Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 05:57 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,601,255 times

Advertisements

There are also many positives that will come from this. At least there will be less unwanted children who will be created by this. I mean it is getting harder and harder for people to make it financially in this country, you add a kid that was unplanned to the mix and things can get way worse. Not everybody wants to have a partner or "fall in love" like we have been convinced our whole lives that is what we are supposed to do. Let's face it, many people prefer the peace and solitude of not being in a relationship. Some are going the friends with benefit route, because being in a relationship will do nothing but tie them down!!

Old 05-03-2022, 06:31 AM

13,692 posts, read 4,979,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I can't believe the tongue wagging and finger pointing going on in here. You men & women want to find a life mate ? It's easy. First everybody PUT DOWN THE PHONES first. Then the next time you see someone you're attracted to, do the dance and take a chance ! Put on your best smile, walk up to that person and say "HELLO!" and start a conversation. Just SAY SOMETHING! Doesn't matter much what. You never know who you're gonna meet.

It ain't rocket surgery.
Good advice. Except about the phone. One of my sons met his wife using a dating app. But yeah, after the phone introduces you, you have to actually be willing to have a conversation.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:37 AM

13,692 posts, read 4,979,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingDriver View Post
. I just cannot love old and saggy women and young women cannot like me because I'm old and saggy..
News flash: that young beauty you fall in love with will become old and saggy some day. If your idea of a relationship is based on looks you are doomed anyway.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:42 AM

36,711 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Everything is fine mostly in my little bubble, but I do have 2 nephews, 1 40 and 1 20 and I don't see them ever finding a mate. They stayed isolated growing up, never joined anything, never dated, played computer games. The 40 year old still hasn't launched, stays home with his parents. When my grown kids took him to a beach he was so awkward approaching women and staring at them that they had to whisk him out of there before he was arrested.

I will suggest this, join something or do something where you meet men and women. Whether it's work, church, a sport or volunteering. That's how most couples connect once they're out of school besides some of the good dating apps.
There will always be that small minority of people who are so awkward or whatever they wont get a date but those are a small minority. I have one niece and one nephew (who sounds a lot like yours) who dont date. They are 30ish. But they really dont seem interested in dating. They are perfectly happy living their lives and being free to just go hang out with friends.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Women wanted independence , now they got it.
Men are paranoid of being ripped off, so they avoid the con game altogether.
It doesn’t get any simpler than that.
And that independence granted women the ability to be competitive and financially independent. So your idea that women need a man's money is debunked. In reality women are now financial contributors in a relationship.

This tread is about men complaining they are lonely and sexless, not women. It is women who are avoiding the con game. They dont need a mans money, or protection or name so they are free to want a man, love a man, for the content of his character.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Women in high demand aren’t giving it away for free, low demand women are. (Obese, overweight, ugly, smokers etc.)

I know that everyone thinks all women have equal demand in the dating market, but it’s not true. Just because you have a vagina, doesn’t mean you look like Kate Upton or Scarlett Johansson.
And there is the thing. These are "low demand" men (obese, ugly, smokers, misogynists) who think because they have a penis they deserve a Kate Upton or Scarlett Johansson. "high demand" women are pairing with "high demand" men and "low demand" women are pairing with "low demand"
men. Water seeks its own level

Old 05-03-2022, 07:27 AM

19,735 posts, read 12,308,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And there is the thing. These are "low demand" men (obese, ugly, smokers, misogynists) who think because they have a penis they deserve a Kate Upton or Scarlett Johansson. "high demand" women are pairing with "high demand" men and "low demand" women are pairing with "low demand"
men. Water seeks its own level
That is mostly what you see but it seems there are increasing numbers of men and women who think so much of themselves anything other than "top tier" isn't an option for them. These aren't people you would want anyway. Let them stay single and delusional. It isn't even something new, my mom had a friend like that, no man was good enough for her, but she really wasn't anything special. So she stayed a single woman for life. There have always been this type. One thing about them is they aren't really happy because they are never satisfied. Even if they find someone they feel like they are settling.

We should certainly encourage our young people to be more humble and realistic.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is mostly what you see but it seems there are increasing numbers of men and women who think so much of themselves anything other than "top tier" isn't an option for them. These aren't people you would want anyway. Let them stay single and delusional. It isn't even something new, my mom had a friend like that, no man was good enough for her, but she really wasn't anything special. So she stayed a single woman for life. There have always been this type. One thing about them is they aren't really happy because they are never satisfied. Even if they find someone they feel like they are settling.

We should certainly encourage our young people to be more humble and realistic.
Exactly. And we have those people complaining that they are perpetually lonely and sexless and that it is all anyone's fault but their own. And on top of that the government should do something about it.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:49 AM

8,006 posts, read 3,532,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I don't know. Pure sadism maybe. Or perhaps the feeling of superiority that comes from belittling others.
Posturing. Gotta present one's self as a "have" lest you get labeled a "have not" and the best defense is a good offense. In a way he's confirming what his hostility and mockery is seemingly meant to deny.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:51 AM

811 posts, read 552,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Women in high demand aren’t giving it away for free, low demand women are. (Obese, overweight, ugly, smokers etc.)

I know that everyone thinks all women have equal demand in the dating market, but it’s not true. Just because you have a vagina, doesn’t mean you look like Kate Upton or Scarlett Johansson.

And the men that are quality aren’t obese, overweight, ugly, or smokers either.

Once society realizes that BOTH men and women have their own crosses to bear when it comes to dating people will be better off.

And Scarlett Johansson I can promise has had casual s3x that we don’t know about. The men she did with Im almost positive aren’t obese and ugly either.

Quality finds quality. If as a man you can’t get a relationship either you are either in the wrong or the wrong location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies