Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 07:50 PM

5,285 posts, read 3,860,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
This "joke of a military" seized vast real estate within weeks and that has led to the annexation of that area. If that's the work of a "joke of a military," people like you really don't want to see what can happen if it turns out Russia's military isn't a joke.

As for war crimes, I wonder if you felt this way when the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 ("shock and awe") and when the U.S., via its attack on Iraq in 1991, launched the fiercest bombardment in the history of war.
Was it 500000 Syrian children Ms. Albright?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 08:14 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,644,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
[…]
Russia is playing this war very gently.
I guess Ukraine should be thankful for such kindness.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:20 PM

3,112 posts, read 946,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
It's obvious that this war is half theater and not the total war being depicted in the media. Cutting off their shipments would make sense, no? Why is Russia allowing them to ship their grain?

I mean I don't have good answers to these things. So I'm hoping someone does.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:25 PM

20,003 posts, read 22,946,225 times
Quote:
I think Ukraine is on track to get over 100 billion this year.

Given that Russia's military budget is 70 billion, well that's 30 billion more and counting.

Also, Ukraine is not really that much smaller than Russia. It has about 1/3 as many people, and actually more mobilized men.

So, if Ukraine cannot win with over 100 billion we (+ EU) gave them, with more men, on their soil, then are they really doing that well? But ok, I trust you. Ukrainians are kicking a$$, so no need to send more money.
Hey 100B AND the equipment Russia left behind is a great start! Donate the A-10’s Congress wants to de-commission and give them to Ukraine, or like the Flying Tigers in WW2 and game on!!!

Old 10-13-2022, 08:45 PM

7,262 posts, read 4,816,156 times
What’s wrong with you people. Everyone knows the only border that matters is Ukraine’s border. America needs to stay in this as long as it takes. America needs to topple Putin and shapeshift Russia into another New Democrat Authoritarian Party just like we have here at home.
Americans need to put boots on the ground in Ukraine. Enforce a draft.
Why not just obliterate Russia with nukes so Hillary’s dream can be realized.
Ukraine was one of the most corrupt countries on the planet but who cares.
Biden crime family straightened them out because nobody messes with a Biden.
Your kids’ futures and America’s future is just a small sacrifice needed in comparison to saving Ukraine from Putin’s grip.
WW3 and nuclear holocaust? Worth it!! Gotta protect Ukraine’s border and get regime change in Russia!
Get your heads screwed on straight and get with the program!
Say it!!
Ukraine!! Ukraine!! Ukraine!!
Donate your life savings to Ukraine!
God help us.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:51 PM

12,723 posts, read 7,642,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
The "Russia is holding their punches" spin is indeed one of the more amusing angles from those that need some way to explain away Russia losing this war.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:53 PM

3,112 posts, read 946,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
The "Russia is holding their punches" spin is indeed one of the more amusing angles from those that need some way to explain away Russia losing this war.
Care to tell me why Russia is allowing Ukrainian grain shipments through?

Old 10-13-2022, 08:55 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,852,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You didn't answer my question. You said the one thing Russia's military is good at is attacking civilian sites. Did those sources tell you this?

And if Russia's military can do nothing well other than attacking civilian sites, why did Russian troops take so much real estate to the extent an entire region has been annexed?
No, the news sites did not say that. All the news sites around the world listed what targets were hit, and none were missile defense sites. So what news sources are you watching? Russian propaganda?

Russia is so good at hitting non-military sites!

Old 10-13-2022, 08:56 PM

12,723 posts, read 7,642,710 times
Quote:
Care to tell me why Russia is allowing Ukrainian grain shipments through?
Politics and economics.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:06 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,852,089 times
Quote:
This was a retaliatory strike for the bridge. Innocent bystanders lost their lives too.

Both are technically war crimes (Ukraine's terroristic sabotage of the bridge and Russia targeting civilian electrical infrastructure) but neither will be charged because it's widely accepted in war to do these things.

Oh, so a major “world superpower” whose military supposedly is so many times bigger than Ukraine has to resort to retaliatory strikes to kill innocent civilians like a little baby instead of hitting legitimate military hardware and infrastructure? What happened to Russia having a military capable of having “world deployment?”

Totally laughable and sad.

In other news, Ukraine will soon take back Kherson!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies