Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 01:10 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,978,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
There was a lot of good advice in the video. Basically he is saying to be attractive to most women you need to be confident, and keep them amused and interested and sexually satisfied. That's probably true of what most men want in a woman too.

Of course guys want sex, but once they are satisfied sexually by him, so do most women. But both have to bring more than sex to a relationship. They need to be on the same page about lifestyle, be affectionate, be honest, treat each other as equals. Not so complicated, really.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:29 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,771,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
This post deserves recognition.... lol.
And i give you recognition as well for that. His post was spot on.

What i fear has happened is that social media has made it seem that if you are not top ten percent of men in height, income, property, toys, muscles and prowess you don't matter.

Social darwinism on steroids. Ha. I'm old enough to remember when the women wanted to be the pretty one. Now a days the ladies want their man to be better looking than they are. And it's NOT a left or right thing.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:45 PM

8,303 posts, read 3,537,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I think that says it all. Some women are OK with being talked to by a stranger, they are friendly and approachable. They attract conversation. They attract people of both sexes and all ages.
I have had people come up to me and attack me on multiple occasions. I have severe PTSD. I will never be able to be okay with someone coming up to me again. When someone approaches me I immediately go on guard. I don't even do it consciously. It's automatic. A lot of people who are not okay with that are victims of violence.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:53 PM

4,257 posts, read 2,485,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post

What i fear has happened is that social media has made it seem that if you are not top ten percent of men in height, income, property, toys, muscles and prowess you don't matter.

Social darwinism on steroids. Ha. I'm old enough to remember when the women wanted to be the pretty one. Now a days the ladies want their man to be better looking than they are. And it's NOT a left or right thing.
I actually take issue with the idea that women only want the "best" men. How many bums and deadbeats do we see "graced" with female sex, affection, and companionship? How many fit, dutiful, and intelligent men so we see left by the wayside? How many times have we heard women expressing regret over the quality of men they've had sex with?

Old 05-03-2022, 02:17 PM

36,699 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
There was a lot of good advice in the video. Basically he is saying to be attractive to most women you need to be confident, and keep them amused and interested and sexually satisfied. That's probably true of what most men want in a woman too.

Of course guys want sex, but once they are satisfied sexually by him, so do most women. But both have to bring more than sex to a relationship. They need to be on the same page about lifestyle, be affectionate, be honest, treat each other as equals. Not so complicated, really.
No it is not complicated and I would think it would be obvious to people. One of the things many of us learn as small children is "do unto others as you would have others do unto you". I think this applies to relationships.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:25 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,415,589 times
Quote:

I certainly don't want that. While I want to be at least attracted to the guy, I wouldn't want him to be prettier than me...lol..that's just weird.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:36 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,225,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have always heard that men are "visual" so that would make a lot of sense.
Lol women are visual too. I mean look at Jeremy Meeks and the woman fawning over him. Must be his personality

Last edited by ecko_complex24; 05-03-2022 at 02:46 PM..

Old 05-03-2022, 02:40 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,225,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, if a woman ever starts one of these threads, I will be here. In the meantime.... we have the OP.
Oh cool, you will be here. Very vague response. No response to actual data from dating websites.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:43 PM

2,042 posts, read 885,818 times
Quote:

I'm an old curmudgeon. After reading all this crazy crap me thinks I'd skip all these wacked out American women and go get a mail order bride! Where did all this baggage come from with these youngsters.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:46 PM

9,902 posts, read 7,796,891 times
Just another thought for those looking to connect in real life. Go to your class reunion. I cannot even count the number of people in mine who went through divorces and then reconnected with a former classmate and married. Me included. I don't care what stats may say, sometimes the second go round is much better than the first, especially if you knew them growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies