Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 05:52 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,046,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump is the only hope America has. Proven leader with positive historic accomplishments.

The greatest scandal in American history, the insurrection of a sitting president by elected legislators, media and intel agencies!!!!! Jaw dropping modern day cabal and it is ignored and goes unnoticed when criticizing Trump.

As if 911 occurred and the media did not report on it and legislators pretended it didn;t happen.

Desantis has time to be prez after trump.
The video of Georgia rigging the election after they told ballot counters to leave but they stayed to pull out ballots from under the table was 911 in election form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 05:53 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
If Republicans want to win back Congress this year:

* Talk about inflation and how it's affecting the average American.

* Hammer Biden on the border crisis and explain how bringing in more immigrants to compete with Americans for jobs is bad, especially for low-skilled Americans who are often minorities. Also, link the border crisis to exacerbating the housing crisis in America. Contrary to popular belief, most legal immigrants, including myself who is black, do NOT support open borders. We are disgusted at the amount of money being spent on illegals who are gaming the asylum system and being flown to different cities in America,

* Stop repeating lies about the election being stolen.

* Outline how they are going to help the shrinking middle class.

The democrats want everyone to be dependent on the government except the democrats in power. Make no mistake they want one party rule.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Much as I wish Trump were president right now, the fact is that he is damaged goods. This is due to a rabidly partisan press, an opposition party that constantly hits below the belt, and a bunch of low-information voters who refuse to see beyond "Orange Man Bad" and "Mean Tweets." Nothing about it is fair, but it's where we are. I want a Republican in the White House. And I think it's vastly more likely that DeSantis would get more votes on the margins than Trump would.

An almost perfect analysis. Unless Biden and the democrats dramatically reduce inflation and gas prices, they will be easy to beat.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
An opposition party? You're talking about a guy who hits his OWN party leaders and his OWN appointees "below the belt".

The biased media and the liberal radical democrats constantly spew misinformation to manipulate the people.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:57 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The dems came together and stood together in the polls and elected someone with the energy and personality of a garden slug. Because they were unified in not electing Trump. So they elected Mr. Joe Nottrump.

People who voted for Trump would absolutely NOT gladly vote for DeSantis if DeSantis beat Trump in a primary.

You're misjudging Trump's base, many of whom had never voted before and won't ever vote again if they can't vote for Trump.

Nope. Wrong as usual.

What the Left consistently gets wrong about Trump is - as much as we love him - he is just the delivery system for MAGA.

Any effective Republican running on a MAGA platform (including DeSantis) would get our vote. The only way this would not occur, is if the two tore each other apart in the process.

MAGA will survive long after Trump is gone.

But he will always get credit as its original proponent to make it to the White House. And if he wants it, he deserves another shot.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Nope. Wrong as usual.

What the Left consistently gets wrong about Trump is - as much as we love him - he is just the delivery system for MAGA.

Any effective Republican running on a MAGA platform (including DeSantis) would get our vote. The only way this would not occur, is if the two tore each other apart in the process.

But he will always get credit as its original proponent to make it to the White House. And if he wants it, he deserves another shot.

I would vote for Trump again but I do not think he will ever win another national election. '

What I will not do is vote for any democrat for any office.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
After reading a lot of the doom and gloom on this board (unjustified in my humble opinion), this story really hit me. Hard.

The biggest threat against the MAGA movement isn't the Left, the media, or even electoral theft - it's ourselves.

DeSantis Tops Trump in Conservative Straw Poll But There's Something Unsettling About It

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...g-n2608373?814

I agree with this author whole-heartedly.

Although I am in the Trump camp, if he stepped aside for DeSantis, I would rejoice - and happily support DeSantis full force. But DeSantis is still young, and has more good he can do for FL - then we tee him up for 2028 and we get the longest Republican reign since the 80s.

On the other hand, if the Left has its way - they take the two strongest figures in the Party and pit them against each other - and it produces rapid electoral destruction for the MAGA GOP. Because both men agree on virtually everything and draw much of the same base of support.

I concur that they need to have a talk and one hundred percent ensure there is no civil war.

For one thing, even if DeSantis prevailed in a food fight with Trump, the MSM would then use that against him in the general to try and persuade Trump supporters to stay home. Of course, if the roles were reversed this holds true as well - but many Republicans seem to think DeSantis is somehow immune to the media's attacks. The media would act accordingly in an attempt to divide the MAGA movement permanently, and thus decimate its ranks - ultimately keeping the Dems in power.

Make no mistake, I firmly believe this is the Left's "ace in the hole" - break in case of emergency - and our two greatest assets need to recognize this ASAP.
One or the other would get nominated. Trump still has a huge following. If DeSantis was the nominee, then they would vote for him. This is just a bunch of BS that Townhall is pushing.

I don't give a flying rat's backside about allegedly 'mean tweets', Trump got things done. He trashed the media and Dem leaders, which they deserved. Who cares if their little feelings were hurt. Media and Dems clearly don't give a damn about you.

The only thing that will keep Repubs out is more cheating.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The biased media and the liberal radical democrats constantly spew misinformation to manipulate the people.
Misinformation?

I WATCHED him say that stuff.

We all watched him, although apparently some have forced themselves to forget.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Nope. Wrong as usual.

Answer me this.

Why doesn't the "MAGA" group get together for rallies without Trump?

Why don't you see that? Rallies similar, or maybe a little smaller, of MAGA people that Trump hasn't put together and isn't present for?

That'll answer your question. What all these people have in common is TRUMP, and their mysterious love for that man. Other than that, they don't have a lot in common.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:15 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Assbackwards. It's the Dems who are split.

Trump still has massive support within the Party, while there are numerous articles in Lefty publications literally this very day talking about how Biden is losing his own base.

People who voted for Trump would gladly vote for Desantis, a brutal and bloody primary not withstanding.

Republicans would be wise to listen to each other, and not the Left.

But your propaganda is duly noted.
People who voted for Trump would vote for DeSantis. This is true. However, there are a lot of people who would vote for DeSantis but would not vote for Trump. I’m one of them, actually. I like DeSantis as governor, and he’s probably the only politician who would get me to pull the R lever for the POTUS election. If Trump gets the nomination, I will most likely vote third party again. I liked Trump’s policies, I despise the media for the way they treated him, and there’s no way I would ever vote for a modern day Democrat, but the man will be 80 soon and I don’t know many 80 year olds that would have the cognitive ability to run the country. Even Reagan faded out there towards the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies