Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 09:14 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
What variant(s) did you catch? I don't think the latest variants will cause those severe symptoms.
I had omicron. It was exactly like the flu for me. One of my kids had flu like symptoms but also with gastrointestinal symptoms. For the other it was cold like and the other adult family member had almost no symptoms at all.

It can hit people very differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 09:20 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Then start citing numbers of deaths rather than positivity cases.
100% this. Positive cases mean nothing and they are also only as accurate as those that report it.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:26 AM

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
100% this. Positive cases mean nothing and they are also only as accurate as those that report it.
Being it's the first disease tested for without symptoms there is too much chance for error especially with the different test ie quick test, swap, pcr(settings have changed since the begining). Many flu's "quietly" hit the US and other countries over the decades.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:45 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Just a wide array of ever-changing odd symptoms that went on for two weeks.
Yes, that's how it's been for us literally every time we have been sick for the last about three years. I was pregnant in 2019 and around 7 months, we all were sick with some chest cold type of deal with cough, but for me, it lingered for weeks and weeks. I still get flare ups where my lungs feel irritated. We have never taken a test but the "ever-changing odd symptoms" that go on for 2-3 weeks is unlike anything I've ever dealt with in my life, much less since having kids 11 years ago. I really have to wonder why it is like that with coronavirus and if this is typical of all coronaviruses or just this one (although, which strain are we talking? They have all been the same for us over the last three years, or very similar odd set of symptoms that ebb and flow over a couple of weeks each time).

One really odd thing that happened was with my infant in early 2020. I had him in December 2019 and in early February, he had what looked like retractions when he was breathing. I had suspected laryngomalacia (which is kind of just a loose, flappy part inside the throat that can make breathing more difficult but usually just results in loud breathing) so I took him to the ER just to make sure he was alright. He was totally fine (sats, cultures negative, etc.) EXCEPT they x-rayed his chest and told me either he has severe asthma or damage consistent with a viral infection. We had NOT been sick since his birth. Only explanation I can think of is that something happened to him when I was sick during pregnancy. They made me transfer to the children's hospital (they wanted to send us by ambulance, really stupid considering he was not acutely ill and threatened me when I went to sign out AMA and drive over there myself) and after I took him to get checked out at that hospital (I refused to sign the papers and just left and took him myself), the consensus was that it's just laryngomalacia, he is fine, asthma does not exist in 2 month olds, and there was no evidence of illness. VERY odd, and he is 2.5 now and like any other kid, just a little noisy breathing mostly when he sleeps. What in the world could have caused his x-ray to appear that way? I would almost like to get another to see what it looks like now.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:49 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
Quote:
When I had a sore throat early June, I tested neg twice with at home tests. It didn't feel like the covid I had in 2020 so I went to doc for a strep test and was surprised when he said negative on strep, positive on covid. After a few days of sore throat it was like a mild cold. I would rate my 2020 case as mild as well but it was very different, unlike anything else I'd ever had. Just a wide array of ever-changing odd symptoms that went on for two weeks.
Help me understand. You had a sore throat, so why bother testing for COVID, Strep, or see your Doc in the first place? Would you have done all this before COVID

Old 07-13-2022, 09:53 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,982,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/...d-ever-n481975

And what is the Biden regime doing about it?

Nothing.
Don't care, we can't continue to live in lockdowns forever. There are treatments and vaccines available now, no one is 100% safe from any virus all the time, and trying to stop the world from spinning for 1 virus which is at its weakest point in existence in non sensible.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:32 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Don't care, we can't continue to live in lockdowns forever. There are treatments and vaccines available now, no one is 100% safe from any virus all the time, and trying to stop the world from spinning for 1 virus which is at its weakest point in existence in non sensible.

There was a lot of sarcasm in the OP. I had covid a year and a half ago. And got very ill from it. I am vaxxed and boosted and this current variant seems to be much less deadly. More like the flu just more contagious. So life goes on as normal.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:40 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,444 times
Just came down with it this past weekend after traveling out of state.

Tested Monday and positive result next morning.

So far like a bad cold.

Yes, I am hearing from a lot more people recently in the Houston area that they have gotten it.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:05 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Lot's of people I work with came down with in a couple weeks ago and while nobody liked being sick everyone is back now. No matter how vaccinated and boosted you are there is no protection against the latest variants and by the time there are there will be new variants. We only take our best guess with the flu vaccine each year and sometimes are spectacularly wrong about it and Covid seems like a much faster moving target so I don't think we can get around it with 3 times a year boosters or whatever. I'm not even going to try and we need to get rid of all vaccine mandates. At this point it's about CONTROL not PUBLIC HEALTH.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:27 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Lot's of people I work with came down with in a couple weeks ago and while nobody liked being sick everyone is back now. No matter how vaccinated and boosted you are there is no protection against the latest variants and by the time there are there will be new variants. We only take our best guess with the flu vaccine each year and sometimes are spectacularly wrong about it and Covid seems like a much faster moving target so I don't think we can get around it with 3 times a year boosters or whatever. I'm not even going to try and we need to get rid of all vaccine mandates. At this point it's about CONTROL not PUBLIC HEALTH.
I really wonder how long it takes to recover from Omicron. Because everyone I know that caught it just quarantined for the required 5 days and after that, they were all good as new. No coughing, no hoarse voice, no runny nose, etc. When I have a common cold, it usually takes a good solid week to just get through the "feeling like crap" stage and then another 1-2 weeks just getting over the post-nasal drip effects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies