Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 05:52 AM

4,549 posts, read 2,272,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
My cousin's granddaughter, born 1998, from the day she could talk said she was a boy. Fought w/her parents from toddler age about wearing girls clothes.

That is sad

In cases like this, something went wrong in the womb. I do not believe for a minute that in this case, that it's just a fad. But I do believe that many cases today are fads. It's becoming cool to be LGBTQ and kids are trying it on like they used to try out goth makeup and clothes. The scary part is that education professionals are encouraging it in school. That is truly sick.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:06 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Basically, transgenderism is looked upon as a curse by most of society. No parent wishes their child to end up that way.

But if somebody happens to be transgendered, then you accept their unfortunate circumstances and don't discriminate against them. That's about the way most people see it.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They evidence indicates that it does indeed work that way. Gen Z is way more gay and transgendered than any generation before it.
Do you have any way of measuring how previous generations 'hid' whether or not they were gay or trans gender? No...so there is no evidence that can identify that there are more individuals who are gay or more transgender. What we do have is more people being able to ADMIT they are gay or transgfendered.

In the 70's Donahue, had a talk show and all of a sudden we were talking about real cases of child abuse, souse abuse. It seemed it was more prevalent -- it wasn't -- it was just that we were talking about it more.

That does not make it trendy or fashionable.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:20 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Do you have any way of measuring how previous generations 'hid' whether or not they were gay or trans gender? No...so there is no evidence that can identify that there are more individuals who are gay or more transgender. What we do have is more people being able to ADMIT they are gay or transgfendered.

In the 70's Donahue, had a talk show and all of a sudden we were talking about real cases of child abuse, souse abuse. It seemed it was more prevalent -- it wasn't -- it was just that we were talking about it more.

That does not make it trendy or fashionable.
When 20% of a generation claims that they are LGBTQ?

They've been indoctrinated. They think it's trendy. They think that they should be LGBTQ.

Something is going on and it's not "we feel free" or "genetics".

Old 04-05-2022, 06:22 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
It's a mental illness that is encouraged by people who are, more than likely, a member of the Democratic Party...

Frightening? Yes, and the Democrats encouraging it are more frightening!
Exactly. More PURPOSELY divisive, destabilizing NONSENSE from Democrats and those that run them.

Last edited by Pilot1; 04-05-2022 at 06:34 AM..

Old 04-05-2022, 06:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
A masculine woman is not the same as a woman who believes she is actually a man; nor does a man who is more feminine equate to a man who thinks he is a woman. Bruce Jenner, for example, was not effeminate.
Jenner claims he identified as female since age 8-9 when he used to secretly wear his mother’s dresses.

He married three times and biologically fathered 6 children. As I understand it, gender identity and sexual orientation are not the same thing.

His cosmetic transition is in business. It does not change his DNA.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:25 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because we talk about these issues more doesn't make them fashionable or trendy. It means a realization they exist and that there should be open and real dialogue about it.
But the thing is no parent has "the trannie talk" with their kid as if it's a normal thing for a man to physically change into a woman or a woman into a man.

This is viewed as quite abnormal by society.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
When 20% of a generation claims that they are LGBTQ?

They've been indoctrinated. They think it's trendy. They think that they should be LGBTQ.

Something is going on and it's not "we feel free" or "genetics".
I have no data on how many of those people will 'change' their minds so I can't debate your feelings about the survey.

I do believe that as we become more open about trans gender issues we will see an increase in those admitting they are trans gender. Similar to how many who were gay felt more likely to 'admit' as we became more tolerant of them being gay.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:31 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My opinion is a transgender person will most likely have no impact on me or the way I live my life. Frightening? Um, no.
Your response? You nailed it!

Old 04-05-2022, 06:31 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
It’s been happening in prisons for a long time so we need to ask ourselves, why is it now happening in free society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies