Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 04:03 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No it is not complicated and I would think it would be obvious to people. One of the things many of us learn as small children is "do unto others as you would have others do unto you". I think this applies to relationships.
To all relationships. But common sense really isn't so common. How can you connect with a stranger if you see strangers as a threat? When I met my wife on the subway we weren't afraid of each other, we could sense we were normal people looking to connect with a stranger. My wife's sister was there and was shocked that she gave me her phone number. When they got off the train she said "he could be a serial killer". My wife said "It's no different than meeting someone in a club except there's no liquor". I took a chance in asking for her number and she took a chance giving it. But we both saw each other as a potential relationship, not a potential threat.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:30 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
There was a lot of good advice in the video. Basically he is saying to be attractive to most women you need to be confident, and keep them amused and interested and sexually satisfied. That's probably true of what most men want in a woman too.

Of course guys want sex, but once they are satisfied sexually by him, so do most women. But both have to bring more than sex to a relationship. They need to be on the same page about lifestyle, be affectionate, be honest, treat each other as equals. Not so complicated, really.
It is complicated when you never developed personality, game, people skills, or the ability to create good banter, sexual tension, emotionally stimulating comebacks in conversation, as opposed to being able to talk seriously all the time. This is the root cause of most men's problems is not having a good foundation of basic people skills installed by good friendships during adolescence, along with being needy. They also don't have what red pillers call "abundance mentality," which is something that can be biohacked and developed independent of the people skills aspect and playful banter and overall confidence in oneself.

There are a lot of roadblocks the limbic system throws up along the way that make the process quite uncomfortable. Lucky are the boys who developed this thanks to strong friendships and good father figures in youth...they have it comparatively easy. Those personal self help books by authors like Joe Dispensia and videos like "the secret" have the right idea...fake it until you make it through biohacking the limbic system. It takes time and repetition, and theres a delayed emotional payoff, which means it takes time for the limbic system to consistently put out the feel-good chemicals to make the process self sustaining. Many people never reach this point.

It's hard to be playful when you don't feel it, when you don't have those social bonding emotions and chemicals circulating but rather stress response chemicals and emotions like cortisol, anger, bitterness. They tend to create a self sustaining cycle of avoidance if action isn't taken to change them. I've read numerous books to reach where I'm at now and still growing. I consider myself to be in the slow line, but I'm trying to undo years and decades of habits engrained into my brain. The brain likes homeostatis.

Basically you need to treat your limbic system like a child and be your own parent as a man.

Last edited by sholomar; 05-03-2022 at 04:40 PM..

Old 05-03-2022, 04:57 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
How does legalizing or decriminalizing prostitution destroy more women or take rights away from women? I think sex work should be decriminalized on both ends. The buyer and the seller of the service.

China has a different problem. They have a more distorted sex ratio than the U.S. amongst the younger population.
I think many lonely, sex-starved guys would be much less depressed if they could easily and legally access affordable, clean, and decent quality prostitutes. Let's adopt the German model. Legalizing prostitution wouldn't cost governments or society anything, it would make the industry much safer, less sketchy, less shady, and less risky for everyone involved. But of course, prostitution will never be legalized in America- the liberal feminist victim-worshippers and the conservative white-knight puritans are both vehemently against legalizing prostitution. It would be political suicide for them to even propose such a thing. No, legal prostitution is not the solution, but it would make things overall better.

Honest, face-to-face prostitution will stay permanently and strictly legal, but of course OnlyScams will always be perfectly acceptable (which is really nothing more than an incredibly cynical, fraudulent, and dishonest form of prostitution).

Last edited by Taggerung; 05-03-2022 at 05:13 PM..

Old 05-03-2022, 05:09 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
good grief....take a look at the ”men”....if we're talking about the ones that make themselves look like some dolled up etch-a-sketch

Old 05-03-2022, 05:18 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,475 times
One thing I've somewhat noticed is that a lot of mutual attraction is based on socio-economic status. A lot of women who have more service oriented jobs will be paired up with blue collar, rougher looking-type men. Kind of how a hairstylist might date a construction worker. A professional career oriented women will more than likely be paired up with a dude who has a steady white collar job.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Sorry about you being widowed. But reading me as a "creeper" tell me you are pretty angry down inside. Your other posts responding to others sounds like there is a lot of hostility towards men, whether you recognize it or not. Which doesn't seem uncommon in younger women now, unfortunately. Most men are creeps, right?
Not angry. Not hostile to men. Probably a tad hostile to some on this thread because of what they have said. See, I view men as individuals, not a group hive mind.

BTW thank you for your condolences, that was very nice of you.

Here's the thing, until these guys realize it is them, not society, their situation will not change.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-03-2022, 05:20 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,226,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I think many lonely, sex-starved guys would be much less depressed if they could easily and legally access affordable, clean, and decent quality prostitutes. Let's adopt the German model. Legalizing prostitution wouldn't cost governments or society anything, it would make the industry much safer, less sketchy, less shady, and less risky for everyone involved. But of course, prostitution will never be legalized in America- the liberal feminist victim-worshippers and the conservative white-knight puritans are both vehemently against legalizing prostitution. It would be political suicide for them to even propose such a thing. No, legal prostitution is not the solution, but it would make things overall better.

Honest, face-to-face prostitution will stay permanently and strictly legal, but of course OnlyScams will always be perfectly acceptable (which is really nothing more than an incredibly cynical, fraudulent, and dishonest form of prostitution).
There is a reason this is the world's oldest profession.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:23 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
There is a reason this is the world's oldest profession.
It can't be the oldest profession, because then how did the first guy pay for a hooker if he didn't have a job?

Old 05-03-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Without knowing you I can PROMISE you that you know more women/girls who have been victims of sexual assault than men who have been taken to court after one night stands.

Please do tell. How many men in your family or friends are in court from this? If you can’t name me 5 men in your personal network who have gone through this your point falls through. You can name more people who have had cancer or been in car accidents am I wrong?

Let’s play the “would you rather” game for 1-night stands. Would you rather be the man risking getting taken to court (which rarely happens because it costs a lot of money) or be the woman who is risking getting killed, trafficked, beaten, pregnant?
Are we talking about sexual assault or rape? I'm betting with what is considered sexual assault, men and boys are likely on even footing it's just that men and boys are laughed at because sexual assault against them is a joke, or they really like it. That's the excuse anyway.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
It can't be the oldest profession, because then how did the first guy pay for a hooker if he didn't have a job?
Traded food or water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies