Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 07:58 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,764,256 times

Advertisements

Just when people start to become too distracted to even be racist, lefties have to stoke the fires and remind them how racist they are even if they aren't racist.
That pretty much sums up the divisive Obama era come to think of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 09:26 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
So apparently the Never-Trump but Anti-Woke Gay Conservative Andrew Sullivan was on this episode.

He claims he was fooled into believing that it would be a civilized sit-down interview with just he and Stewart.

Instead it turned out he was hijacked with two CRT nutjobs screaming at him, and even Stewart telling him he was a racist!

Hey Sullivan, you might want to re-examine your Trump views in full context now that you know how foaming at the mouth his detractors like Jon Stewart really are.

The Problem With Jon Stewart

Quote:
But just before the taping, as I emerged blearily from Dishing, I found out, in fact, that there would be two other guests, and that it would, indeed, be a debate. Surprise! As the show started, I also realized for the first time there was a live studio audience and that the episode was called “The Problem With White People” — a title I’d never have been a party to, if I’d known in advance. (I wouldn’t go on a show called “The Problem With Jews” or “The Problem With Black People” either.) At that point I should have climbed carefully off the stake, tamped down the flames, made a path through the kindling, and walked away.

I protested to the producers that I’d been ambushed. And to be fair, they gave me the option of backing out at the last minute. But I didn’t want to leave them in the lurch, reassured myself that Stewart was a pro, and said I’d go ahead. I just assumed he wouldn’t demonize or curse at a guest; he would moderate; he would entertain counter-arguments; he would defend fair play. After all, this was the man who had lacerated Crossfire for bringing too much heat and not enough light. He believed in sane discourse. He was a liberal, right?

Wrong.

...it became clear that Stewart was not conducting a televised debate, but initiating a struggle session. The point of the session was not to discuss anything, but to further enforce the dogma he had pronounced. So I found myself in the equivalent of one of those workplace indoctrination seminars — in which any disagreement is regarded as a form of “hate” or “ignorance.” But worse: I was in a struggle session with a live mob sitting in, cheering and jeering, which Stewart led and orchestrated. For good measure, Stewart called me a racist and told me I was not “living in the same ****ing country as we are,” and went on to angrily call me a “mother****er.”

I’m a big boy, and smiled through these assaults, but it does strike me as astounding that someone who once insisted that he believed in good-faith debates and not circus-like theater, someone who postured as open-minded, and disdainful of silly political grandstanding, behaved this unprofessionally. Stewart’s show made the old Carlson-Begala Crossfire seem like a model of substantive and elevated debate.

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/...8ld8icNEpe&s=r

Old 04-02-2022, 11:46 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
So apparently the Never-Trump but Anti-Woke Gay Conservative Andrew Sullivan was on this episode.

He claims he was fooled into believing that it would be a civilized sit-down interview with just he and Stewart.

Instead it turned out he was hijacked with two CRT nutjobs screaming at him, and even Stewart telling him he was a racist!

Hey Sullivan, you might want to re-examine your Trump views in full context now that you know how foaming at the mouth his detractors like Jon Stewart really are.

The Problem With Jon Stewart

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/...8ld8icNEpe&s=r
From your linked piece....
Quote:
Stewart’s show made the old Carlson-Begala Crossfire seem like a model of substantive and elevated debate.
I didn't realize Tucker Carlson was ever on Crossfire.

I never missed a show, if I could help it, in the Braden - Buchanan/Novak era as that was excellent TV. That combo, with Jim Morris doing his outstanding political impersonations on Thanksgivings, was some of the best TV not only of the time, but historically, IMO.

I stayed with it a little ways into the Michael Kinsley era, but lost interest as the show withered way in the 90s. It was completely off of my radar before Tucker appeared.

From the glory days....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByAlfwXYiW0

Old 04-02-2022, 01:42 PM

120 posts, read 132,007 times
I am so sick of this racism nonsense. I watched the first few episodes of Jon Stewart's show and was surprised at his thoughts. I used to like him. What happened to all these TV personalitys? Everything is about race these days more than it ever was which is creating a bigger platform. Hmmmm

Old 04-02-2022, 02:56 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
White guilt and white self-loathing are the saddest things ever.

Pathetic...
Feeling guilty because of your race is moronic as is being proud if it. I feel guilty for some wrong things I've done, and proud of some accomplishments, but I don't feel any guilt or pride for anything anyone else has done.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:00 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecup View Post
I am so sick of this racism nonsense. I watched the first few episodes of Jon Stewart's show and was surprised at his thoughts. I used to like him. What happened to all these TV personalitys? Everything is about race these days more than it ever was which is creating a bigger platform. Hmmmm
Race baiting sells. It's the reason why the news will report a murder over and over again if the murderer and victim are different races. If 2 people get into a fight and happen to be different races they'll show that and place up the racism angle- even though 99 percent of the time 2 people happened to get into a fight about something that has zero to do with either one being racist.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:02 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,642,372 times
I jhave lost all prior respect I had for him.

He used to be liberal leaning, but very objective. The Daily Show WAS my main news source back in the day when he hosted.

I guess he is now having to bend the knee and grovel as punishment for the fact that he didn't tow the prescribed script and spoke the truth about the origin of the Covid-19 Virus /Wuhan lab connection on the Stephen Colbert show a while back.

Someone was apparently not pleased about that. Thus the new John Leibowitz has emerged, complete with the boot licking.

Last edited by RogueMom; 04-02-2022 at 03:13 PM..

Old 04-03-2022, 07:40 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecup View Post
You and your white privilege

Old 04-03-2022, 08:57 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Race baiting sells.

Actually it doesn't.

The population is mostly rejecting this nonsense en masse - which is why the ratings for all of this nonsense is abysmal.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:30 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
MLK says the opposite. Blacks themselves are the racists when they put down their blackness if they believe that having white skin gives a person privilege. This progressive movement is all wrong. Oprah should know that white women made her super rich when they tuned in by the millions to watch a black woman daily. Where all of them racists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies