Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 11:32 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,515,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
There' your problem! You are hanging out in gay clubs!
These are almost entirely heterosexual men.

Last edited by Taggerung; 05-03-2022 at 11:45 AM..

Old 05-03-2022, 11:42 AM

6,036 posts, read 2,275,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
"[b]They share the same guys. A 6ft 5 in tall man with a six pack a good hairline a fancy car and a six-figure job and a master's degree
You found my profile

Old 05-03-2022, 11:47 AM

36,806 posts, read 31,094,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Interesting how, when men rate women, the result is an almost perfect bell-curve, and when women rate men, the result is an almost perfect downward-slope. I remember reading a study somewhere showing that heterosexual men are actually more likely to describe other men as 'handsome' than heterosexual women are lol. My own experiences corroborate this- whenever I go out, the positive attention I get is usually from other males, pretty rarely from females.
I have always heard that men are "visual" so that would make a lot of sense.

Old 05-03-2022, 11:58 AM

48,635 posts, read 35,104,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You've been watching too much Hollywood. Probably like those women.

As someone said about all the women beating up men in movies, "Angelina Jolie couldn't even beat up other women!"

Sounds like you are one of those angry bitter ones, especially since you are defending rude, obnoxious people.

Got all that from my post huh? Apparently you are not good at reading people. Most of those comments came from my husband who I read your post to. He said you sound like someone that hasn't ever been hit in the nose. And he knows I've been trained to fight, so yeah.....

I'm neither angry, nor bitter. Never had troubles dating, happily married (dated after being widowed) You just sound like a creeper to me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-03-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have always heard that men are "visual" so that would make a lot of sense.
Or maybe men just have sharper aesthetic judgement....

Old 05-03-2022, 12:14 PM

15,120 posts, read 8,699,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Fellow Red pill guy i see. Howdy.
LOL. Brother, I’ve been gobbling down those red pills like jelly beans for years. And I must confess that in my younger days, I was far more successful with women than I feel comfortable admitting, and the numbers would blow the minds of guys today. Ah, the good old days. The advantage I have from my age is that I see the difference today. While girls have always been girls, and guys have always been mostly thinking of girls, about every 30 seconds, LOL, there are big differences today in how we interact. And the changes have not been very good.

Back in the day, the girls were just as free spirited, but they conducted themselves very differently, and actually did have certain moral standards that seem to have become lost with today’s females. For example, you might get some action in the backseat of your car with some chick in your circle of friends and acquaintances, but you had better not let that secret out, or you’d never be spoken to again. She wouldn’t even tell her friends about it, because there was an image of respectability to maintain, even if she decided to break the rules now and then. And most of the decent girls would never screw around with a married guy, or someone they knew had a steady girlfriend. It was just not acceptable behavior, not that it didn’t happen sometimes, but it was an exception rather than the rule. There were standards and certain boundaries then that do not seem to apply anymore.

I remember one personal experience that I had in my early 30’s. There was this chick, about 25 … a very tall, very good looking Turkish babe who was a freaking lioness … I mean I was physically injured after every encounter with this girl …. and it was her proposition that my buddies were all jealous about … she didn’t want to be in a committed relationship, as she found it to require too much time and maintenance, but she didn’t want to sleep around with a bunch of different guys either, so her proposition was that her and I could get together 2-3 times a week, and I was free to do as I pleased without questions on the other days. My buddies were like … dude .. you are so freaking lucky, what the hell? The point here is that it was her moral standards of not racking up dozens of different sex partners, while satisfying her healthy appetite for intimacy that led to this fortuitous arrangement I enjoyed. As a funny side note, it turned out to be a mostly monogamous relationship due to the recuperation time needed between visits LOL. Sorry if that’s TMI.

By contrast, many of these young women today have seen more penises close up than a urinal at a busy Airport restroom, and can no longer distinguish between sex and authentic affection, nor do they probably even care about such trivialities. And that’s before they get to the age of 25. So, the prospects of building an emotional connection with them later in life has already suffered damage, because they have already lived the life of a prostitute for a few years, without earning a dollar. And there are psychological repercussions, even if subconscious in nature.

I read an interesting piece a few years back analyzing this …. while by the 1970’s and 1980’s the idea of marrying a virgin had all but become extinct, that the vast majority of young woman had had an average of 3 sex partners by the time they got married. 3! But by 2010, that number had skyrocketed to double digits. Some of the psychologists theorized that this experience of variety early on is in part responsible for the steadily increasing divorce rates, because it created a subconscious desire for continued variety which doesn’t bode well for monogamy. And eventually that ingrained desire for variety will at some point re-emerge. And while this desire may be repressed, eventually, when the inevitable bumps in the road occur, which happens in every relationship, that’s when those desires tend to be acted on. The numbers of married women who secretly admit to having extramarital affairs are astounding …. and that doesn’t account for those who probably were not comfortable being honest with psychologists, even in secret. Depending on the polls, the rage is between 50% and 60%. What that sadly means is that the odds of your wife sleeping with another man is just as likely as not, and if that little voice in your head is warning you, or there are strange anomalies which cause concern, it might be time to look deeper and lawyer up. Because if you get the feeling that something isn’t right, chances are good that it isn’t your imagination working overtime.

Another surprising thing was that men remain more emotionally connected for far longer than women do once a separation takes place, meaning guys suffer more emotionally than do their former partners. I know that’s true also, not just from personal experience, but observation also. Guys will pine over an old girlfriend or ex wife for years … while he can quickly become nothing more than an a faded memory in as little as 90 days, or less.

The moral to the story here is, if you analyze all of this dispassionately, loneliness may not be the worst scenario to deal with.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:16 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,420,343 times
It's all a matter of choice, of how you want to live your life, and creating it to be what you want. If you want to go with the flow of the masses, you know the consequences.

You are the architect of your own life. That's how you change the status quo, by changing yourself in plain sight.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The best women are met in real life and literally asked a random on the street, and that's how I met my woman. I was working in NYC and approached a random girl on the street, at 8:30am on my walk to work after checking out her butt for an entire block. After a breakup and searching for a rebound, I was just in the mood to find a hot girl, walked up to a random girl on the street and said you look familiar, did you go to my college (i graduated from 10+ years ago) and got her number. We talked for a few weeks, went on a date and the rest is history.
God help any man who tries this in 2022.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:19 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,351,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I believe you have expressed something very illuminating here, and I suspect that many women share this perception, as my previous post hinted at, with regard to their perceptions of the dwindling supply of men who qualify and deemed worthy of their company and affection. No doubt there is a large contingent of females today who see a substantial majority of males in this same rather unflattering way that you apparently do. Just a bunch of losers, yep, that’s what they are, all of them failing to become the successful, wealthy Millionaires they could have easily become, if not for their own inherent laziness, lack of drive and intelligence.

But there are a few pretty significant oversights in such harsh assessment of the men in this world that I might draw to your attention, starting with the fallacious notion that attaining great wealth is as simple as getting off one’s lazy ass and grabbing the bull by the horns.

The reality is, there are critical needs modern society absolutely requires to function well, just from a practical standpoint, which benefits every single one of us, from the most wealthy to the most poor, men and women alike. A lot of this goes totally unrecognized and unappreciated until it isn’t there. From the guys who work hard every single day, removing your trash and hauling it away for processing, to the guy who repairs your refrigerator or unstops your clogged toilet, to the truckers that drive all night long to make sure you have something on your grocery store shelves to take home for supper, not to mention the farmer who works from sunrise to sunset to grow that food for you. Not many of these guys will ever be confused with the stereotypical GQ guy with the hefty portfolio so many women believe their precious little prize is worth.

And let’s not forget about the guys at the local firehouse who stand ready to rush in and risk their own lives to rescue you, should tragedy strike, to the mechanics that repair your broken down car, to the guys that coach little league, to the guys sweating in the summer heat over the hot asphalt making sure there are roads for you to drive on …. the list of things most people take for granted every single day is almost endless. And most of those critical contributions are ever recognized, and will NEVER be rewarded with Millions in financial compensation. These guys don’t arrive wearing navy blue suits, crisp white shirts, and a silk ties, driving a 911 Porsches with the tops down.

Honestly, each one of these guys, at the end of the day, are just human beings like everyone else, that need and deserve love and affection just as much as anyone else, while a tiny bit of recognition and appreciation wouldn’t hurt either, though hardly expected. But in spite of their contributions, there is this growing number of people like you who not only believe they don’t deserve any of that, but actually consider them total losers?

Then, there are the reasonably successful guys out there mated with partners who may subconsciously share similar sentiments, who will eventually encounter what they deem to be that “better deal” they deserve, and that fellow who erroneously thought he was a winner, instantly becomes the big loser he always was from the beginning. Yep, those guys who thought they were the “one and only” often find out they are just “one of many”.

Of course this reality has always been present in some limited degree, and to be fair, both men and women have equally experienced becoming disposable. But today’s society has helped create growing numbers of women out there who can be accurately referred to as eternal “monkey branchers” who are always on the lookout for, and will eventually find that better deal they have been convinced they deserve. And all it takes these days, is one passing glance from a perfect stranger to send another guy to the loser’s corner.

Should it be any big surprise then, that more and more men are deciding to turn their backs to all of this, if not also offering the one finger salute, in place of a wave goodbye?
There's no guarantees in life because the cultural restrictions we had in place to encourage monogamy no longer exist. Branch swinging is the equivalent of wanting to sample from the buffet and humans are genetically wired to want novelty and new experiences and this includes new people. Without cultural restraints in place to prevent this it's natural for people to want to experiment and see various people especially in their twenties and for women to want to trade up when something better comes along that gives them greater releases of oxytocin, dopamine, beta endorphin, and serotonin.

The best a man can do these days is to NOT be a doormat....do not pay off a woman's $30,000 student loan...that is a rediculous thing to do...you can't buy true affection and can't negotiate attraction, and don't get too attached to any one woman...always have options and be willing to walk away if she loses attraction, because it can and does happen. Aside from that men just need some tutoring on what turns women on if they want one badly enough. It takes lots of emotional hard labor to undo years of bad habits like smoking pot and video games, or lacking confidence and being needy with women or trying to buy their affection....growth is NOT easy but the men who grow put themselves automatically in higher tier category. Here's some basic red pill 101 material I've posted before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoRlb6xcymA

Here's another interesting article I've stumbled across... Love is both a wonderful and dangerous evolutionary trick

https://aeon.co/essays/love-is-both-...utionary-trick

"Love is ultimately about control. It’s about using chemical bribery to make sure we stick around, cooperate and invest in each other, and particularly in the survival-critical relationships we have with our lovers, children and close friends. This is an evolutionary control of which we are hardly aware, and it brings many positive benefits."

Last edited by sholomar; 05-03-2022 at 01:26 PM..

Old 05-03-2022, 12:31 PM

36,806 posts, read 31,094,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Or maybe men just have sharper aesthetic judgement....
wouldnt that be subjective. So there is no better or sharper judgement.

Should I assume then that "men are visual" is the BS I always thought it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies