Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2022, 04:26 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
The New York Times had 501 deaths yesterday in the US from Covid, again do the math. Their count is always consistently conservative due to only counting death certificates citing Covid. Numbers will go up on a trajectory as we get to colder months. Y’all are whistling by the graveyard, as it were, hoping for the best. Social distancing works.
I mean, a death cert should cite it if we are counting it as COD.

And social distancing also has caused so much mental illness. We are social creatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 04:28 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
COVID on a death certificate does not mean it was due to COVID fyi.
Exactly. Saying it’s a conservative estimate is really the opposite of the reality. Just testing positive at death does not mean it’s what killed you.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:28 PM

50,306 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Just Stay Home!

Wear your mask!

Social Distance!

Test Daily!

Order Takeout!

Keep Your Packages in the Garage for 2 Days Before Opening Them!

Wipe Down Everything with Disinfectant!

Eat Outside Not Indoors!

Close Playgrounds!

Close Beaches!
Don't forget forests

Old 07-12-2022, 04:32 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
And social distancing also has caused so much mental illness. We are social creatures.
My parents still try to social distance as if it's still 2020. They run away from everyone they encounter outside in public. In all seriousness, I really fear for their mental health. What they are doing is not healthy and I try everything I can to convince them to stop and they just scold me.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:47 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Once again, why are hospitals and medical clinics still expecting people entering to wear masks? When I went to my clinic complaining about a positive covid test, I was put in a room away from the main area for patients. The nurse and doctor who saw me both wore not one but two masks. Anyway, I hope I'm immune for a good while and so won't be wearing any mask where not required.
Because their administrators are blithering idiots who desperately don't want to be sued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Don't be surprised if that becomes the norm. Why should medical facilities be the places where people are exposed to viruses? Most people in medical facilities understand how this works.
What do face diapers have to do with stopping a virus? They're physically ineffective, it's not physically possible for some dinky little snot rag to stop a virus, no matter what kind of fancy numbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
This is a "pandemic of the unvaccinated." I, myself, am vaccinated, so the pandemic is over for me.
Wrong, I'm un-corona-vaccinated (gotta specify, there's a BIG difference!), take zero extra precautions (except working remote, but no one wants to go back to the office, and I like my 20ft commute), and might have had one twelve-hour cold back in December, which was weird due to how short it was.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:51 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It feels like the worst wave to me, as far as number of people infected, but even my sister's old and infirm FIL came through it with no major problems.

While it's contagious, it's typically very mild.
Hospitalizations and deaths are significant data. Who got it, not so much. Double vaccinated double boostered and clowns like Fauci still get it. Big con.

They are going to ride this train to election day. Use it as an excuse to enact emergency powers to limit turnout, call off the elections, federalize the elections, this covid is a tool. It gives the dark side money and it gives them power.

Old 07-12-2022, 10:42 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The newest variants appear to escape protection from previous infection.
Not quite true, Qatar found that prior infection had nearly 100% reduction in severe disease. And around 30-50% reduction in infection. Vaccines of course fared far worse if the vaccinated individual was not infected.

Quote:
I take it you would embrace having ebola or rabies then.
Eh, I’ve been in East Kivu and Equateur provinces in the DRC during their Ebola outbreak. I was in the village of the Batwa people in Equateur who were supposedly hard hit. Ebola is all smoke and mirrors. A healthy adult will most likely be fine. The Africans in these affected areas are not healthy so it kills them easily. Malaria, a parasite, has almost identical symptoms to Ebola, and in some countries (like the one I’m in now - Mozambique) account for 30% of all deaths, mostly children. I still don’t take any prophylaxis preferring my body to deal with it naturally vs through drugs if I so happen to come down with it. Once you have a healthy body you’re not worried about getting sick as you know you will be fine.

Rabies no, that’s a nasty one.

Old 07-12-2022, 11:32 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
That is not why influenza receded. You are willfully misleading people.

Here is a member of Biden's Covid task force explaining what actually happened: https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1451549004068700170
The way to not catch a virus is not to be exposed. Masking and social distancing reduce risk of exposure. Better hand hygiene helps, even if that is not the major route of infection. Kids not being in school also reduced exposure of adults in their families.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hs...d-19-pandemic/

Quote:
Not quite true, Qatar found that prior infection had nearly 100% reduction in severe disease. And around 30-50% reduction in infection. Vaccines of course fared far worse if the vaccinated individual was not infected.

Eh, I’ve been in East Kivu and Equateur provinces in the DRC during their Ebola outbreak. I was in the village of the Batwa people in Equateur who were supposedly hard hit. Ebola is all smoke and mirrors. A healthy adult will most likely be fine. The Africans in these affected areas are not healthy so it kills them easily. Malaria, a parasite, has almost identical symptoms to Ebola, and in some countries (like the one I’m in now - Mozambique) account for 30% of all deaths, mostly children. I still don’t take any prophylaxis preferring my body to deal with it naturally vs through drugs if I so happen to come down with it. Once you have a healthy body you’re not worried about getting sick as you know you will be fine.

Rabies no, that’s a nasty one.
Reinfections are happening in people who have had earlier variants.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...o-know-omicron

Healthy adults do die from Ebola. Where do you get the idea they do not?

No, malaria and Ebola do not have the same symptoms.

Malaria has a significant mortality rate if untreated.

Counting on a "healthy body" to keep you from getting sick is magical thinking.

Old 07-13-2022, 12:06 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Reinfections are happening in people who have had earlier variants.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...o-know-omicron

Healthy adults do die from Ebola. Where do you get the idea they do not?

No, malaria and Ebola do not have the same symptoms.

Malaria has a significant mortality rate if untreated.

Counting on a "healthy body" to keep you from getting sick is magical thinking.
Who cares about reinfections when they only produce sniffles for 2 days. We’re constantly reinfected with a whole family of Cold causing viruses.

Yes, they do. From high fever to gastrointestinal distress, the symptoms can be indistinguishable in most.

And no, it has worked for me 55 years and counting. What I noticed is that counting on pharmaceutical interventions has not kept people healthy. There is no shortcut to health and the people who sell you that are selling snake oil.

Old 07-13-2022, 12:23 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Who cares about reinfections when they only produce sniffles for 2 days. We’re constantly reinfected with a whole family of Cold causing viruses.

Yes, they do. From high fever to gastrointestinal distress, the symptoms can be indistinguishable in most.

And no, it has worked for me 55 years and counting. What I noticed is that counting on pharmaceutical interventions has not kept people healthy. There is no shortcut to health and the people who sell you that are selling snake oil.
What has "worked for [you] 55 years" does not mean it will work for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies