Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 10:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Yes, anything can and will be overturned by this SCOTUS, they don't respect settled law. The next move will be same sex civil union marriages which Clarence Thomas has already indicated should have never passed. We heading back to the 50's.
And who knows how many Republicans on here think Griswold v. Connecticut should be overturned, which gave the right to married women to have access to birth control.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:04 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
projection.

Maybe women will be cognizant of their intercourse choices and habits.
Female ducks have biological systems for that.

I read it and now I know it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...als-180979813/

Old 05-02-2022, 10:05 PM

19,018 posts, read 14,193,756 times
I don't think aborted fetuses would consider it a "right" to kill them, but I could be mistaken.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:06 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Brown vs Board of Education overturned Plessy v Ferguson after 58 years.

SC corrected a mistaken opinion in 1954, also.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I pray that the marshals service is beefing up security for the Court’s conservatives immediately. The far left is out for blood. They are pissed that it will become harder to kill babies in the womb.
Well, well, what about you? Do you quite passionately feel that women who get abortions must be given the death penalty and doubly so if they did it on their own by using abortion inducing drugs?

Old 05-02-2022, 10:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
In many it will be illegal after a prescribed period of time. In a few, it may be banned altogether.

No matter what, it returns properly to a local decision. Our founders said zilch about it, and we were founded under "all powers to the local level not explicitly granted the federal government".
Hey, I'm fine with red states passing restrictive laws as long as I don't have to pay for it. Odds are they will go after abortion pills next. Hopefully they have a plan to adopt all those babies and money to feed, clothe and educate them. This is not a blue state problem.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:12 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Hey, I'm fine with red states passing restrictive laws as long as I don't have to pay for it. Odds are they will go after abortion pills next. Hopefully they have a plan to adopt all those babies and money to feed, clothe and educate them. This is not a blue state problem.
I also hope the families of the pregnant have plans to feed, clothe, and educate their children.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
This was all planned. An insurrection of the Supreme Court. Conservative justices will be hunted down, their homes will be plagued with screaming and bullhorns.
The person who leaked will be lifted up as a hero by the left.
The Supreme Court is dead. The country needs to divide. This is why the left is hated. They pretend they’re protecting “democracy” by bastardizing it.
Yet, toodie, I wonder if you quite passionately believe women must be given the death penalty who get abortions as well as their doctors who gave them abortions.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:14 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,751,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And who knows how many Republicans on here think Griswold v. Connecticut should be overturned, which gave the right to married women to have access to birth control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yet, toodie, I wonder if you quite passionately believe women must be given the death penalty who get abortions as well as their doctors who gave them abortions.
Seriously, where do you get this stuff?

Old 05-02-2022, 10:15 PM

18,720 posts, read 7,601,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I don't think aborted fetuses would consider it a "right" to kill them, but I could be mistaken.
Irrelevant.

All the arguments for abortion in this thread seem to center completely (and exclusively) around the effect it has on the mother. Even the father is not brought into the picture, and most certainly the baby is not.

As I've said before, people have gotten used to the idea that killing their baby isn't murder, or even a particularly "bad" thing - more like getting a mole removed. Once they are used to that, and particularly if they had had 49 years to get used to the idea that killing their baby is no big deal, then if something comes up based on the contrary idea that killing their unborn baby IS is big deal, and in fact can be likened to murder, they recoil in horror. Not horror over the idea of murdering their unborn child. But horror over losing the convenience of "removing a mole" that might have caused them problems for the next 20 years or so.

Well, maybe a little horror over the reminder that they have, in fact, been advocating murder. But that will make them scream all the louder against it. And they will never admit that that is what they now have to face. Instead, they will scream in rage at the people who made them face it, as though THOSE were the ones doing a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies