Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 07:34 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Imagine if we had countrywide adoption centers aggressively pursuing those unwanted kids.

Tears would fall from heaven.
The red states who pass severe abortion restrictions or bans may end up having to open orphanages and adoption centers to handle all the additional kids. Maybe also bring back homes for unwed mothers to ensure they get proper prenatal care. The current foster care system most likely will not be able to handle more kids.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:38 PM

1,094 posts, read 884,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man
Same-sex marriage has only been legal for a short time. My reading of the Bible tells me that homosexuality has existed for a much, much longer time. The one is not dependent on the other. In any case, the Supreme Court is not banning anything if they overturn Roe v. Wade. And if they were to overturn Obergefell v. Hodges, they wouldn't be banning gay marriage either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
did anyone put a gun to your head and force you or yours to have an abortion for 49 yrs? Dont think so but now thanks to those bully judges, they are putting a gun to the heads of women forcing them not to have an abortion unless they are upper middle class and have money! just a new form of slavery by the south.

they dont care. never have. its all about power over women and making sure they know their place and are second class citizens.
What none of you realize is that Roe v. Wade and Obergefell v. Hodges were not decided by what the Constitution says. They were too busy looking for ways to twist the wording of the Constitution to get their selfish liberal way. So because they were crafted by activism, they will fall by actually using the Constitution as the standard.

Note that the confabulators of both decisions totally ignored the First Amendment. Neither decision obeys the First Amendment. Instead, they forced the tenets of satanism onto everyone. Note that anything that deliberately disobeys God is satanic evil. This is making a state religion of tenets of satanism.

And you are thinking of only the rights of the mother. There are TWO lives present in every abortion. Doesn't the unborn child have any rights. I have prenatal memories of things that I experienced while I was in the womb. The unborn person is snuffed out by an abortion with no second chance. We may have already aborted the intended next Einstein.

This is not an attack on women. It is an attack on what would be homicide after birth. They use an arbitrary point in time to begin calling it homicide. The 14th Amendment sets the location of citizenship by where the person is born because the location of conception us hard to pin down.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:39 PM

26,508 posts, read 15,088,692 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFzDye5yGp0

Old 05-04-2022, 07:41 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The red states who pass severe abortion restrictions or bans may end up having to open orphanages and adoption centers to handle all the additional kids. Maybe also bring back homes for unwed mothers to ensure they get proper prenatal care. The current foster care system most likely will not be able to handle more kids.
Approximately 20 thousand kids age out of foster care a year. Out of the 400 thousand in FC, about 110, thousand are available to adopt. Plenty of kids that need homes already

Old 05-04-2022, 07:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Considering how offended and hateful the progressives are about conservative heterosexual white males would you consider progressives racist?
I don't know what you're talking about. It seems that I haven't been indoctrinated by the far-right websites that you apparently follow.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:47 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
How will the slick haired private jet flying megachurch pastors get their mistress an abortion?
I'm sure they'll find a way. Hypocrisy among "men of the cloth" is not a new phenomenon, as Jesus repeatedly pointed out in connection with the Pharisees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Imagine if we had countrywide adoption centers aggressively pursuing those unwanted kids.

Tears would fall from heaven.
Apparently you are not familiar with the work of crisis pregnancy centers.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I'm on the right. I believe in God. Homosexuality and trans people doesn't offend me. But it seems to offend you since you feel the need to USE them to try to hammer at those like me. Why do you hate homosexuals and trans people?
I certainly don't, so please don't try to lie. But it's a matter of FACT that many people on the Christian Right quite deeply hate gay people. Haven't you heard of the website - godhatesfags?

Old 05-04-2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If that's true, then maybe the people of Oklahoma want to see abortion banned in all circumstances. Seems to me that they should have this choice available to them.

Your posting history indicates that you are not particularly happy in Oklahoma. Perhaps you'd like to consider one of the other 47 or 48 states that are less conservative.
No, Oklahoma will always be home with me. It's like what this young guy pro pot activist said after I asked him how he can he still live in Caddo County after it voted NO on legalizing medical marijuana. His reply, "Because it's home".

Furthermore, Oklahoma really is not all that much crazy out there for being red. This is because liberals, unlike in other states, have the right to petition the state to vote yes or no on an issue. So won't be surprised if liberals will try for a vote to put the right to abortion in the Oklahoma Constitution.

Oklahoma conservatives, especially rural ones, usually don't mess with petitions, because they are happy with the way things are.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Same-sex marriage has only been legal for a short time. My reading of the Bible tells me that homosexuality has existed for a much, much longer time. The one is not dependent on the other. In any case, the Supreme Court is not banning anything if they overturn Roe v. Wade. And if they were to overturn Obergefell v. Hodges, they wouldn't be banning gay marriage either.
What I meant is that Republicans want the Supreme Court to make a ruling giving states the right, if they want to, to ban homosexuality, including same sex marriage.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:14 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
In other words, institutional care - and given the track record of institutional care in any state - much less a red state which still considers minorities second class and has godawful poverty in the delta - it's a pretty sure bet these places - if these states even bother - will be awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies