Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 05:12 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Such a strange headline. This is about warring factions running for school boards, one leaning to the left while the other to the right praising the Proud Boys as good citizens.

Only in Florida

Quote:
Was Robyn at an event where Proud Boys were present? Yes, along with 30 other parents who wanted to ask a School Board member how we could better reach our exceptional student education students. This topic is close to my heart for personal reasons, and also because I taught as a substitute with multiple exceptional student education classes. I have seen the dire situation that these students and teachers face.

When I think about the Proud Boys, I think of fathers, business owners and veterans. These fathers have spoken at many School Board meetings. They are concerned about the direction that their local schools are heading in, and I commend them for coming to School Board meetings.

I believe that Schurr is attacking the Sarasota Proud Boys because of the following:

They are opposed to abortion.
They stand for America and freedom, and against communist organizations.
They believe that discussions of homosexuality are best left to parents, and that this is an issue of parental rights.
They stand against medical mandates, such as the illegal mask mandate in Sarasota County.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/at...933d4a57221ac8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 06:16 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
I don't think I would want to live in Florida.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:17 AM

I didn't think the Sarasota area was that far right, Proud Boys are the voice of reason, model citizens.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:28 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Such a strange headline. This is about warring factions running for school boards, one leaning to the left while the other to the right praising the Proud Boys as good citizens.

Only in Florida

If you drive away the students from families who believe in medical science (and the Jews and the homosexuals and the communists )then the children of the proud boys will have a much improved chance to qualify for the gifted programs. Best way to do this is to be on the school board. Makes sense to me.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:32 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
Sarasota is full of retirees and people working service jobs to serve those retirees and tourists.

Sarasota CITY is purple to Blue, lots of artsy retirees there, film festivals, art exhibitions concerts with older artists. There are families with school-age children as well but at levels of the surrounding county. The surrounding County (Sarasota County) is very rural, likely Rebublican and likely makes up the majority of where the school-age children reside.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:20 AM

23,627 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:

Only in Florida

Selective editing by you? Or do you simply lack critical reading skills?

The person writing the piece, Melissa Radovich, is not a school board candidate. She says this of the right-wing candidate, Robyn Marinelli:

"To my knowledge, Robyn does not know any Proud Boys, so it is absurd to even attempt to attack her on this issue."

As far as Marinelli being at any events that some proud boys were at, apparently the attending proud boys were there because they are parents who care about their child's education.

While her article touched on that the left-wing candidate had hidden the truth about her involvement with PP, her article was basically about a left-wing activist, Lisa Gialdini Schurr, who is pro blm, CRT, etc., who has apparently been making things up about Marinelli in attempts smear her.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:27 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
Quote:
I didn't think the Sarasota area was that far right, Proud Boys are the voice of reason, model citizens.
Yup, that's what I think when I think of proud boys. Guys that were willing to attack our capital with the intention of destroying our government, annihilating our Constitution, and replacing our system with some militaristic version of autocracy under the great organ one.

That just says reason and model citizen to the core.

Not.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:35 AM

23,627 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Yup, that's what I think when I think of proud boys. Guys that were willing to attack our capital with the intention of destroying our government, annihilating our Constitution, and replacing our system with some militaristic version of autocracy under the great organ one.

That just says reason and model citizen to the core.

Not.
You're thinking of the wrong group who wants to do that. Blm founder, Patrisse Cullors, had stated on video that doing those things is the goal of blm. Her video has been posted numerous times in this forum, perhaps you should look for it and watch it.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Selective editing by you? Or do you simply lack critical reading skills?

The person writing the piece, Melissa Radovich, is not a school board candidate. She says this of the right-wing candidate, Robyn Marinelli:

"To my knowledge, Robyn does not know any Proud Boys, so it is absurd to even attempt to attack her on this issue."

As far as Marinelli being at any events that some proud boys were at, apparently the attending proud boys were there because they are parents who care about their child's education.

While her article touched on that the left-wing candidate had hidden the truth about her involvement with PP, her article was basically about a left-wing activist, Lisa Gialdini Schurr, who is pro blm, CRT, etc., who has apparently been making things up about Marinelli in attempts smear her.
I never said she was a school board candidate just that there were different factions, she supports one candidate and is praising the Proud Boys as good citizens.

Yes the other candidate was left off the fact that she worked for PP in her resume. Here is the article from the so called left wing activist regarding the candidate Radovich is supporting, she still claims she doesn't know the Proud Boys. It's absurd that anyone should offer praise for a white supremacist group.

Quote:

Publicly available Florida incorporation records indicate that Hoel and his wife established Unmask Freedom as a nonprofit shortly before the event at The Hollow. The other incorporators were Proud Boy Nicholas Radovich, and his wife, Melissa Radovich. Unmask Freedom was used as a front group for these Proud Boys to hold events and make social media posts. Numerous photos have been publicly posted showing Hoel and Radovich at various events and protests while wearing Proud Boy gear and waving Proud Boy flags.
https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...ys/7645619001/

Old 07-11-2022, 09:10 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're thinking of the wrong group who wants to do that. Blm founder, Patrisse Cullors, had stated on video that doing those things is the goal of blm. Her video has been posted numerous times in this forum, perhaps you should look for it and watch it.

I don't recall the BLM movement storming our Capital. Perhaps i am misremembering, but i think i have the correct group.

The first definition of "Proud Boys which comes up when i do a search, is:

The Proud Boys is an American far-right, neo-fascist, and exclusively male organization that promotes and engages in political violence in the United States.

These are the guys (men only per organization rules) whose leader i think is still in jail for seditionism against the US. Many of his followers have been, or will be, subject to attacking or subverting our freedoms. By my book, that is an attempt to overthrow our Democratic Government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies