Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.34%
No 247 51.14%
Unsure 46 9.52%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 12:17 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
A Russian mall. Most stores are open and doing a booming business. Some stores are still closed. Some stores are still closed but still fully stocked and ready to reopen at any time. And some stores have closed for good and Russian owned stores have opened in their place.

Absolutely no evidence of any economic problems. Russians are happy and shopping like crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJq_TZNex0
Only places that suck put out PSAs trying to get people to come visit. Shots of a smiling person standing in front of some cherry-picked spot that only looks like that for one hr a year. California, Branson Mo and Sandals Resorts all put out PSAs. No no and no. I don't want bums and feces, meth and banjos or STDs and norovirus. If those are off the list then what makes you think Russia is going to sell? Alcoholism, fat white whales sunning themselves on a frigid gravel beach by the Black Sea, traffic brawls, bribes and shakedowns, horrible food, cold gray drizzle? Forget it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 01:13 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,767,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Do you read the news? Lol.
Let's just wait t see what Denys says I mean after all...Some of you just don't get it and if you don't get it by now you never will. Russia will not and cannot be defeated here. Wake up.

There must be a Polish joke in here somewhere.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Calm down. It looks like it may have been a Ukraine defense missile intended to intercept one of Russia's missiles.

https://www.ft.com/content/6606c639-...9-52d8a9964068
Give credit where credit is due, Biden said fairly early on it was highly unlikely it came from Russia

Old 11-16-2022, 02:37 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Only places that suck put out PSAs trying to get people to come visit. Shots of a smiling person standing in front of some cherry-picked spot that only looks like that for one hr a year. California, Branson Mo and Sandals Resorts all put out PSAs. No no and no. I don't want bums and feces, meth and banjos or STDs and norovirus. If those are off the list then what makes you think Russia is going to sell? Alcoholism, fat white whales sunning themselves on a frigid gravel beach by the Black Sea, traffic brawls, bribes and shakedowns, horrible food, cold gray drizzle? Forget it.
Pardon me for changing subjects, but Emerson said, "Travel is a fool's paradise." And it is, as far as I have seen.
I used to travel. 49 states and 23 foreign countries. Most of it was foolish; some of it was business; in a couple of places (like Vietnam) they tried to kill me.
I've been to Branson. Lived in San Francisco.
Never been to Russia. Or Ukraine.
I love history. Geopolitics, too. But travel?.......... Nah. Not me.

Old 11-16-2022, 03:00 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pardon me for changing subjects, but Emerson said, "Travel is a fool's paradise." And it is, as far as I have seen.
I used to travel. 49 states and 23 foreign countries. Most of it was foolish; some of it was business; in a couple of places (like Vietnam) they tried to kill me.
I've been to Branson. Lived in San Francisco.
Never been to Russia. Or Ukraine.
I love history. Geopolitics, too. But travel?.......... Nah. Not me.
I relate. I've been to every continent but Antarctica. Lived and worked and went to school in Western Europe and China and have been plenty of other places for pleasure travel.

Samuel Clemens said "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness" and I understand his point. There's truth in what both he and Emerson had to say. My mind is not narrow but at the end of the day I know what I like and can definitively identify better from worse in what I've seen. I think I've earned the right to judge and I like home. Kind of done with the travel bug. Going to work remotely, float in my pool with my laptop and a bourbon and quietly go to seed like Andy Dufresne in Zihuatanejo.

Perfect example of travel being overrated ... Zihuatanejo is far from paradisiacal as in the movie. It's really a cartel infested s**thole. But you get the picture.

Old 11-16-2022, 03:09 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
A Russian mall. Most stores are open and doing a booming business. Some stores are still closed. Some stores are still closed but still fully stocked and ready to reopen at any time. And some stores have closed for good and Russian owned stores have opened in their place.

Absolutely no evidence of any economic problems. Russians are happy and shopping like crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJq_TZNex0
I do believe Russia is doing much better than before the war. Sometimes it's really hard to get past all the Western propaganda.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:53 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
More Russian terrorists killed. This Polish channel and The Sun are my favorites for showing raw footage of the war. Poland's contribution to help Ukraine can't be overlooked. They took in millions of Ukrainian refugees. They provide a staging ground for equipment sent to Ukraine. I am not Ukrainian, but I appreciate Poland nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nYRPZHZo88

Old 11-16-2022, 08:19 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
ISW update Nov. 16

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nt-november-16

Quote:
Nov 16, 2022 - Press ISW

Russian sources and proxy officials are flagrantly touting the forced adoption of Ukrainian children into Russian families. Prominent Russian milbloggers began circulating a multi-part documentary series on November 9 featuring several Ukrainian children from Donbas after being adopted into Russian families. The documentary series claims that Russian officials have evacuated over 150,000 children from Donbas in 2022 alone. It is unclear exactly how Russian sources are calculating this figure, and Ukrainian officials previously estimated this number to be 6,000 to 8,000. Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov additionally stated he is working with Russian Federation Commissioner for Children’s Rights Maria Lvova-Belova to bring “difficult teenagers” from various Russian regions and occupied Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts to Chechnya to engage in “preventative work” and “military-patriotic education.” Lvova-Belova has continually advocated for deportations and adoptions of Ukrainian children and herself adopted a child from Mariupol. Forced adoption programs and the deportation of children under the guise of vacation and rehabilitation schemes likely form the backbone of a massive Russian depopulation campaign that may amount to a violation of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide and constitute a wider ethnic cleansing effort, as ISW has previously reported.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:23 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I hope there are people writing and recording the names of all these of these Russian child thieves so eventually these poor Ukrainian children can eventually be returned to their families.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:15 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I do believe Russia is doing much better than before the war. Sometimes it's really hard to get past all the Western propaganda.
Exactly. If you believe Western propaganda, then you are just as bad as Russians who believe Russian propaganda.

Just look at the facts. The Russian military is not as strong as the Russians think it is, and the sanctions are not working as well as Americans and Europeans think they are. It's all just a lot of propaganda, on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies