Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 10:16 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, it will understate the number of cases/hospitalizations/deaths in unvaccinated people.
No, you are not understanding. The sky is blue, and having a policy of calling vaccinated people who get infected, or get hospitalized with, or die from Covid "unvaccinated" because you're not sure whether they're vaccinated or not is going to result in a final tally that does not accurately reflect reality, and the error is always going to be in the direction of making "unvaccinated" people look worse.

If you are taking RSVPs for a party and your policy is to count all the "maybes" as "no's," then you're going to always end up with more people at the party than you expected, and you won't have enough food or drink. Same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 10:23 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
No, you are not understanding. The sky is blue, and having a policy of calling vaccinated people who get infected, or get hospitalized with, or die from Covid "unvaccinated" because you're not sure whether they're vaccinated or not is going to result in a final tally that does not accurately reflect reality, and the error is always going to be in the direction of making "unvaccinated" people look worse.

If you are taking RSVPs for a party and your policy is to count all the "maybes" as "no's," then you're going to always end up with more people at the party than you expected, and you won't have enough food or drink. Same thing.
Since the vaccinated people are doing better, adding them to the unvaccinated group would make the unvaccinated group look better than it is.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:27 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Since the vaccinated people are doing better, adding them to the unvaccinated group would make the unvaccinated group look better than it is.
The ones that are getting infected/getting hospitalized/dying are not "doing better," and those are the ones getting added to the unvaccinated infection/hospitalization/death total, whereas no one that's unvaccinated and getting infected/getting hospitalized/dying is getting incorrectly classified as vaccinated. It only goes one direction. By the health agency's own admission.

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 07-13-2022 at 10:59 PM..

Old 07-13-2022, 10:38 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
Quote:
In other words, you are making it up.
Making up what? Tell us, Suzy?

Quote:
Yes, few. Virtually all of my friends and relatives remain uninfected.
According to CDC statistics, almost 80% of the country has had COVID

Quote:
Disprove your claim that no drug or vaccine has ever made someone healthy.
They haven't. Prove that they have.

Quote:
I could have mentioned also that the smallpox vaccine completely eradicated the smallpox virus. It is not necessary to vaccinate against it anywhere on the planet.
Yes, smallpox. The one of the rare successes in the field of vaccinations. And how was it done? Using another virus and injecting it - be it cowpox or actually horsepox. So it was far more natural than say antigen-conjugate, viral-vector, or god forbid these mRNA monstrosities.

Quote:
You brought it up.
No I didn't, you did. I made no mention of these specific treatments, just made a broad reference that drugs don't make you healthy! It doesn't work, sorry. What works is diet and exercise. No drug will do that, that's snake oil. That's religion. That's belief in laziness. That's belief in magic. That's in belief in fairy tales. I hate to break it to you.

Quote:
It did show a reduction in infection that missed statistical significance.
If it missed statistical significance, and we only have 1 such study, then we have no idea if it's due to chance or real effect. If 100 other studies come out with results, preferably none done by the most criminal pharmaceutical company in the world (Pfizer) then we could do a meta-analysis, and extract a statistically significant signal.

Quote:
The study was taken from one of Israel's very large HMOs. It is a scientific study.
No, it's not scientific. It's a study, a retrospective study, where people take data and mine it and crunch statistics. It's considered the lowest form of evidence in evidence based medicine - only above studies in vitro studies. It's always loaded with confounding biases, because the data is out, and people can play with it to say whatever they want. In fact, give me any large data set, give me what you want, and some time, and I will extract a statistically significant result for your desire by playing around around with Cohorts. This is a known problem with these studies. This is why I brought up Ivermectin, because I know you don't think it works, yet there were a plethora of studies like this, even larger, using healthcare data of specific countries, showing Ivermectin working spectacularly. All this disappeared during the RCTs. Which is very common, especially in the field of Oncology (for example) you would get Big Pharma doing lots of retrospective studies claiming large benefits, but when RCT is actually done, the benefits completely disappear.

Quote:
Please link to a single RCT larger than that study that shows ivermectin "works" for covid.
You're not following this conversation. RCT is not retrospective study, now is it?

Quote:
A study from Pfizer that did not show a statistical benefit for prophylaxis is OK, though. You cannot just cherry pick which Pfizer studies you want to use.
Pfizer has interest in selling their products, obviously. So a negative result always should be more believed than a positive one. But tbh, I don't trust Pfizer at all, we need independent CROs to do these studies, not Pfizer. It's a joke.

Quote:
So you have been lucky.
No, not lucky. I've been healthy my whole life, and pays dividends, far beyond any drug the pharma company sells you. Right now, my vaccinated (2 dose) partner got COVID again (round 2). Me, nothing. Strep throat, eh, maybe as a kid or if it doesn't hurt that much? Never had a bad sore throat. When I get sick, I still workout, I don't rest, it's how mild my illnesses are. I haven't missed a day of workout in decades. I eat well, I exercise daily (cardio + weights + yoga/mindfulness), I spend my time outdoors in the sun. As a result, I'm healthy. I don't need BigPharma at all. There is no magic here, just discipline.

When I see most Americans walking, I can see you're not healthy. I can see lack of fitness (often gross obesity), eating of junk food, barely able to walk etc.

Quote:
As I said, if you do not care about your heart and kidneys let strep go untreated.
I care about those, which is why I won't get treated with toxic drugs.

Quote:
It was a noninferiority trial, showing the 5 day treatment was no better or worse than the ten day.
It showed slightly better outcomes in the 5-day arm, with less adverse events. So cutting in half their antibiotics, improved results. What about if we eliminate antibiotics altogether?

The poster ran to their doc right away for a sore throat. Imagine if their doc just gave them antibiotics for that? Antibiotics have many undesirable effects on your gut biome, they actually suppress your immune system if taken regularly. I've never taken antibiotics, in recent memory. I've even through some surgeries, where on discharge, you get an Rx for antibiotics, and I don't fill it or take it, I just allow my body to naturally fight it. People are too reliant on medicines.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
??? What part. Be specific with your nonsense. LET me help you:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...us-infections/

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2022...s-health-risks

https://fortune.com/2022/07/09/is-co...asles-ba4-ba5/
Tell me which one of those is anti-science and absurd? Or do you just randomly attack posters rather then try and discuss topics? please stop
Allow me to be specific.

The first study you linked was a database study. The information for the study came from veterans in a Department of Veterans Affairs health care database. No actual persons were involved in the study. And there are some folks questioning whether this study even would apply to the general population.

Conclusion: not very scientific.

As for the second link, the entire story is in the headline - could be the most infectious. Could. Not will. No is. Could. The rest of the article is sprinkled with "should" and "suggest".

Conclusion: not very scientific.

Personally, I'd like to see a study that looks at the link between vaccine fanaticism, Covid paranoia and TDS.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:20 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Says who?

Quote:
Indigenous, Latino, Pacific Islander and Black Americans all have significantly higher COVID-19 mortality rates than either White or Asian Americans
https://www.apmresearchlab.org/covid/deaths-by-race

So either:
1. COVID is racist or
2. The vaccine can't prevent unhealthy people from dying of COVID.

Any vaccine that fails to prevent a disproportional amount of deaths among people of color is clearly not the magic bullet you wish it would be.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:26 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Seems like almost everyone around me came down with Covid within the last month.

All of them are vaccinated and boosted

Old 07-14-2022, 05:28 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
My wife, then me... contracted covid and tested positive.

I'm almost 70 in excellent health and had 1 day I stayed inside and did little to nothing. Mild fever body aches. One night with some sleeping discomfort. X strength Tylenol worked fine on the symptoms. After the 3rd day I'm back at it with a mild cough and a bit of a sore throat.

Wife got hit hard. 5 days in and her fever finally broke. Lots of symptoms. After 7 days back to 75% or so. Still on the mend.

I'm vaccinate in late winter of 2021 and not boosted. Wife not vaccinated for 'cause'(NOYB). Both of us are in good weight and healthy.

For what it's worth, this has been a public service announcement.
Your story describes me and my husband - neither vaccinated. I took tons of vitamins and he did not. I have no sense of taste still and I have a cough leftover, same as my kids, but he is still having waves of really not feeling well.

Also a PSA for not taking poison pushed by the govt.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:31 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
about half of us have now caught covid. The problem here is that each time you catch it, it damages you more and more. And the new variant is more contagious then measles.

If we had all gotten vaccinated and helped other countries do so as well, things might be different. But we didn't have that sort of leadership in our country back then.
“That sort of leadership”? You mean the kind where they coerce, mandate, threaten your job?

You made that up about it damaging you more each time. There is no evidence of that.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:34 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Seems like almost everyone around me came down with Covid within the last month.

All of them are vaccinated and boosted
Shades of January.

Will people ever learn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies