Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 06:16 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Misinformation?

I WATCHED him say that stuff.

We all watched him, although apparently some have forced themselves to forget.

The biased media and the democrats weaponized COVID against Trump with misinformation, omitted information, information taken out of context, and outright lies. That is what changed the outcome of the election. As far as what Trump says, he does that for effect to get people off guard then they stop thinking straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Answer me this.

Why doesn't the "MAGA" group get together for rallies without Trump?

Why don't you see that? Rallies similar, or maybe a little smaller, of MAGA people that Trump hasn't put together and isn't present for?

That'll answer your question. What all these people have in common is TRUMP, and their mysterious love for that man. Other than that, they don't have a lot in common.

There will be new leader. MAGA is an ideology verbalized by Trump but has grown far beyond him.

Unless something is done about inflation and gas prices, the democrats are in deep trouble.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:34 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We can have Trump’s policies without Trump. DeSantsis has shown himself to be a tough fighter who isn’t going to let Democrats or the media run over him and he doesn’t have Trump’s baggage. Plus, by God, he is younger than me.

This. I don't know many who voted for Trump because he's such a role model and nice guy. They like his policies and how he will fight for them. DeSantis is not all that different in terms of policies. The Dems will bash anyone who runs on the GOP ticket but DeSantis doesn't trigger them quite as much as Trump.

But I disagree that a contentious hard-fought primary weakens the party in the general election. Typically, candidates fight hard against each other then coalesce around the winner. The 2016 GOP primary was pretty viscious, especially between Trump and "Lyin' Ted" Cruz and "Little Marco" Rubio but the GOP came together. In some ways, a tough primary might even be for the best as it gets the baggage out of the way early and preps them for a viscious general.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
There will be new leader. MAGA is an ideology verbalized by Trump but has grown far beyond him.

Unless something is done about inflation and gas prices, the democrats are in deep trouble.
No, there won't be.

Trump was a once in a lifetime leader who, for reasons the majority don't get at all, was able to inspire a religious like following among his devotees.

He was able to tap into something within his following, that made his followers feel good about themselves - so good they had the euphoric expression of religious crowds at a worship event. Or Beatles concert goers in the 60's.

A following that inspired that guy to say, with tears in his eyes, "I'd take a bullet for that man!" as the motorcade went by. Inspired a man to say they should make a law that Trump could be president for the rest of his life, or as long as he wanted to be, and then only Trump family members and descendants should be president.

People who create signs with Trump's name and likeness printed on huge US flags. Who go up and down the beaches flying Trump flags, and buying NEW Trump flags after he lost the election and still flying them.

You won't see that kind of following again. For anyone else. Thank God. For the rest of us, we kind of felt like . . . um . . . we shouldn't be watching.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:44 PM

1,517 posts, read 540,824 times
A strong 3rd party candidate like Mark Cuban could disrupt the election, he would draw votes from both sides.

A strong libertarian or green party candidate can potentially siphon enough votes to change the dynamics.

Trump will not condone a primary race unless it's a staged candidate that he can use as a sparring partner. He'll hold plenty of rallies but I doubt we'll see him on the debate stage again.

It's very early, there's no guarantee at this point.

Last edited by vegasrollingstone; 06-08-2022 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 06-08-2022, 07:58 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
Trump was a once in a lifetime leader who, for reasons the majority don't get at all, was able to inspire a religious like following among his devotees.

[ . . . ]

You won't see that kind of following again. For anyone else. Thank God. For the rest of us, we kind of felt like . . . um . . . we shouldn't be watching.
So, I take it you were out of the country during the eight years of Obama's presidency?

Old 06-08-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
No, there won't be.

He was able to tap into something within his following, that made his followers feel good about themselves - so good they had the euphoric expression of religious crowds at a worship event. Or Beatles concert goers in the 60's.

A following that inspired that guy to say, with tears in his eyes, "I'd take a bullet for that man!" as the motorcade went by. Inspired a man to say they should make a law that Trump could be president for the rest of his life, or as long as he wanted to be, and then only Trump family members and descendants should be president.

People who create signs with Trump's name and likeness printed on huge US flags. Who go up and down the beaches flying Trump flags, and buying NEW Trump flags after he lost the election and still flying them.

Never say never...that is a guaranteed way to be the fool sooner or later. We have a republican on the scene who is developing the same way.

Quote:

Then they will vote republican!

Old 06-08-2022, 08:22 PM

4,511 posts, read 4,040,975 times
Republicans could literally run on no platform other than stopping the elect rigging, and if they could stop the rigging they’d landslide in.

When I say repubs I mean non rinos.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:26 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Trump will be the next President and DeSantis will be the Vice President. Get used to it.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:27 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
This. I don't know many who voted for Trump because he's such a role model and nice guy. They like his policies and how he will fight for them. DeSantis is not all that different in terms of policies. The Dems will bash anyone who runs on the GOP ticket but DeSantis doesn't trigger them quite as much as Trump.

But I disagree that a contentious hard-fought primary weakens the party in the general election. Typically, candidates fight hard against each other then coalesce around the winner. The 2016 GOP primary was pretty viscious, especially between Trump and "Lyin' Ted" Cruz and "Little Marco" Rubio but the GOP came together. In some ways, a tough primary might even be for the best as it gets the baggage out of the way early and preps them for a viscious general.
Good points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies