Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 12:08 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No doubt we disagree. I guess you think putting prepubescent children on puberty blockers and then cross-sex hormones is a-okay, but I do not.
Denying them that because it offends your personal beliefs even though their doctors and parents sign off on it certainly is abusive. Keep your own opinion out of these discussions between the child, doctors, and parents.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:08 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
This story made me wonder why isn’t hormone therapy etc. used to correct the brain/body to match the genitals?

Instead of mutilating the body, and adding hormones that increase the “problem”, why not try to bring the “mind” back in synch with the body they were born with?

Nothing is mutilated. Also, the brain can't be rewired. Also, also, trans men (biological sex:female) have male brain structures, and trans women (biological sex: male) have female brain structures.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:09 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
DeSantist made it into a war zone. The politicians are causing the rest to mobilize. He is attacking freedoms and going to the lowest denomination- small kids. Somehow he thinks he can start the robot thinking from kinder by oppression of free speech. Demonizing the whole concept as if people can recruit kids to be trans. Many of the loudest voices are the ones in the closet.
HaHaHaHaHa!

I'm loudly opposed to police brutality. Therefore I'm a closet brutal police officer.

I'm loudly opposed to lack of resources for the mentally ill who are homeless. Yep, secretly I'm a crazy homeless person.

And I've become fairly vocal lately about the push to accept TGism as normal, including treatment to kids as young as 13 without parental notification, including teaching about TGism to 5 year olds, and the apparent requirement by networks to feature a TG in much/most of their programming, and Disney's new goal to have at least HALF of their characters be LGBTQXYZ.....so CLEARLY I am a closet TG pansexual, despite living 6 decades as a girly-girl heterosexual.

OK then.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:14 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
For the record it doesn't get sliced off. It gets inverted. After all the parts down there are all largely the same thing. Just triggered differently in development.

Technically every male is transgender as all fetuses start off female. Around 2nd month androgens start to develop the genital tubercle into a penis rather than clitoris. Neurovascular anatomy of both is similar and why we are able to surgically change them and have functionality. Every man has a genetically pre-determined breast size as well if exposed to HRT.
Tell them the part of how the post surgery the man has to keep inserting things into the hole so it won’t close up like skin does tend to do. Or how if you put your boy on puberty blockers to keep him from developing as a male it only makes the gender reassignment surgery more difficult and causes more problems.

It’s so difficult I wish they’d do away with the surgery altogether and just dress as the opposite sex. I’ve never been through these things but I seriously worry about the longterm effects on people.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:18 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
HaHaHaHaHa!

I'm loudly opposed to police brutality. Therefore I'm a closet brutal police officer.

I'm loudly opposed to lack of resources for the mentally ill who are homeless. Yep, secretly I'm a crazy homeless person.

And I've become fairly vocal lately about the push to accept TGism as normal, including treatment to kids as young as 13 without parental notification, including teaching about TGism to 5 year olds, and the apparent requirement by networks to feature a TG in much/most of their programming, and Disney's new goal to have at least HALF of their characters be LGBTQXYZ.....so CLEARLY I am a closet TG pansexual, despite living 6 decades as a girly-girl heterosexual.

OK then.
I like the vegan reference.

Vegans are actually closet carnivores. They love to eat any type of animal meat, but display this behavior by becoming vegans.

Oh, they also LOVE leather shoes, handbags, and belts.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It just seems like some are really triggered by transgender people. Transgender people have absolutely no effect over my life. You cannot control what other people do with their own lives and bodies.
I don’t care if adults want to transform as long as they stay out of women’s spaces and sports. I have a real issue with it being pushed on children.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then why do they want to control what children are taught in school?

Why do they want to redefine biology?

Why do they want to redefine language?

Why do they want compelled speech?

Why do they want people fired who do not use pronouns the way they want?

Why is Palm Springs paying transgenders just because they are transgenders? Tax dollars.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...nder-residents

It affects you. You happen to agree with all of it. So you say it doesn't affect you.

Funny how a group that just wants to be treated normal wants to change society as a whole from children to education to biology to language to taxes.

But it doesn't affect you. Right.
I know, they always claim it’s all harmless and only effects some people, but then want to impose it on all of society. Ef them. This is the hill to die on in my opinion.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:23 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Tell them the part of how the post surgery the man has to keep inserting things into the hole so it won’t close up like skin does tend to do. Or how if you put your boy on puberty blockers to keep him from developing as a male it only makes the gender reassignment surgery more difficult and causes more problems.

It’s so difficult I wish they’d do away with the surgery altogether and just dress as the opposite sex. I’ve never been through these things but I seriously worry about the longterm effects on people.
Yes, dilation for 10 minutes is done for a year afterwards, declining in frequency over time from a few times a day initially to once a week at 9th month then most can discontinue at a year.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMkmbmoq28

Caitlyn Jenner leans to the right, so people on both sides can be transgender, and not just something democrats are pushing.
Caitlyn Jenner doesn’t want to impose himself on women’s spaces. He emphatically does not believe in males playing women’s sports. I can live with that.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Fad AND frightening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies