Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2022, 09:53 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Crazy people will always find a way.

Bombings. Car attacks. Poisonings. Airplanes. Arson. Yada yada yada.
that is so not true.
If you make it harder, many will give up and the success rate drops.
A gun that can kill a bunch of people at one time is a really easy way to do it.

Bombings, car attacks, poisonings, airplanes, arson are just not nearly as easy or have near the success rate.
An automatic or semi atomic is the weapon of choice because it is easy, cheap and the most effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 09:54 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The black man had been shooting at the cops, so the cops treat him as armed instead of trying to figure out if he left the gun behind in the car or not.
Once you shoot at cops your option is hit the dirt with hands up otherwise you are getting ventilated.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:57 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
that is so not true.
A gun that can kill a bunch of people at one time is a really easy way to do it.

Bombings, car attacks, poisonings, airplanes, arson are just not nearly as easy or have near the success rate.
An automatic or semi atomic is the weapon of choice because it is easy, cheap and the most effective.
He could have killed a lot more people just driving a truck down the parade.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:57 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
that is so not true.

It's super hard to get a gun where this weirdo maniac lived.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:03 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
I linked to an article containing a picture of guys wrapped in a trump flag, not an American flag. The difference between the 2 flags is obvious - one had TRUMP written in big letters.
how is this not an actual fact? Do you think the photo on his own social media is made up by me?
I Can not find the Trump flag picture —I believe you, but how do you know he wasn’t just mocking Trump? Trump lovers don’t call themselves “Woke” nor are they generally hip hop singers and devotees.
You called him a Trump loving nut without facts— we don’t KNOW the facts yet, so appears by most here you are just spewing trump hate, not looking or waiting for the truth.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:05 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He could have killed a lot more people just driving a truck down the parade.
Sure he could have, although he owned a fit. I guess he could have rented a uhaul. Most parades have those big trucks or barriers and well as police on the ground. I still think the more effective choice was a automatic rifle. Aim is better, likelihood of greater damage. less likely to get caught at the scene. He made the best choice that was available because it was so available.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:06 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Both teams frothing at the mouth for him to be on the opposite team.
Funny, yet sad.
What we should be focusing on is he sent out plenty of social media clues he’d do something like this yet he was not flagged or censured or anyone notified…..

People writing on social media about ivermectin or Hunter Bidens lap top were QUICKLY flagged and censured,
So clearly the social media cops could see this.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:07 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Forgive me as I am just now catching up with the thread after staying away from all things about this shooting this morning. I tend to think this guy was just a troll and that he wanted to make fun of and **** off as many people as possible. Many people are like this and, of course, never kill anyone. The first thing I saw this morning was a guy on MSNBC who said the POS shooter linked to a site about Lee Harvey Oswald and that he may have had pictures of Oswald on his site and his wall. (Not sure he meant actual wall in his home or not.)

Oswald, if you believe the official story, shot at a parade (specifically JFK, of course) from high in a building with a rifle. He then left the rifle and got away from the scene by blending in with people leaving the scene before eventually being caught. It could be a coincidence, of course, but it is interesting. The shooter had an interesting in mass shooters. But then, so do a lot of people. I have a couple of books on the Columbine shooting and before I got rid of most of them, I had a large collection of JFK murder books. Having an interest in murder means nothing or else everyone who watched “Dateline” last weekend would be killers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
#1 - His dad ran as a Democrat
#2. Just because he has Italian heritage does not mean he's a Christian - in fact his mom is a morman. Whoppi Goldberg is Jewish and Black. A name does not signify political affiliation or religion.
#3. Right now we have no idea of his political affiliation - there are as many pics of him wearing antifa like gear and rainbow hair as there are pics of him wearing a flag. The guy was nuts that's all we know.
Just in this thread, we have had posters tell us his dad was a Republican, a Democrat and an Independent. So which is it? Not which party do you wish it were? Anyone have a source? I could not find a source last night when I looked. And since there are only two political parties in this country, every shooter will be ble to be linked to one or the other pretty much. Again, what does it prove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
He also went to see Biden arrive at an airport.
So? I would love to see Air Force One in person and get photographs of it no matter who is president at the time. That alone proves nothing. My favorite specially painted locomotive is the Union Pacific #4141. Look that one up. Search UP 4141.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
A crazy man mowed his car deliberately into a Christmas parade killing and maiming anyone in his path and somehow that has been written off as "he was fleeing the scene of (some minor by comparison) crime".

Hate filled people do horrible things.
I was initially one of the people who thought this and there was evidence for it. Now it appears he was just trying to kill folks. Your last sentence is the truest thing I have read on this thread so far. Some people are just evil. And evil knows no political ideology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I can't comment on the parenting but I know parenting now is hard. You send your kid to school and they tell them they are a victim. They tell them they can be a female or a male. I know several girls from our group who are now identifying as boys. I see my daughter who is not a very confident girl because she has a slow processing speed. She wasn't very social because she mostly loved to read. But if she were around these misfits, she could be influenced. I can tell. She wants to dye her hair and wear studded this and that. I am lucky that she is not an angry person by nature and no one told her she was a victim her whole life. But I can see that if she goes to college, she could easily gravitate towards a group of oddballs. She tries to meet people by telling their weird hair colors look good. I try to teach her that often the people who don't conform are having issues. She doesn't believe me. Whatever.
This is pretty dangerous indoctrination in my opinion especially if she believes she is different from most people. she could be hearing you telling her she is weird and has issues. My kids were ike me. They had a few close friends and did not socilize much. My daughter kept her nose buried in books from middle school on. My son played video games. (Mostly NBA 2K series, but a few war games too. After their mom and I separated, he got into GTA. Never stole a car in real life.) My daughter has dyed her hair a lot. That's not an indication of anything other than wanting a different hair color.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:09 AM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No it never will. The difference is if they kill one or three people before they get stopped or people can hide etc vs 20/30 lives at stake in less than 3 minutes.
Still focusing on the rifle, eh ? Handguns are still used far more than rifles in shootings. There are also 30 round mags available for a wide range of handguns.

Do you really want to see a reduction in lives lost, or just a ban on a rifle you've been told to hate ? If you really want to see a reduction in lives lost, you wouldn't be focusing on a rifle, the focus would be on suicide prevention, since the majority of gun deaths are suicides.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:11 AM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The Right doesn't care and the Left wants to ban guns. Nobody of note or prowess is working on the true problem.
Agreed. In the mean time, our society continues to morally decay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies