafamily.org/202...o-infanticide/

Harvard Lawyers Reaction:
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdmYgmwa/

California really needs Jesus.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:40 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
For those who want to read the actual bill:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...02120220AB2223

Old 03-28-2022, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
For those who want to read the actual bill:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...02120220AB2223
SEC. 7. Section 123467 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:
123467. (a) Notwithstanding any other law, a person shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise deprived of their rights, based on their actions or omissions with respect to their pregnancy or actual, potential, or alleged pregnancy outcome, including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.
(b) A person who aids or assists a pregnant person in exercising their rights under this article shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise be deprived of their rights, based solely on their actions to aid or assist a pregnant person in exercising their rights under this article with the pregnant person’s voluntary consent.

Definition:
per·i·na·tal /ˌperəˈnādl/ MEDICINE relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:04 PM

Should women who have miscarriages or stillbirths be arrested?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...urned-83516795

Old 03-28-2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Should women who have miscarriages or stillbirths be arrested?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...urned-83516795
Nobody has ever been arrested for miscarriages or stillbirths in its history, and thats not what this is about. This is blatantly an allowance for infanticide. You dont like your baby its ugly, or your baby daddy moved, or you had a baby and didnt know you were pregnant? You can legally have the infant put down by an HCP legally.

I never considered myself anti-abortion but this just down right unmoral and disgusting. Its making me really think who I was siding with all these all years and a second look at abortion in total.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Nobody has ever been arrested for miscarriages or stillbirths in its history, and thats not what this is about. This is blatantly an allowance for infanticide. You dont like your baby its ugly, or your baby daddy moved, or you had a baby and didnt know you were pregnant? You can legally have the infant put down by an HCP legally.

I never considered myself anti-abortion but this just down right unmoral and disgusting. Its making me really think who I was siding with all these all years and a second look at abortion in total.
The link I gave was about someone arrested for a stillbirth in CA.

Where does the bill say a baby can be "put down by an HCP legally"?

Old 03-28-2022, 11:53 PM

Quote:
The link I gave was about someone arrested for a stillbirth in CA.

Where does the bill say a baby can be "put down by an HCP legally"?
Section B

(a) Notwithstanding any other law, a person shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise deprived of their rights, based on their actions or omissions with respect to their pregnancy or actual, potential, or alleged pregnancy outcome, including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.
(b) A person who aids or assists a pregnant person in exercising their rights under this article shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise be deprived of their rights, based solely on their actions to aid or assist a pregnant person in exercising their rights under this article with the pregnant person’s voluntary consent.

I also read the article, its very clear that the the law does not make it criminal, as the judge ruled.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:11 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times
That part of the bill was for parents who have a baby with severe deformities (no brain, for instance). Some of these deformities can't be determined until just before or just after birth.

Please remember that these babies are wanted.

It has to be awful to be a parent having to make this kind of decision. Do you decide to keep the baby alive and run up hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills, money that could be used for children that may already be born to these parents? Or do you do what's humane for the baby at the risk of people viciously attacking your decision?

It's a personal decision that should be made only between the parents and their doctor. No one else needs to put their nose into it and judge others for what they might do. YOU might never consider late abortion, but God did not die and leave you in charge. You have no right to pass your moral judgment onto others, especially if you aren't the one that has to deal with the result either way.

Edit: I am referring to a generic you, not a specific person.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Section B

(a) Notwithstanding any other law, a person shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise deprived of their rights, based on their actions or omissions with respect to their pregnancy or actual, potential, or alleged pregnancy outcome, including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.

I also read the article, its very clear that the the law does not make it criminal, as the judge ruled.
Where does it say a live born infant may be deliberately killed?

Old 03-29-2022, 09:21 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
Democrat party is the party of sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies