Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.42%
No 246 51.04%
Unsure 46 9.54%
Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 02:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Next please.
LOL. And yours is by a claim from a russian military unit. Mines at least got real people saying it.

This propaganda is pathetic, and Russia should be ashamed of the poor quality of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 02:19 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. And yours is by a claim from a russian military unit. Mines at least got real people saying it.

This propaganda is pathetic, and Russia should be ashamed of the poor quality of it.

What "military unit?"

I don't read info from any "military units" - just bloggers, who have proven record.

Old 07-16-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
They should be pounded into dust. Since that can't happen, destroying them economically is a good alternative.
So far, so good!
Yup. Know how the right wingers are going nuts about inflation, despite wages increasing by more then inflation? Imagine being in Russia.

People here are complaining when wage rose 11%, and inflation 9%. In Russia? Wages FELL, and inflation is almost 20%

Old 07-16-2022, 03:35 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Saudi Arabia doubles discounted Russian fuel oil imports
Quote:
Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter, more than doubled the amount of Russian fuel oil it imported in the second quarter to feed power stations to meet summer cooling demand and free up the kingdom’s own crude for export, data showed and traders said.
Quote:
Saudi Arabia has for several years imported Russian fuel oil, which can reduce its need to refine crude for products and cut the amount of oil it needs to burn for power, leaving it with more unrefined crude to sell on international markets at higher prices.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:50 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Interesting.
Evidently, Saudi Arabia can import Russian oil cheaper than it can drill for it in Saudi Arabia.
My experience in business compels me to wonder just how long Russia can sell at or below cost.

It costs right at 50$ per barrel to frack for shale oil here in America. Russia oil is a bit cheaper, but I just gotta wonder how much cheaper. Those who cheer the amount of revenue Russia is getting fail to consider the cost of getting oil out of Russian earth and transported to somewhere useful.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:03 PM

I see persistent reports on Russian channels that American embassy in Kiev stopped operating (temporarily? closed?) as of yesterday.

Can't figure out what this is all about.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I see persistent reports on Russian channels that American embassy in Kiev stopped operating (temporarily? closed?) as of yesterday.

Can't figure out what this is all about.
Russian channels lie basically non stop, so I wouldn't put too much effort into it. Maybe they took a 3 day weekend. Or it could be that since consular services aren't available there at this time that they haven't bothered.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:11 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
RUSSIAN VOLUNTEER UNITS AND BATTALIONS

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...and-battalions

Quote:
The Russian Federation has launched a large-scale drive to form volunteer battalions in the 85 “federal subjects” (or regions) that comprise the federation.

This recruitment effort will likely be expensive if it comes close to meeting its targets.

This drive will likely produce “soldiers” of lower quality than the normal conscripts in the Russian army at close to professional-soldier prices.

It is a remarkable expedient that suggests that Russian President Vladimir Putin remains unwilling to compel his people to fight and unable to attract them to fight voluntarily without considerable incentives.
Makes you wonder how much of this is about Putin's pride of miscalculating the scale of the war and having to admit to the Russian people he pretty much stepped into a quagmire.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Russian channels lie basically non stop, so I wouldn't put too much effort into it. Maybe they took a 3 day weekend. Or it could be that since consular services aren't available there at this time that they haven't bothered.

The ones I am subscribed to, have proven record ( now that I see, the original info came from the Belorussian channel.)

So now it's "wait and see" time, whether it's going to be confirmed or not.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
RUSSIAN VOLUNTEER UNITS AND BATTALIONS

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...and-battalions

Makes you wonder how much of this is about Putin's pride of miscalculating the scale of the war and having to admit to the Russian people he pretty much stepped into a quagmire.
When inflation hits 20%, and wages fall, youre going to get desperate people. Then theyre going to hand these folks a gun, 20 year old body armor that wont stop a 22, a ww2 helmet, and throw them against angry Ukrainians with NATO weaponry. I actually feel sorry for some of them. They're gonna get wrecked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies