Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 192 39.26%
No 250 51.12%
Unsure 47 9.61%
Voters: 489. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 07:46 AM

19,103 posts, read 27,696,540 times

Advertisements

Prediction for the future military development:

https://www.bastyon.com/gnothiseauto...NpSzzeWwNifzN5

What will happen next. The offensive will continue. In order to somehow counter this, the Ukrainian Armed Forces will also try to build up a reserve that could stop a major Russian offensive. Russia now needs to attack in such a way that the Ukrainian Armed Forces are forced to constantly use reserves, at least partially. .....
The main direction is direct front line with the goal of convincing the enemy that if Russia attacks a certain area of ​​the front line, then it must be surrendered while there is at least someone alive there.......
The second part of the air offensive is attacks on energy infrastructure and decision-making centers, which we have seen in the last week. After the end of the air offensive, reserves will be introduced in the direction of the main attack, and within a very short period of time, 24-48 hours, the war will move into the maneuver stage...all the efforts of aviation, all its reserves will be brought to bear on the destruction of communications, so that the Ukrainian Armed Forces will not be able to quickly transfer troops in conditions of a breaking front.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2024, 07:49 AM

19,103 posts, read 27,696,540 times
BTW, it's 210th anniversary of Paris being taken by Russian forces. Bon joure, Macron. As they say, history has tendency of repeating itself.

Old 03-30-2024, 08:13 AM

5,180 posts, read 3,789,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
BTW, it's 210th anniversary of Paris being taken by Russian forces. Bon joure, Macron. As they say, history has tendency of repeating itself.

Russia isn't taking over the whole of Ukraine let alone Paris. I mean really.

Old 03-30-2024, 08:34 AM

43,281 posts, read 18,428,133 times
I do like Zelensky's latest plea..."Give me money or I'm gonna surrender"

IMO retreating is as good as surrendering.

Old 03-30-2024, 08:46 AM

25,625 posts, read 17,368,272 times
Ukraine badly needs tanks. That's a fact.
But it is also a fact that the number of tanks Ukraine has today - about 1000 - is the same number they had when the war started.
Russia has far fewer tanks today than when they launched the war.
And that's probably the way things will remain for a long time. Russia cannot replace the large number of tanks and equipment they have lost, but they cannot run over the Ukrainian army without them.

It's about the same with artillery. Ukraine was short of ammunition at the beginning and is short today, while Russia had plenty of guns and plenty of ammunition, but according to Newsweek has lost 6300 artillery systems.
Both sides are now over-using their systems and are suffering breakdowns.

Ukraine will be getting new aircraft.
Russia will not.

Russia is losing ships that cannot be replaced.

Ukraine is not.

Russia is turning the lights off in Ukraine.
Ukraine is shutting down refineries in Russia.

Zelensky says Ukraine could lose without US assistance. I don't really believe him. He would like more assistance, sure, and maybe he'll even get it, but I don't think the outcome of the war hinges on US assistance. It really hinges on how long Ukraine can resist.

Interesting, interesting stuff.

Old 03-30-2024, 09:06 AM

8,504 posts, read 4,584,165 times
When are the Republicans going to introduce their aid package to Russia for its war against Ukraine?

Old 03-30-2024, 11:51 AM

30,693 posts, read 18,326,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Germany has drawn a red line, no missiles for Zelensky.

https://www.newsweek.com/scholz-taur...a-nato-1884507

Good to see we still have adults in the room that don't want to see WW3.
Smart man. We owe nothing to Ukraine, which I must remind folks, interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Ukraine isn't a part of NATO. I back Ukraine's right to defend itself, but don't think that American taxpayers should foot the bill. Simply put, it's not our fight, and--similar to the German Chancellor's position--aiding Ukraine here is needlessly escalatory (and merely delaying the inevitable).

Old 03-30-2024, 01:14 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,698,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Smart man. We owe nothing to Ukraine, which I must remind folks, interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Ukraine isn't a part of NATO. I back Ukraine's right to defend itself, but don't think that American taxpayers should foot the bill. Simply put, it's not our fight, and--similar to the German Chancellor's position--aiding Ukraine here is needlessly escalatory (and merely delaying the inevitable).
Charles Lindbergh and the America First Committee were making similar statements in 1941 about Nazi Germany. I guess you would've also supported their position.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:12 PM

43,281 posts, read 18,428,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Charles Lindbergh and the America First Committee were making similar statements in 1941 about Nazi Germany. I guess you would've also supported their position.
Zelensky is hardly fighting Hitler in Germany.

That's about as far fetched as one can get to support him.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:50 PM

25,625 posts, read 17,368,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Zelensky is hardly fighting Hitler in Germany.

That's about as far fetched as one can get to support him.
Without support from USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan and some others, Zelensky would be remembered about as much as Ignacy Moscicki.
Who, you say (because you do not know)?
Ignacy Moscicki. The President of Poland who received no help when Germany invaded Poland in 1939. No one remembers him now and Germany was allowed to run amok because he was advised not to resist. He ran and hid. Died in 1946.

He wasn't really much of a dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies