Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 04:45 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. The sheer volume of posting to deny reality by people who refuse to even watch anything that might correct them is fascinating. Theres a couple posters that have non stop gone on about how no one cares....then posting non stop here, because they clearly care enough to try and keep OTHER people from being educated on it.

Just wild.
All of these white knights rushing to Trump's defense like he's a damsel in distress or something. If these conversations were happening IRL I wonder if they'd slap you with their glove and challenge you to a duel to preserve the maiden's honor.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:53 PM

2,673 posts, read 1,192,261 times
The only thing as far as a crime I see is that he didn't immediately place a call to have law enforcement put a stop to this. He could get away with he didn't expect them to be crazy and storm inside the building. I remember him saying go stand outside and ask them to come out and listen to what you want or what you have to say.

I don't read twitter so I have no clue what he said on that site.

They need to make changes about protocol and none of this idiocy where it's only the POTUS who can get a swat team to stop something like this. Jesus the VP calling should have been good enough.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:02 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
In other words, they are afraid to watch. Cannot handle the truth, I suppose.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
In other words, they are afraid to watch. Cannot handle the truth, I suppose.
Quite the assumption. Many are simply waiting for proof to because Trump inciting a riot and the court date. When’s it going to happen?

Old 07-25-2022, 05:06 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
The only thing as far as a crime I see is that he didn't immediately place a call to have law enforcement put a stop to this. He could get away with he didn't expect them to be crazy and storm inside the building. I remember him saying go stand outside and ask them to come out and listen to what you want or what you have to say.

They need to make changes about protocol and none of this idiocy where it's only the POTUS who can get a swat team to stop something like this. Jesus the VP calling should have been good enough.
The problem is that DC is controlled by the Federal government.

I am not advocating for DC statehood, but the Trump white house was able to have the National Guard disarmed two days before the attack. The National Guard could NOT take any actions without the Acting Secretary of Defense approving, and Miller would NOT approve without Trump's go ahead (at least for several hours).

The VP was pleading for help, the Congress was pleading for help, and the mayor of Washington was pleading for help, but they had no authority to order the Defense Department to release the National Guard.

I think it would make sense to designate the DC National Guard as an Independent Federal Agency, to take the politics out of the deployment of it.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:15 PM

13,474 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post

That is not a crime. That's like criminally charging Congress for any lack of action or bad decisions that turns bad or violent or deaths. That's like charging W Bush for his inaction for 9/11 during the attack or FDR for the Pearl Harbor attack that many brass were fired or Biden for ignoring the chaos at the border and the list is long.

or charging Congress or the President criminally for the drug epidemic and letting come tit hrough the border everyday for years. It's bad policy or bad non-action but not a crime.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:17 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
All of these white knights rushing to Trump's defense like he's a damsel in distress or something. If these conversations were happening IRL I wonder if they'd slap you with their glove and challenge you to a duel to preserve the maiden's honor.
Quite the visual!

Essentially agree although imho for some, all that matters is that ‘he gets away with it’. & it does not matter what it is.

Mr. Trump knew that, & encouraged the mind numbing fanaticism from day one.

Quote:
”I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

Old 07-25-2022, 05:21 PM

13,474 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The problem is that DC is controlled by the Federal government.

I am not advocating for DC statehood, but the Trump white house was able to have the National Guard disarmed two days before the attack. The National Guard could NOT take any actions without the Acting Secretary of Defense approving, and Miller would NOT approve without Trump's go ahead (at least for several hours).

The VP was pleading for help, the Congress was pleading for help, and the mayor of Washington was pleading for help, but they had no authority to order the Defense Department to release the National Guard.

I think it would make sense to designate the DC National Guard as an Independent Federal Agency, to take the politics out of the deployment of it.
You have 1,879 D.C. officers with weapons and armored. Explain why you need the military for 800 protesters that trespassed and some resisted arrest?

That's 2 cops per 1 protester at worst. Explain why you needed the military and war weapons. This wasn't the invasion of Iraq or Iwo Jima.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:22 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Tussled with? Took a few selfies?

I know you’re smarter than that post. There’s no way you suffer from that level of cognitive dissonance. So really you’re downplaying it as a gaslighting tactic.

That seems to be a common theme amongst Trumpies. Twist, obfuscate, deny.

And there’s no prosecution in this hearing. It’s a hearing.

But you know that. It just sounds more dramatic and fits the show trial meme.
140 Capitol police were injured. Just "tusslin'"!

Old 07-25-2022, 05:26 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
Nobody cares about this BS on TV. Look at this poll, it's pretty spot on with reality. Trump's coming back whether you can deal with it or not.

It's beneath them to even appear there.
Trump will not run in 2024. Here is the reason, as we have tried to explain all along, with his scamming his base by asking for donations that he doesn't have to account for. Trump is greedy. There is no way he will turn his back on this money that he worked so hard to defraud his supporters out of.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...193142094.html

I'll take your answer as "There is really no way to contradict the testimony we have heard thus far." Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies