Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 08:41 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,054,966 times

Advertisements

FAD that is being put into kids minds. 10 years ago you rarely heard the term transgender, today you hear it daily.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How do we get rid of gender stereotypes when reality mostly tends to reinforce those stereotypes?
Transgender also reinforce stereotypes. They take on the dress, haircuts, makeup and demeanor of the opposite sex. If that's not 100% identifying "stereotypes" I don't know what is.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Then why is it happening among people who are friends? It shouldn’t be happening in clusters if it was random.
Suicide often occurs in Geo or professional clusters. And occasionally those within a cluster are known to each other, especially teens.

Reportedly, a majority who identify as a gender different than their own claim to have known they were different since age 8+/-. “Different” can mean anything, ranging from inadequate to special and everything in between. Does not seem much of a stretch for some to equate “ different” with identifying as a gender different than their bio gender or no particular gender. It can become an identity

Much ago was made during the recent SCOTUS confirmation hearing when the judge declined to define “ woman”. Got me to thinking about it and arrived at the same conclusion . Beyond the X and Y thing, what does woman mean? Attire and hair are superficial. Is a bio female child who has no interest in dolls, not a woman?

Are bio females who can’t conceive women? Are bio females who undergo mastectomy due to Cancer, women? If a bio female has a hysterectomy is she no longer a woman? Are women who take certain kinds of birth control and no longer bleed, women.?

Are neutered animals genderless?

Is a boy named Sue a woman?

No amount of hormone treatment or surgery is going to alter the basic biology. A fully transitioned Trans remains the bio gender they were born. How one chooses to present themselves to the world or their mirror does not change biology.

Transgender goes back to ancient times and some of it was nothing more than cross dressing to secure better opportunities and social freedom.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
I personally believe it should be illegal for a person to cut off their own, or other's body parts. It's macabre.

I mean do whatever else you want if you can't accept yourself, but leave the body parts intact (although the long term effects of hormones are probably unhealthy and could result in cancers or whatever down the road - and other people would then be affected) . . .
It’s plastic surgery and like most plastic surgery, is sought to alter nature and present an image different than nature intended.

As I understand it, most trans people do not pursue alteration of their genitalia.

Frankly, it’s none of my business when an adult pursues plastic surgery.

I don’t buy into puberty blockers, hormone treatment or surgery on minors.

I do appreciate the trauma parents experience when a child expresses suicide ideation.

A few years ago, someone created a poll along the lines of what if your teen child came out as gay. Some of the responses were shocking. Then again, people post outrageous stuff to anonymous online forums all the time.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:13 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Does Caitlyn Jenner still have her male equipment? She dates a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No idea. Caitlyn Jenner is a character on a tv show.
Tell me you haven't read middle aged mom's posts without telling me you haven't read middle aged mom's posts. She's answered that question.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:16 AM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Wow you really are dismissive of a very the intense process that families need to go through to reach some kind of resolution to how to deal with this when it’s actually your child.

Really easy to judge when you’ve never actually had to confront it for real.

The idea that parents, who certainly never had this on their radar when their kid was born - not in a million years did we think our kid was going struggle with just being the girl they were born as - are just playing at being supportive to rack up progressive brownie points is just nonsense.

Because most people don’t understand it, even in ultra liberal circles. I’ve had gay friends tell my kid to their face that they just don’t get it.

To see your child going through this, the uncertainty about whether you’re doing the right thing, whether your kid is damaged, if they can ever be safe in a world that really really hates people with gender identity issues and will seek to do them harm - it’s heartbreaking.

Do you really think parents make these decisions lightly or glibly, because it’s a trendy cool thing to do? That the kid puts up with bullying and ridicule for a flag?

Do you think parents don’t ask themselves if they’re doing the right thing by supporting it? That they don’t question whether it’s a phase, whether there’ll be regret, or what the eff lays in store? For your child, who you love more than anything in the world?

You don’t see the transformation in the kid when they finally feel comfortable and accepted in their own skin.

You read about it and assume. That’s very different to being in it for real.
i am not judging you personally because you give absolutely no context as to your situation. i have no idea who you are, what your family situation is and I don’t care quite frankly. pump your kid full of hormones and surgically “fix” them. it wont affect me.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Tell me you haven't read middle aged mom's posts without telling me you haven't read middle aged mom's posts. She's answered that question.
No way to know if Bruce Jenner had his parts lopped off unless he drops pants right in front of you so you can see for yourself. /shrug/ TV is TV and a character is a character and a story is a story.

Do you believe everything people tell you without question?

Old 04-05-2022, 09:28 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No way to know if Bruce Jenner had his parts lopped off unless he drops pants right in front of you so you can see for yourself. /shrug/ TV is TV and a character is a character and a story is a story.

Do you believe everything people tell you without question?
So you think Bruce Jenner is only pretending to be transgender for some stupid reality TV show? That makes zero sense in any logical way you think of it. And, yeah, if someone decides to start dressing as a woman, claims to be a woman and says they have had their male member sliced of, I will typically believe that. Besides, no one is seeing Caitlyn standing up at a urinal in a men's room

Old 04-05-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So you think Bruce Jenner is only pretending to be transgender for some stupid reality TV show? That makes zero sense in any logical way you think of it. And, yeah, if someone decides to start dressing as a woman, claims to be a woman and says they have had their male member sliced of, I will typically believe that. Besides, no one is seeing Caitlyn standing up at a urinal in a men's room

It also makes zero sense to believe his parts were lopped off just because it's part of a story line. No way to know. /shrug/

There was a Canadian guy who got breast implants to win a bet. Stranger things have happened.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-sagging.html

"And there's the added bonus that he gets $10,000 for every year that he keeps them in."

Old 04-05-2022, 09:44 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
For the record it doesn't get sliced off. It gets inverted. After all the parts down there are all largely the same thing. Just triggered differently in development.

Technically every male is transgender as all fetuses start off female. Around 2nd month androgens start to develop the genital tubercle into a penis rather than clitoris. Neurovascular anatomy of both is similar and why we are able to surgically change them and have functionality. Every man has a genetically pre-determined breast size as well if exposed to HRT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies