Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 10:09 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Democrat party is the party of sin.
But living in a state that will almost certainly be controlled by Democrats for the rest of your life doesn't bother you enough to put one retired foot of yours in front of the other and move to another state.

You just like to complain .

Old 03-30-2022, 11:02 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Democrat party is the party of sin.
This made me laugh a little harder than I expected - thanks for sharing!

Old 03-30-2022, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This made me laugh a little harder than I expected - thanks for sharing!
He has lots of opinions like that, and we like to nudge and needle him about them (some of his posts like that are funny enough that I wonder if there is a budding comedian inside).

Old 03-30-2022, 11:19 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
He has lots of opinions like that, and we like to nudge and needle him about them (some of his posts like that are funny enough that I wonder if there is a budding comedian inside).
If he really lives in Sylmar, then he just has to have a good sense of humor! The place is primarily liberal.

https://bestneighborhood.org/conserv...os-angeles-ca/

Old 03-30-2022, 11:22 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
There is another thread about the West Virginia governor signing a bill that outlaws disease or deformity as a reason for abortion. Some of those in favor of that bill offered the excuse that tests that show some fetuses as "defective" are not always accurate and for that reason, women should not be allowed to have abortions because they have reason to think that their babies would not be born normal and healthy.

If the bill being discussed in this thread would allow women to take the chance that the tests were mistaken and then be permitted to have the baby painlessly killed within a very short time after birth is passed, I wonder how many abortions might be prevented?

In NO case, however, would I ever approve of a healthy child being murdered, whether that child was one second old or one year old -- and in about 99% of cases, I would draw the line at about 24 weeks of pregnancy.

Last edited by katharsis; 03-30-2022 at 11:47 PM..

Old 03-30-2022, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If he really lives in Sylmar, then he just has to have a good sense of humor! The place is primarily liberal.

https://bestneighborhood.org/conserv...os-angeles-ca/
Given the local descriptions he's provided in the past, I think he really does live in Sylmar.

Old 03-31-2022, 03:08 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
SEC. 7. Section 123467 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:
123467. (a) Notwithstanding any other law, a person shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise deprived of their rights, based on their actions or omissions with respect to their pregnancy or actual, potential, or alleged pregnancy outcome, including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.
(b) A person who aids or assists a pregnant person in exercising their rights under this article shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise be deprived of their rights, based solely on their actions to aid or assist a pregnant person in exercising their rights under this article with the pregnant person’s voluntary consent.

Definition:
per·i·na·tal /ˌperəˈnādl/ MEDICINE relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.
It is listed as a “pregnancy outcome”. This means you cannot simply slaughter a baby and get away with it. It only applies if the action taken occurred before the birth, even if the baby survived a week or more after birth.

Old 03-31-2022, 03:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Yes, very much so. The Book of Revelations describes the people of the Democrat Party very accurately.
So, who all doesn't sin? Is it the Republicans who go to church every Sunday? But don't some Republican women get abortions, too, but possibly in secret, though, especially if they have been protesting against abortion in front of an abortion clinic?

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 03-31-2022 at 03:22 AM..

Old 03-31-2022, 03:31 AM

7,370 posts, read 3,536,587 times
California is once again pioneering a favorite topic of the left, abortion. in about 10 years the new national debate will be post birth abortions as Disney will be thinking of new pixar movies to explore the topic. Anyone against it would be a right winger

Old 03-31-2022, 04:08 AM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, who all doesn't sin? Is it the Republicans who go to church every Sunday? But don't some Republican women get abortions, too, but possibly in secret, though, especially if they have been protesting against abortion in front of an abortion clinic?
Only Republicans go to church now - I'll make sure all the Dems get the message that they are not allowed to go to church and the fact that they have to support abortions even though they don't.

The stereotypes and generalizations many of you make here make me wonder what year you think we're living in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies