Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2022, 04:40 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times

Advertisements

I hope Alba goes free. The guy he killed was a career criminal who deserved the label "thug."

These "thugs" think they can do whatever they want, and his "girlfriend" got mad because Alba wouldn't let her have merchandise for free. Oh, she stabbed Alba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 04:48 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Proportionality is facet of the use of deadly force in self-defense.
There is no way you could lecture about self defense.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:56 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
How is this relevant to the case? If the assailant had pulled a gun and shot the storekeep, would he not be charged with murder, because initially he had only yelled at the guy? I really hope that you aren't a lawyer.
He pretends to have knowledge of the law yet moves the goalpost each time he is proven wrong.

A wannabe lawyer.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:47 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Proportionality is facet of the use of deadly force in self-defense.
No...it's not. I have to wonder where it was you were taught about use of lethal force. Back in the day the rules were pretty simple. You could shoot preemptively o stop murder rape or arson. Self defense was defined simply as "fear of death or great bodily harm" as justification. Those rules are still in effect for the most part outside of wokey tokey land. Proportionality? Seriously?

In the case in question here Alba was proportionally vastly physically inferior to his attacker. His use of lethal force was totally justified. He used what he had at hand to stop an attack that would have left him grievously injured at the very least stone dead at the worst. These urban thugs love to do beatdowns on weaker defenseless victims.

Witness the recent case in Philly. Alba had every reason there is to fear for his life. So he fought back with what he had which a knife. My philosophy on lethal force is garnered from many years of training and experience in the use of a firearm for defense. But in the absence of a firearm it's improvisation that matters. Albsa improvised. And he stayed alive. I shed no remorse at all for his attacker and I still think the girlfriend should be sitting in Rikers.

A 62 year old bodega worker confronted by a known violent street thug managed to turn the tables and walk away. "Proportionally" Alba was at a serious disadvantage. I say that for one he did the whole country a favor by killing this rodent and two he couldn't have been more justified in doing so. I have had to defend myself from street coyotes before. They don't follow any set of rules that we solid citizens have to.

Those rules are burned into my brain and I burned them into my students. There ae subtle nuances in self defense law that varies state to state. By far the worst was CA but I think NYC just topped that. In my case here in N NV a DA trying to make a name for himself tried to prosecute me based on certain custom add ons to my revolver. Which he said meant I was "hunting for trouble. Aftermarket grips and extended cylinder release and he also tried to through in my high viz adjustable sights which were factor installed. Bone stock.

But police reports and a slew of witnesses got that I was "hunting trouble" bilge tossed right out. The arraignment judge wasn't having any of it. These over reaching far left DAs and ADAs have been around a long time. But in all my years I've never seen this sort of reeking scupper brine. I thought my case was bad. It was for N NV but thankfully there's still some good judges out there. They just don't preside in NYC or pick any CA urban cesspool.

As a final thought on "proportionality" It's the victim of an assault that needs to factor that in. And proportionally the victim is ALWAYS at a disadvantage. An attacker is on offense the victim is fighting from a defensive position. At least until the victim chooses not to be food for the aforementioned varmints and puts 7 rounds in the attacker. Especially for disabled and elderly people (like Alba) tying to fight back bare handle or even with an LTL weapon is a fools venture.

Shoot that sumbitch. The video ,at least the whole unedited video, shows a clear cut case of self defense. Anyplace but wokey tokey la la land anyway.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:10 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
I keep periodically checking in here, hoping there’s been enough pressure put on the idiot Bragg that Alba is no longer being charged. No such luck, I guess.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:16 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are they allowing a go-fund-me for the Bodega worker?

Guy seems genuinely upset by the whole thing and was sad the guy died and apologized to the mother for her loss. The guy clearly didn't want to kill anyone but when you get attacked and defend yourself in the heat of the moment things happen.
Think it was taken down by the website.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
And the biggest aspect of self-defense is running away; NOT using deadly force. In the face of deadly force a person is privileged to use deadly force to defend him or herself. That's where the privilege comes in.
Jose Alba tried to leave. The dead thug prevented him from doing so.

The dead thug was a career criminal.

Alba is a hero and I'm glad he took down that thug. One fewer criminal on NYC's crime-infested streets.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I don't know if that happened at all. The news reports did not state that. The owner was shown walking pretty good.
I know this post you wrote is from the evening of July 11, but evidence is already out. Visual evidence showing the girlfriend stabbing Alba. Photos of the stab wound on the arm.

If facts matter in any analyses you conduct, and I hope they do, then I hope the fact she stabbed him first affects your conclusions.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Is that a capital offense?
Cute deflection, but the thug was trespassing. He had no right to be there. If a white man entered the private area of a black-owned business and behaved in the same way the dead thug behaved to Alba, how would you react if someone said "is that a capital offense?"

Old 07-12-2022, 07:41 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
https://nypost.com/2022/07/12/slain-...irls-in-video/

The city is safer because Austin Simon is not alive to threaten anyone anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies