Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 03:44 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I suppose it's not shocking considering the city and its idiot D.A. The Bodega owner tried to reclaim the bag of chips the lady STOLE, and as a result was threatened with a knife. Her boyfriend then comes storming into the store to confront him, and it was clear he had zero intentions of resolving this peacefully. This is the very definition of a legitimate self-defense case, in a normal world.
Actually, no. If someone yells at you, you are supposed to yell back, not raise the ante.

I have lectured on the parameters of self-defense for more than 40 years and I have found that few people understand the limits of the privilege. Why turn this into a racial incident? Folks should move away from that knee-jerk stuff.

Is there any evidence that race played a part in what anyone did in this case? Please leave off the coincidentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 03:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
no.....she stabbed him in the arm with the knife

didn't threaten him....actually stabbed him
Bingo…good riddance to a violent criminal. Hopefully the owner doesn’t face consequences for taking out the trash.

Old 07-11-2022, 03:54 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Black perp. Black DA. Does anyone deny we are in a race war? Kim Foxx, State's Attorney in Chicago does the same thing. Black perp? No bail. No charges.
You are remarkably misinformed.

What was it when the black US attorney refused to indict Trump? Was that justice or racial?

Old 07-11-2022, 04:25 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Alvin Bragg is a damn disgrace. NYC is going to hell.

Old 07-11-2022, 04:26 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
You are remarkably misinformed.

What was it when the black US attorney refused to indict Trump? Was that justice or racial?
Even Bragg could smell the coffee on that one and knew that any attempt to indict Trump would get laughed out of court.

Old 07-11-2022, 04:32 PM

1,425 posts, read 727,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Alvin Bragg is a damn disgrace. NYC is going to hell.
Agreed. I feel bad for my friends and family members who still live there. I left in 2018 and wish I left sooner. New York City is gone, and it's replacement, New Woke City, sucks.

Old 07-11-2022, 04:35 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
The lunatics are officially running the asylum.

Old 07-11-2022, 05:02 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Actually, no. If someone yells at you, you are supposed to yell back, not raise the ante.

I have lectured on the parameters of self-defense for more than 40 years and I have found that few people understand the limits of the privilege. Why turn this into a racial incident? Folks should move away from that knee-jerk stuff.

Is there any evidence that race played a part in what anyone did in this case? Please leave off the coincidentals.
What the heck does killing someone who yells at you have to do with this case ?

Old 07-11-2022, 05:07 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
So called 'progressive' wants thugs to thrive. The stabbed scumbag pos was on parole for assaulting a cop. I hope a good lawyer hops in and shreds their/his case.

Should add GoFundMe pulled an account for him which had already raised 20K.
Correct, it was a career criminal on parole versus an elderly small business owner serving his community.

The EBT card failed and the criminal turned violent. The clerk was defending himself.

The fact that the DA charged this man with murder, judge gave him $250K bail (later dropped to $50K after public outrage). And gofundme pulled his page, shows you how toxic liberalism has become.

Old 07-11-2022, 05:14 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:

I think we found the problem; self defense isnt a privilege, its a right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies