Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2022, 12:43 AM

3 posts, read 641 times

Advertisements

As a late 20s guy who has always been single im more pissed off about the way lgbtq-drag **** seems to be the next normal

Old 06-04-2022, 01:08 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,598,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, and such guys can't even get a dance when they ask a girl for one at a night club. But the same girl screams like silly with a YES! when a hot looking guy asks her.
Well nobody is entitled to a dance at all. Plus most dudes would be more excited the more attractive the woman who wants to dance with him is. C'mon man you should know this!!

Old 06-04-2022, 01:54 AM

15,947 posts, read 12,302,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The "self improvement" treadmill drives many men mad. I've seen it myself. Guys relentlessly "self improving" and still not being able to get so much as a date.

LOL
They're too stuck in theory and not enough practice. That and their personalities suck. They always think they need to buy a woman's affection or work on their looks but the real emotional labor comes from stepping outside ones comfort zone socially and teaching oneself how to be playful and emotionally stimulating. Congrats 100 pages!

Old 06-04-2022, 02:57 AM

1,655 posts, read 776,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
They're too stuck in theory and not enough practice. That and their personalities suck. They always think they need to buy a woman's affection or work on their looks but the real emotional labor comes from stepping outside ones comfort zone socially and teaching oneself how to be playful and emotionally stimulating. Congrats 100 pages!
I don’t get why men who show vulnerability by saying they haven’t had success in dating are sorta automatically attacked as not having enough skill, sucky personalities, not stimulating, etc. I mean sure that could actually be the case for some men, but I think nowadays via the web we can see a lot of seemingly normal men reporting the same phenomenon. Perhaps there have been more broad shifts in what people look for and want in modern society.

Old 06-05-2022, 09:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No fault divorce exists in all 50 states. Seventeen of the 50 states are no fault only meaning they do not allow divorce to be based on fault. Estimates are that only between 2 and 10% of all divorces ever go to trial.
Oh by all means go ahead and tell the story that happened to someone else and not to you.

Old 06-05-2022, 09:41 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,462,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Congrats 100 pages!
Thanks!

This is by far the most popular thread I've ever started.

Old 06-05-2022, 09:47 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,966,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Oh by all means go ahead and tell the story that happened to someone else and not to you.
I will speak up. I had a no fault divorce 45 years ago. I took child support but no alimony.

How about you?

Old 06-05-2022, 10:52 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I will speak up. I had a no fault divorce 45 years ago. I took child support but no alimony.

How about you?
That's very nice but for my own part I'm not going to gush about my personal experiences. I know what I know and any man out there who goes into marriage thinking that in the event of a divorce it will end up no-fault with an equal asset split is a naive idiot.

Marriage is legally speaking a huge trap and I understand why many with one strike against them decide "Never again". Your only protection is the decency of your spouse ... and this works both ways. So before you say "I do" you've gotta ask yourself ... How low could this person go? Is there a bottom? Most people are too starry-eyed at this point to really drill down on that question.

Old 06-05-2022, 10:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,232,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
That's very nice but for my own part I'm not going to gush about my personal experiences. I know what I know and any man out there who goes into marriage thinking that in the event of a divorce it will end up no-fault with an equal asset split is a naive idiot.

Marriage is legally speaking a huge trap and I understand why many with one strike against them decide "Never again". Your only protection is the decency of your spouse ... and this works both ways. So before you say "I do" you've gotta ask yourself ... How low could this person go? Is there a bottom? Most people are too starry-eyed at this point to really drill down on that question.
With divorce numbers the way they are, anyone that has assets and a well paying job that doesn’t get a prenup is asking to give them up and a lot of money away unless their soon to be spouse comes in with assets and a similar paying job, but even that is risky…and after reading many of these posts I’m extremely thankful to have the wife I have. Yikes

Old 06-05-2022, 10:56 PM

32,094 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except the kids didn't do anything to deserve having parents who didn't marry.
Marriage is just a piece of paper. Why would kids care about their parents being married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies