Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 04:19 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,331,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's hard to tell when the link is to a tabloid TV show that is quoting Fox News heavily. A better source would be nice, but I don't feel like searching for it right now. Generally, if someone attacks another person, I don't get too up in arms when they are taken out.
Umm, I am vacationing in Europe right now and it has been all over my newsfeed from all different types of sources, so it shouldn't take a whole lot of searching.

And clearly, it was self defense. Has the country gone completely mad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 08:17 PM

8,960 posts, read 11,838,580 times
I applaud the black Mayor for not siding with the criminal who is also black.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:22 PM

31,278 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I applaud the black Mayor for not siding with the criminal who is also black.
The day is still young

Old 07-09-2022, 08:25 PM

9,493 posts, read 11,258,534 times
Up is down. In is out. Wrong is right. This is 180 world.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:45 PM

6,143 posts, read 3,853,325 times
Yes, it's self defense. "Disparity of force" is the issue that justifies the old guy using a knife in his self defense.

These weren't two young guys getting into a scuffle. It was a young, fit man attacking an older, weaker man. The law doesn't require the old man to wait until he has been beaten to within an inch of his life before taking any action in self defense. The "disparity of force" between the two plus the fact that the young man was clearly the attacker and aggressor in the situation justifies the old man utilizing a weapon to defend himself.

Clearly, there would have been no death or harm to anyone if the young man hadn't attacked the old man. The old man used the knife to stop the attack. A clear case of self defense.

Old 07-09-2022, 11:09 PM

31,278 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Up is down. In is out. Wrong is right. This is 180 world.
That is what Leftist Progressives bring to the country. It's not as if they haven't screwed up every major city where they rule. Liberals of old are gone, what's left is George Soro's backed extremists.

Old 07-10-2022, 05:31 AM

22,694 posts, read 24,721,132 times
Screw with some innocent person who is causing you no harm, whatever you get,
you had coming, IMHO.

Do these nasty Creeps, who attack innocent people, even consider that their
ticket may be punched when they do their nonsense to the wrong person?????

Old 07-10-2022, 05:49 AM

17,410 posts, read 12,021,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Store clerk charged with murder for self defense caught on camera

Not sure exactly what happened, but apparently the store clerk stabbed the attacker who unarmed.

I did make a self defense thread in another subforum asking what be considered self defense, and not the situation actually happened.

Did the perp do enough to warrant a knife attack in retaliation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnmO5OD__BM
The perp had the clerk by the shirt, and was dragging him toward the door. Yes, at that point any reasonable person would be in fear for their life, given what was currently happening.

Old 07-10-2022, 05:55 AM

8,433 posts, read 4,609,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's hard to tell when the link is to a tabloid TV show that is quoting Fox News heavily. A better source would be nice, but I don't feel like searching for it right now. Generally, if someone attacks another person, I don't get too up in arms when they are taken out.

Generally?

Old 07-10-2022, 10:20 AM

13,625 posts, read 21,444,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

Did the perp do enough to warrant a knife attack in retaliation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnmO5OD__BM
Yes.

Now let's talk something else to this story. What I have heard his girlfriend sent this man in to confront the clerk because her EBT card was empty and she could not get a bag of potato chips.

Couple the incident where the three women trashed a food joint because they had to pay $1.75 for extra sauce.

Do you see the pattern?, I do. Sense of entitlement , lack of morals, taught to be a victim in society, not much fear of being arrested and if they are certain people protest over it up to including burning buildings and assaulting more people.

People ask "why are people like this" "why are people shooting each other everywhere", "why why why?"

Soros funded politicians are giving a pass on criminals and lowering bail standards for them and when you defend yourself they arrest you, jail you, and tack on a high bail amount. They message is clear, the destruction is intentional and if you try to defend yourself they will lock you up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies