Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 02:32 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But Paxlovid is taken after covid symptoms start, not before. You can't be prescribed Paxlovid until tested positive with covid.
They did run trials on Paxlovid as a prophylaxis and it failed. But it was on the table.

It’s actually an important question, how can Paxlovid work if it doesn’t prevent viral replication (aka works as a prophylaxis) since it’s MOA is inhibiting an enzyme used for viral replication.

Paxlovid almost probably doesn’t work. We have 1 study from Pfizer saying it does in unvaccinated folk pre-Omicron. Let’s wait for some studies done by independent CROs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 04:16 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
The reason why I call BS on the latest news on Omicron is because EVERY news article is saying that vaccinations and booster shots are the "best" way to fight this. Are we really still pushing these outdated vaccines at this point?

When we stop marketing these outdated vaccines that no longer work, then maybe I might take this seriously. Until then, I think this is all just fear mongering and honestly, at this point, it's just getting old.
What is your story? You say this here and in politics forum you say that the vaccines are best thing ever?!

Old 07-13-2022, 04:21 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
I hate to be the one who's unpopular here but these vaccines are important especially for the elderly who are susceptible to this disease they keep the rest of us from having to tolerate these ridiculous restrictions from The Nanny State types so don't go poo pooing them too much. Yes they wear off but yes they do prevent severe illness and death in susceptible individuals. Novavax has much less side effect with it's approval finally we have another option.

We have choice in the matter now and that's all that matters to me. Those who are ruled by fear that want to mask up for the next 50 years can do so just don't make me do it because I'm not going too. Quite frankly I think the Chinese should overthrow their government.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:24 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I hate to be the one who's unpopular here but these vaccines are important especially for the elderly who are susceptible to this disease they keep the rest of us from having to tolerate these ridiculous restrictions from The Nanny State
The vaccine doesn't stop the contraction, spreading, or dying from COVID. This is explained before you even get the vaccine.

You can have 4 boosters shots and still pass COVID to your grandmother. And your grandmother can have 4 boosters and still catch COVID.

The best defense is a healthy lifestyle. You can't vaccinate your way out of a pandemic... Because the vaccine doesn't stop the pandemic from spreading.
Quote:
Israeli Study Finds Fourth COVID-19 Dose Insufficient Against Omicron
https://www.contagionlive.com/view/i...gainst-omicron

Old 07-13-2022, 04:25 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I hate to be the one who's unpopular here but these vaccines are important especially for the elderly who are susceptible to this disease they keep the rest of us from having to tolerate these ridiculous restrictions from The Nanny State types so don't go poo pooing them too much. Yes they wear off but yes they do prevent severe illness and death in susceptible individuals. Novavax has much less side effect with it's approval finally we have another option.

We have choice in the matter now and that's all that matters to me. Those who are ruled by fear that want to mask up for the next 50 years can do so just don't make me do it because I'm not going too. Quite frankly I think the Chinese should overthrow their government.
We have no evidence they’re important for the elderly or anyone. Link to me an RCT with a primary end point of all cause mortality or all cause disease reduction in any age group. These studies were never done.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:40 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Frankly I came here because I couldn't sleep this morning and I'm not going to spend hours doing more research on this virus or it's vaccine I'm going out to go for a bike ride soon and enjoy life I don't care about this virus I don't care about the vaccine you people have fun debating it. Maybe you are right in covid doesn't actually exist as a separate virus and it's just a variation of the flu pedaled on us in order to engage in the biggest quantitative easing globally in the history of this planet transferring massive amounts of wealth to the top 1%. I frankly don't care. Get me a DNA sequence of this virus to prove it's actually real. Actually don't, because I don't care.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:40 AM

437 posts, read 187,909 times
This surge is all Biden's fault. People are dying because of Senile Biden.

Hey, I didn't make up the rules. I'm just following the rules that Demoncrats made when Trump was president and dealing with COVID.

Old 07-13-2022, 05:07 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
NYC and Westchester County went to "high risk" for covid last Friday, masks are recommended indoors and the mandates are being considered again. U.S. Senator from NY, Chuck Schumer, has covid. The article below about Dr. Fauci has some interesting public comments,

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-...well-infection

Old 07-13-2022, 05:09 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well, I'm sure everyone who dies will be comforted to know that the people YOU know have had mild cases.
I check our county's covid stats every day. The numbers of folks that have died, in a county of millions, is 1 or 2 a day. And virtually EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM had underlying health conditions, or were over 80 years old.

The death of a family member is sad, but to continue this hysteria over a virus that is equivalent to the seasonal flu, is disgusting.

Old 07-13-2022, 07:20 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The way to not catch a virus is not to be exposed. Masking and social distancing reduce risk of exposure. Better hand hygiene helps, even if that is not the major route of infection. Kids not being in school also reduced exposure of adults in their families.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hs...d-19-pandemic/

Reinfections are happening in people who have had earlier variants.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...o-know-omicron

Healthy adults do die from Ebola. Where do you get the idea they do not?

No, malaria and Ebola do not have the same symptoms.

Malaria has a significant mortality rate if untreated.

Counting on a "healthy body" to keep you from getting sick is magical thinking.
Reinfections can happen to anyone. It’s like the flu. The people who seem to be having the most reinfections are those who are vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies