Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 09:55 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,233,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Has Pence come out and confirmed that is what happened? Or is this still just what a couple of reporters with a book to sell is saying?
I don't know. That's one of the reasons I'd like to know more about it.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:59 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,266 times
Quote:
Noted, your dodge regarding lying under oath, after you finally realize that it does happen.

There's no reason for him to sit for the committee's 'court of public opinion' made for tv variety show. Though, you may get your wish IF Garland indicts Trump. But of course, the committees fast and loose use of hearsay evidence, their public investigation, etc., may work against you. If that ends up being the case, then you have no one to blame but the committee.
Well, I thought it was a pretty weird statement to make, obvious to the casual observer, so I figured you were just being rhetorical. Of course, what aboutism doesn’t prove she was lying, just that some lie. Until someone refutes it under oath it’s the more credible testimony by far. A statement under oath is far more credible than generic statements not taken under oath, anonymous sources, or silence.

Noted, you have no realization that Trump is very likely corrupt to the core.

Last edited by GeorgiaTransplant; 07-25-2022 at 10:15 AM..

Old 07-25-2022, 10:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,849,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So where would that information be available? Some dictionary?

BTW, I see that Trump is still at it. Trump is still calling states asking them to decertify the election.

The latest was Wisconsin.
Trump called ‘within the last week’ to overturn Wis. election results, speaker says | July 20, 2022

What is the definition of madness?
They are reviewing 2020 results in TX too
Why when Trump won —likely bcuz Abbott and Paxton are sucking up to Trump

Trump’s actions are nuts yes but they are driven by forces he really can’t control
His malignant narcissistic personality can’t accept a loss, being thwarted, or told “no” so he will always resist accepting the truth of anything which goes against that primal compulsion
And his greed—as long as people will send him money to support this asinine compulsion, he will continue
If he had to pay out of his own pocket and all these lawyers and others involved couldn’t be paid the river of opposition might trickle to a halt
Trump is funding his lifestyle, giving money to his kids and confederates that his duped followers send

Like throwing money down a sewer literally

Old 07-25-2022, 10:08 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,798,472 times
Quote:
Has Pence come out and confirmed that is what happened? Or is this still just what a couple of reporters with a book to sell is saying?
Greg Jacobs testimony. He was Pence's counsel. You can watch it here. I don't think we're going to hear from Pence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4tivPraEBk

Old 07-25-2022, 10:10 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,849,240 times
Quote:

Not just reporters
But why bother to cite a source you would just demean or choose not to acknowledge as impartial and accurate

Does no good to present facts to Trump supporters
Like explaining the color green to someone whose rods and cones don’t function properly
Or asking a tone deaf person to lead an orchestra

Old 07-25-2022, 10:18 AM

23,538 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Wow, I hope you can back that up with facts. Otherwise, you know, that's libel, defamation.
Where have you been that you don't know about these things?

Here's a few examples to get you started, though you probably won't bother to read them..

https://judiciaryreport.com/james_cl...of%20Americans.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-the-nation-/

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...d-to-congress/

https://www.westernjournal.com/break...ler-lied-oath/

Old 07-25-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Well, I thought it was a pretty weird statement to make, obvious to the casual observer, so I figured you were just being rhetorical. Of course, what aboutism doesn’t prove she was lying, just that some lie. Until someone refutes it under oath it’s the more credible testimony by far. A statement under oath is far more credible than generic statements not taken under oath, anonymous sources, or silence.

Noted, you have no realization that Trump is very likely corrupt to the core.
Would you folks even believe it if someone proved her wrong? doubtful...extremely doubtful.

I never said that I thought he was as pure as the driven snow, or, that he's as dirty as your leaders and your media has tried to portray him to be over the past 7 years. I do believe that most politicians are corrupt, some worse than others, but I don't believe he is among the worst.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Greg Jacobs testimony. He was Pence's counsel. You can watch it here. I don't think we're going to hear from Pence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4tivPraEBk
Thank you for providing this. A pity that Pence, himself, hasn't said why he didn't leave. Maybe he thought that since they were in a highly secure area that they were safe, that the riot would quickly be quelled and he'd be back to work soon? idk. We will probably never know unless/until he speaks.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not just reporters
But why bother to cite a source you would just demean or choose not to acknowledge as impartial and accurate

Does no good to present facts to Trump supporters
Like explaining the color green to someone whose rods and cones don’t function properly
Or asking a tone deaf person to lead an orchestra
^^^ you be like...

hilarious

Old 07-25-2022, 10:39 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
If he did not want violence why didn’t he act:
1) when they overran the barricades
2)when they violently attacked the capitol police
3) when they broke into and sacked the capitol building
4) when shots were fired and Ashley Babbit died

The issue is he is unfit to hold the office of the presidency. Not just the criminal implications.
This is apparent unless you are a trump cult member
Lol. Because he wasn’t there… and he told folks to go home and they did peacefully at curfew at 6pm.

Always love the cult member accusations. Where are the meetings, and please be specific?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies