Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 03:42 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. The sheer volume of posting to deny reality by people who refuse to even watch anything that might correct them is fascinating. Theres a couple posters that have non stop gone on about how no one cares....then posting non stop here, because they clearly care enough to try and keep OTHER people from being educated on it.

Just wild.
Some may not want to watch, because they are afraid, they might hear the truth, or something they simply can't deny. They don't want to hear anything that might change their position or give them a pause.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:52 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
According to our form of justice Trump's already assumed to be innocent. It's up to the prosecution to present evidence to prove guilt. So far all we have is opinion and innuendo, and people claiming to know what Trump's motives might have been, and to secretly know Trump's thoughts and intentions. Hearsay is now viewed as fact, in the minds of this kangaroo court circus.

You tell me what federal crime the evidence presented shows Trump is guilty of. Rioters broke down a glass door in the capitol building, and tussled with a few capitol police officers, took cellphone selfies and went home, by 6:00PM. And Trump's guilty of.... what?
The hearings are not a trial. There is no prosecutor.

The testimony we have heard points strongly to Sedition, obstruction of justice, and election tampering.

Who would you like to hear from under oath to counter the narrative of all of the Republican witnesses who have testified? You keep saying they don’t allow a defense, but you never say who can offer it.

Jordan? Eastman? Clark? Meadows? Flynn? Scavino? Navarro? Stone? Alex Jones? Biggs? Hawley?

Someone else…?

Old 07-25-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No one with any brains, who is not willing to testify against Trump, would want to appear before this group of TDS afflicted Trump haters. There is nothing fair or proper about this committee. It's akin to a Jew expecting fair treatment from a court run by, and staffed by Hitler's Nazi Party.
My post was in answer to one who made the claim that two agents were going to testify. Take your complaints up with him.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Meadows, Navarro, Stone, Rudy, Eastman and all the other crazy lawyers Trump had. All under oath.

None of them will come.

DOJ has opened a Grand Jury, maybe they will all be brought in front of it.
One of the three DOJ Grand Juries has been hearing testimony from Pence’s Chief of Staff Marc Short last week. I would be willing to wager some of those names came up in what he had to say under oath.

Last edited by cuebald; 07-25-2022 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-25-2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I know I can't believe how badly he treated Pence. I also find it hard to comprehend how he could hold our Country and Constitution in so little regard that he would bull doze over it, just to stay in power. And that he would go to such lengths to override the will of the American voter. We have seen corruption before, but nothing like this.

I would have thought the American President would always defend our Constitution, Our Capital and our elections...instead he seemed happy to watch all the destruction and violence. It's unimaginable.

Anybody who would go to that extreme to stay in power is a red flag in itself. I mean this guy really wanted to hold on to power so bad, that he was willing to go all out. I guess having all that power can be intoxicating. And I've never in my life seen so many people sucked in by one man, and his stranglehold over an entire party, that people are afraid to step out against him or just speak the truth. If that isn't cult like, then I don't know what is. And on top of all that, he seems to bring out the worst in many of his supporters, I've never seen anything like it.

Last edited by ipaper; 07-25-2022 at 04:11 PM..

Old 07-25-2022, 04:00 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,696,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Hello Folks! Just updating the money odds for 2024 and the effect of this excellent constitutional impartial hearing. Updated today:

• Donald Trump Sr. +250
  • Ron DeSantis +350
  • Joe Biden +650
  • Gavin Newsom +1600
  • Kamala Harris +1600
  • Mike Pence +2400
  • Pete Buttigieg +2500
  • Nikki Haley +3500
  • Michelle Obama +4000
  • Elizabeth Warren +4500
  • Hillary Clinton +4500
  • Tucker Carlson +5000
  • Mike Pompeo +5500
  • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez +6000
  • Beto O'Rourke +6600
  • Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson +6600
  • Josh Hawley +6600
  • Kristi Noem +6600
  • Mitt Romney +6600
  • Ted Cruz +6600
Everybody went down except Trump. What's going on with the hearing, it was supposed to bring down Trump's odds not everybody else. What's going on, what's the plan now? Do they have one? I have a suggestion, if they ignore Trump for 18 months and not bring him up or even mention his name, I think that will work better bringing his numbers down. What do you think?
You seem to be either confused about odds or you're using incorrect terminology. The hearings are negative events for Trump, and if anything, they would cause his odds to go up.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:01 PM

1,100 posts, read 432,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Left is not scared of anything. it is the GOP that is in the process of eating each other over who is a loyal MAGA and who is not, and nobody, repeat ***NOBODY***, has been willing to come forward and testify on Trump's behalf under oath.

You people are terrified. And you know it.

I love how you label all Trump supporters into MAGA rednecks, real objective.

Most of us just liked cheap taxes and gas and cheap everything and a President who annihilated the press and everyone else who deserved it. Also he constantly talked about saving us money. No president in my lifetime I ever remember emphasizing that so much, saving our country money or trying to. Country = taxpayers.

I just bought a boat last year, it took a year to be built to spec and I finally have it. I asked my salesman how much more the exact same boat but a 2023 model would be, he said minimum 10-12 grand.

That is all the fault of the dems and their crap.

Guarantee on January 20 2025 Trump will get on TV and say "I'm here to do whatever I need to do to get prices down for you guys" because he actually cares about Americans. And you guys know that too but won't ever admit it.

Hell it'll be before that, he will campaign on getting prices down on everything.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
A few things:

The complicity of other republicans, just so they can keep THEIR job and THEIR power, even though they know it's wrong. I get that all politicians do that to some degree, but this was just beyond anything I've seen historically. No shred of care for doing the right thing.

The politicization of the Secret Service. I've always know that, politically, they lean hard right (I've known several people that work there over the years), but the whole texting thing is just disappointing.

The hands-off approach that local DC police took towards "peaceful protestors" walking down the street or being up in the trees with guns and other weapons. I don't think other groups would have been treated so hands-off when it comes to openly having weapons of any sort on you.
When it comes Trump, doing the right thing doesn't mean a thing. It's all about defending him no matter what, and at all costs. And the supper die hards would never be caught giving into the left about anything, even if they know it's not right.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
You people are terrified. And you know it.

I love how you label all Trump supporters into MAGA rednecks, real objective.

Most of us just liked cheap taxes and gas and cheap everything and a President who annihilated the press and everyone else who deserved it. Also he constantly talked about saving us money. No president in my lifetime I ever remember emphasizing that so much, saving our country money or trying to. Country = taxpayers.

I just bought a boat last year, it took a year to be built to spec and I finally have it. I asked my salesman how much more the exact same boat but a 2023 model would be, he said minimum 10-12 grand.

That is all the fault of the dems and their crap.

Guarantee on January 20 2025 Trump will get on TV and say "I'm here to do whatever I need to do to get prices down for you guys" because he actually cares about Americans. And you guys know that too but won't ever admit it.

Hell it'll be before that, he will campaign on getting prices down on everything.
Okay. Maybe you can answer.

Who is willing to testify under oath on Trump’s behalf to counter the testimony we have heard from all the republicans whose testimony has been seen by the public so far? Quite frankly, they have not flattered him a lot.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:10 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
You seem to be either confused about odds or you're using incorrect terminology. The hearings are negative events for Trump, and if anything, they would cause his odds to go up.

They are supposed to be negative for Trump yes, but the odds makers are not buying the liberals load of baloney all this nonsense is, neither are those of us independents that can think for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies