Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 01:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If it's easy now to say out loud that one is LGBTQ+, then why do so few Millennials, Gen Xs and Boomers admit this to pollsters compared with Gen Zs?
20%.

But they are 'born that way.' In one generation, rates skyrocketed.

Apparently something happened to the genes of an entire generation. Yet LGBTQ is suspiciously silent on this and has backed away from the "I was born this way' mantra.

Perhaps, maybe, because it's indoctrination.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:02 AM

13,424 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
If it's easy now to say out loud that one is LGBTQ+, then why do so few Millennials, Gen Xs and Boomers admit this to pollsters compared with Gen Zs?
I don’t know.

But if I were to speculate, I’d say that Gen Z are still more comfortable being open about it than preceding generations.

Because while something may appear trendy in the surface, to actually live it is something else entirely.

Or maybe there really is something in the water. I dunno.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:07 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Or maybe there really is something in the water. I dunno.
There's something in the culture. And Gen Zs are the first to grow up immersed in it.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:12 AM

Quote:
There's something in the culture. And Gen Zs are the first to grow up immersed in it.
So you’re saying they’re faking it, or have been turned gay or trans by the culture? That poll is of adults over 18.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:20 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Can't imagine anyone in their right mind "wanting" to be gay or transgendered. It's a very difficult life. Who would willingly expose themselves to the ostracism and discrimination, not to mention finding their place in the world?

If some are making the decision to "be" gay or transgendered in spite of their natural inclinations, that truly is mental illness.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:57 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I think transgender has always been a very small part of humanity.

Some of it is due to bad genes; a normal female has one X and one Y gene, a normal male has two Xs. There are some men who have XXY genes, and some women who have XXY genes. Both are random genetic mutations, like being born with an extra finger or an extra nipple.

There are other transgenders who have normal genetics but have messed up neural paths in their brains. (apparently. This is still being studied.)

These people have always been among us, and they are a tiny part of the population.Folks who knew them have always thought they were odd and different, but they never knew why until medical science began to study the condition.

It's not a fad. It's a physical or mental mis-alignment. Or both. The only reason we all know about transgenders is because the studies are all recent, and were some big medical discoveries.

There's no reason to fear it's going to be a fad either. This is something they're born with and will die with. Doctors have found ways to relieve these people's lifelong anguish, feeling they are trapped in the wrong body, and that's big medical news too.

Transgenders are not cross-dressers. A cross-dresser can be normal genetically and heterosexual, and still like to dress up in a woman or man's clothing. A homosexual may feel more female than male, or vice versa, so dressing up in the right genders garb makes them more comfortable in their homosexuality.

Cross-dressing can be just a giggle at a party, something for a show-off. Put in a closet and saved for some extra spice in a marriage.
In our culture, where men are supposed to be manly, male cross-dressers get the most notice by far and the most hostility. Gay men have always been victimized and despised by other men.
But there are as many female cross-dressers as men. They don't get as much notice from men as from other women, and women show their hostility different from men. And because women are supposed to be more sexually pliable, female cross-dressers are a little more tolerated.

Cross-dressing can become a fad for sure. The Brits have loved it for a long time because they think it's humorous. It was a big fad here in the 1930s. Even bigger in Germany.

Japanese admire good cross-dressers. Some the males have made legendary geishas.

Transgenders aren't like that. They aren't role playing. Being trapped in the wrong body is an affliction that's incurable and can never be fully relieved.

Our social attitudes toward homosexuality have softened, beginning in the 1960s. We can all discuss it now without any fear of being busted by the cops if we do, so there's a lot more conversation now than in the past. Not everyone is equally comfortable with it though.

But that doesn't mean there are any more gays than there ever were. Or transgenders. The transgenders are a tiny part of the population.
How many famous transgenders do you know of? I'll bet most folks could count the number on one had and still have a finger or two to spare.

Old 04-05-2022, 02:33 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So you’re saying they’re faking it, or have been turned gay or trans by the culture?
Most are faking it. They hope telling people they're "non-binary", or whatever, will raise their status a little bit, get them some intersectional Pokemon points, like Elizabeth Warren claiming to have Native American blood. Most young women in this category have probably never even kissed a girl.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:18 AM

3,625 posts, read 3,412,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think transgender has always been a very small part of humanity.

Some of it is due to bad genes; a normal female has one X and one Y gene, a normal male has two Xs. There are some men who have XXY genes, and some women who have XXY genes. Both are random genetic mutations, like being born with an extra finger or an extra nipple.

There are other transgenders who have normal genetics but have messed up neural paths in their brains. (apparently. This is still being studied.)

These people have always been among us, and they are a tiny part of the population.Folks who knew them have always thought they were odd and different, but they never knew why until medical science began to study the condition.

It's not a fad. It's a physical or mental mis-alignment. Or both. The only reason we all know about transgenders is because the studies are all recent, and were some big medical discoveries.
It's always been with us--let's not forget Christine Jorgensen, one of the best-known American transsexuals, who started on the road to sex reassignment surgery (SRS) in 1952. "Oh, but it wasn't talked about in those days." Well, she was featured at the time in the New York Daily News, and went on to the lecture circuit, and published an autobiography in 1967. Prior to that, SRS was impossible--it doesn't mean it wasn't wanted.

It is important to remember that nobody is allowed to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or SRS by just being willing to pay whatever it costs whenever they feel like it. There is a series of protocols that must be followed by medical professionals before any such therapy or procedures take place. See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standa...forming_People

Quote:
The Standards of Care for the Health of Transsexual, Transgender, and Gender Nonconforming People are international clinical protocols outlining the recommended assessment and treatment for gender non-conforming individuals across the lifespan or transgender or transsexual people who wish to undergo social, hormonal or surgical transition to the other sex. Clinicians' decisions regarding patients' treatment are often influenced by this standard of care (SOC). They are most widespread SOC used by professionals working with transsexual, transgender, or gender variant people.
Notice how it refers to "clinical protocols" and "clinicians." The reason is scientific, of the kind that only clinicians can perform, and medical science is still trying to understand it. But transgenderism remains, and is simply more open now. One cannot decide to switch to becoming a girl or boy tomorrow--it takes time, many medical and psychiatric evaluations, protocols requiring a year of living as the other sex, and yet more medical and psychiatric evaluations along the way.

I know the above because I've known a few people who have transitioned. The first was a buddy of mine, a police officer, who surprised us all when he announced what he planned to do. It cost him dearly: a divorce, and the loss of his house in the divorce. Through him (her), I got to know a few others: a plumber, whose wife stood by him, and an insurance adjuster, whose wife also stood by him. None of them "just felt right" as a man, but they went through the above-mentioned protocols and achieved their goal. None were under 40; they were all well into adulthood, and they certainly didn't do what they did so they could prey on little girls in the ladies' room or win at women's sports. They went through all of the above simply to feel correct.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:52 AM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
having a middle school aged children, there are two types of transgendeism:

1. traditional transsexuals who are a very small percentage of the population and have always existed. have transitioned in adulthood. usually the males keep their genitals because they love both boobs and their junk.

2. all this non-binary, gender fluid nonsense propaganda pushed on social media and in schools which take children in puberty who are already confused and influence them that there are billions of genders, identities, fetishes and if you might be the slightest confused (being a kid and all) or like dressing a certain way or like a certain color, it means you get a special flag, are a member of the lgbt group, and need to take life changing, cancer causing hormones and ultimately alter your genitals through surgery (which can affect sensation - just like cancer, another inconvenient fact the propagandists ignore)

i am a live and let live type of person, but i feel bad for the kids being “supported” by their parents on the basis of being “tolerant” who are really screwing up their bodies for what most likely is just childhood confusion.

Old 04-05-2022, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
having a middle school aged children, there are two types of transgendeism:

1. traditional transsexuals who are a very small percentage of the population and have always existed. have transitioned in adulthood. usually the males keep their genitals because they love both boobs and their junk.

2. all this non-binary, gender fluid nonsense propaganda pushed on social media and in schools which take children in puberty who are already confused and influence them that there are billions of genders, identities, fetishes and if you might be the slightest confused (being a kid and all) or like dressing a certain way or like a certain color, it means you get a special flag, are a member of the lgbt group, and need to take life changing, cancer causing hormones and ultimately alter your genitals through surgery (which can affect sensation - just like cancer, another inconvenient fact the propagandists ignore)

i am a live and let live type of person, but i feel bad for the kids being “supported” by their parents on the basis of being “tolerant” who are really screwing up their bodies for what most likely is just childhood confusion.
Wow you really are dismissive of a very the intense process that families need to go through to reach some kind of resolution to how to deal with this when it’s actually your child.

Really easy to judge when you’ve never actually had to confront it for real.

The idea that parents, who certainly never had this on their radar when their kid was born - not in a million years did we think our kid was going struggle with just being the girl they were born as - are just playing at being supportive to rack up progressive brownie points is just nonsense.

Because most people don’t understand it, even in ultra liberal circles. I’ve had gay friends tell my kid to their face that they just don’t get it.

To see your child going through this, the uncertainty about whether you’re doing the right thing, whether your kid is damaged, if they can ever be safe in a world that really really hates people with gender identity issues and will seek to do them harm - it’s heartbreaking.

Do you really think parents make these decisions lightly or glibly, because it’s a trendy cool thing to do? That the kid puts up with bullying and ridicule for a flag?

Do you think parents don’t ask themselves if they’re doing the right thing by supporting it? That they don’t question whether it’s a phase, whether there’ll be regret, or what the eff lays in store? For your child, who you love more than anything in the world?

You don’t see the transformation in the kid when they finally feel comfortable and accepted in their own skin.

You read about it and assume. That’s very different to being in it for real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies