Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 08:09 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
He could not lecture here in Missouri either. You do not have to retreat. The law states "you may use deadly force if YOU deem it necessary".
NV has no duty to retreat either. So such lectures as we're speaking of would not have any audience here. I was taught that if you need to actually draw your firearm diplomacy has failed and someone is getting shot. Probably killed. I taught my students the same thing. If you draw it use it. Do NOT brandish and do NOT fire warning shots. Put every round center mass (or if you're confident enough between the eyes) until the threat is neutralized. Meaning he's down and not getting back up.

Classroom time was on law and duties. One thing that I made sure my students understood that if you have chosen to carry you must become a very humble and non threatening person. Somebody is calling you names or wolf whistling your girl as you're walking down the street you let it roll off and ignore it. Do NOT engage. If it gets left at that no harm done. Now if some cretin(s) decide to follow you surround you or if they lay a hand on you or especially your lady after all attempts to just move on have failed...it's time to act. And act decisively.

If you're confident you don't need to draw and you can handle it hand to hand then by all means do so. But for my elderly disabled o otherwise not any physical threat students I taught go for the gun. Being disabled myself I know you don't ty to take on some man mountain or a pack of street coyotes bare handed. You will lose and probably die. So draw take aim and fire.

No judge in N NV is going to throw the book at a disabled elderly or just physically weak person for defending themselves with a firearm even if their attacker(s) were not armed themselves. Bare hands and boots can kill as easy as a knife or gun. Shoot them/that sumbitch(s!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 08:42 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
The guy who went behind the counter.
I don't think that is accurate. He didn't light into the guy with a knife.

Quote:
You’re placing a lot of blame on the bodega worker. The guy who went behind the counter to corner him escalated the situation.
I'm not blaming anyone. I'm showing people that they don't understand self-defense.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The victim, who was charged and jailed, did follow NY legal protocol in trying to deescalate the situation. He stood up and moved toward the exit. At that time, the perp escalated his attack, which caused the victim of the attack to use self-defense with a box cutter he had from his shop.
I think you, perhaps intentionally, confuse who was the perpetrator and who was the victim.

Quote:
A clear viewing is available to anyone. It’s clearly self-defense.
Says you. Prosecutors don't use terms like 'clearly'. You don't show an understanding of the parameters of self-defense.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
The guy that went into a store to attack the owner.
Nope. He was just yelling. That's not life or death.

Quote:
You seem to make every decision of right\wrong based upon who is black(er).

Are you a NOI member?
I have a large store of legal knowledge and common sense.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The owner was backed into a corner and was being violently assaulted by two people.
That's not accurate.
Quote:
The woman stabbed him and the man was obviously going to at the very least beat him to death.
You can't claim self-defense based on what someone is going to do.

Quote:
You said earlier that you have traveled around and given professional style lectures on the use of lethal force.
Close, but what I did was different.

Quote:
So one "professional" to another I have to wonder at what it is you're teaching folks. That you are questioning the viability of a self defense situation here leaves me a tad aghast.
Well, I know the legal parameters of the claim.

Quote:
The guy should never have been arrested. A good judge would advise him to get a civil action going against the DA.
You stab an unarmed man to death and you have some 'splainin' to do.
Quote:
The owner was walking pretty good? And that has bearing how? Exactly?
Someone claimed he had been stabbed. It sure didn't look like it.
Quote:
There is no defending the NYC DA on this one.
How do you know? Have you been a prosecutor?

Old 07-11-2022, 09:03 PM

3,247 posts, read 3,200,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Nope. He was just yelling. That's not life or death.

I have a large store of legal knowledge and common sense.
I just watched the video again. You didn’t see the bodega guy try to get out and the young man pushed him in the corner? If you feel he should have a duty to get away, well, he tried to but couldn’t.

If a DA in Florida had come up with this murder charge, Governor Ron DeSantis himself would driven to the jail, demanded the key, and let the guy out himself.

Old 07-11-2022, 09:03 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Alba will NOT be convicted, and I look forward to the DA, eventually not long in the future, being pushed out.

Just like his kindred spirit DA in SF was pushed out.

Both DAs are garbage!!!

Old 07-11-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I just watched the video again. You didn’t see the bodega guy try to get out and the young man pushed him in the corner? If you feel he should have a duty to get away, well, he tried to but couldn’t.
Well, I never said that.

Let's wait and see how this story develops.

Old 07-11-2022, 09:40 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Quote:
The victim, who was charged and jailed, did follow NY legal protocol in trying to deescalate the situation. He stood up and moved toward the exit. At that time, the perp escalated his attack, which caused the victim of the attack to use self-defense with a box cutter he had from his shop.
I think you, perhaps intentionally, confuse who was the perpetrator and who was the victim.
toodie is not confused as to who the victim is. He is the man who was attacked and who defended himself and who was subsequently charged and thrown behind bars.

Have you even seen the video footage from the security cam?

Old 07-11-2022, 10:12 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Quote:
And the biggest aspect of self-defense is running away; NOT using deadly force. In the face of deadly force a person is privileged to use deadly force to defend him or herself. That's where the privilege comes in.
The problem being that the first person to use deadly force usually wins.

If someone threatens me, best be prepared for me to go nuclear. If they convict me, they better hope I never get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies