Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 12:29 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLuvStrange View Post
Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're f*ed.

-George Carlin
Carlin was good at pointing out the hypocrisy ^^^^^, but he should have referred to them as Pro-birth, not Pro-life.

If Carlin could have foreseen that Trump would get elected President, he also may have ceased to refer to the subset of that group who voted for Trump as conservatives, as those who may have previously had some conservative bona fides flushed those bona fides down the toilet when they decided to vote for Trump.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:31 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Carlin was good at pointing out the hypocrisy ^^^^^, but he should have referred to them as Pro-birth, not Pro-life.

If Carlin could have foreseen that Trump would get elected President, he also may have ceased to refer to the subset of that group who voted for Trump as conservatives, as those who may have previously had some conservative bona fides flushed those bona fides down the toilet when they decided to vote for Trump.

The infighting/internal war exists in the democratic party. The right is much different than you like to imagine.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:32 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Agreed, but the premise is spot on. Libs brought the case that eliminated Roe and Casey decisions.
Agreed.

It's some sort of subset of being you're own worst enemy.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lmao.
it's practically the reddest state in the country.
But Oklahoma is well overrated as a deeply conservative Red State. This is because it has the most liberal medical marijuana program in the country. The most Trump loving counties nixed legalizing med marijuana by a large margin. But all the urban and some of the rural college town counties overwhelmed them. Also, the state may go on to vote YES to legalize rec marijuana in November.

IF conservatives in blue states want to move to a Red State, then I certainly wouldn't advise making it Oklahoma, since liberals can use the petitioning process to try to vote on get something liberal passed. In the process, they may overwhelm the will of highly conservative rural voters. However, in Kansas and Texas, citizens aren't allowed to use the petitioning process to get anything changed or nixed, so I would advise conservatives to move to those two states, instead. Furthermore, citizens in both states won't ever be allowed to use the petitioning process to vote YES to put the right to abortion in the state constitution.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:51 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,485,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Yep. There's a huge difference between leaning right and leaning Trump.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:51 AM

1,213 posts, read 568,738 times
If abortion is legal, then euthanasia should be legal as well.
Then again, I think government should stay out of our business altogether.
Local control should be primary. Feds should stick to protecting our borders and that’s it.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:52 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Liberals will hide from this thread. LOL.
No. As a liberal I'm certainly not afraid to ask you if you want all abortion banned except possibly when needed to save the life of the mother.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:04 AM

17,813 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I love when libs self own themselves, since they are too weak and emotionally unstable to own others. I didn't know they sucked at forward thinking too, but I will add this to my snowball of knowledge and plan my life accordingly.
Speaking of "self owning" and "sucking at forward thinking"....

Two thirds of all abortions in this country are performed on minority mothers. And there are about 850K abortions being performed each year at present.

So effectively we should have net annual gain of about 250K for minorities compared to whites just off of these new kids being born.

This is going to be great for the commie libs. When these kids get to voting age the commie libs won't even need to let in illegal aliens anymore there are gonna be so many new home grown democrat voters.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:08 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
How many abortions are done to babies that resulted from rape or incest, or babies whose development or birth threaten the life of the mother?

Old 05-03-2022, 01:22 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
The left: My body my choice!

Also the left: Wear your masks and get a vaccine! I don't care if you don't want to! It's not your choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies